another stupid question about grips [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : another stupid question about grips

Fifty Thousand
03-10-2011, 13:48
I have a Kimber Pro Carry II. Im looking for a new set of grips. So when ordering I get asked: Full size magwell or full size standard.....

Now I want to buy the Kimber MSH magwell, and it appears to me to have the screw in the same spot as the orginal. The picture of the grips "with magwell" seems to cover it.up.

Which grips do i want if in the near future i want to add a kimber magwell? Sorry for the uneducated post. Im just still very green with 1911s

AZ Husker
03-10-2011, 13:54
The magwell grips are flat on the bottom to fit up snugly with the well. Standard grips are beveled and don't look good with wells. Most magwell grips will cover the MSH pin, but it's for looks only.

Hokie1911
03-10-2011, 13:58
If you are going to add a magwell, you would probably want your grips flat-bottomed (no bevel) without the MSH pin cut. No magwell here, but you can see what I'm talking about...

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/HokiePS7/6e8d23b6.jpg

mrsurfboard
03-10-2011, 14:30
I think the magwell is ugly. Looking to take the one off my Pro Tactical.

rsxr22
03-10-2011, 15:41

People have different opinions as far as visual goes, from a useful standpoint, they are a must for me.

Fifty Thousand
03-10-2011, 17:19

Not sure but im pretty sure it would work with my Pro Carry II. You wanna selk the magwell?