I am just impatient or... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I am just impatient or...

GJ1981
03-10-2011, 18:31
I'm having one of those weeks, so :steamed:...

Let me start by saying I have no problem dealing with a wait for custom work. I've dealt with plenty and will have more in the future. But something is just picky away with me on one. I know quality work takes time, this is not the basis for my *****ing.

I am 10 days from 7 months of waiting on a small project that was quoted at 8 weeks. The BS here, I have seen countless projects that went after mine, come back sooner. I saw one recently on TOS get done inside of 3 weeks for a comparable amount of work. I remember a TRP getting worked over on this site by the same shop with a quick turnaround.

All I can say is, WTF? My gut feeling tells me something is a wrong here, something like they forgot to put the order in. I have read where this shop has done that to people. I have called the shop twice, once last month and was given a blanket response of "it should be done soon."

I feel I've been plenty patient here, but maybe I haven't? I think businesses nowadays take customers for granted, but that is just my opinion. After all, custom work is a luxury, not a necessity.

The only good thing out of this is I have saved some money, this shop will NEVER see my money again. Lucky though, they are not the only shop around, and from my experience, there are better. Live and learn...

End Rant

knedrgr
03-10-2011, 18:39
damn man! That does suck a big one. I hope you get it back soon, and with the problem solved.

I wouldn't mind getting one of their custom down the road, just hope I don't have to send it back like you'd done.

20South
03-10-2011, 18:41
Good luck with getting some results. I think I might be on the phone with them every day at this point. Maybe you can annoy them into completing it.

lawdog734
03-10-2011, 18:42
The squeaky wheel gets the oil.... I would be calling as much as I could. I know quality work takes time but if they said 8 weeks I would expect it around that time give or take a week or two

thecableguy
03-10-2011, 18:44
No I don't think you are being impatient. You are better than me. I would of been blowing up the phones down there everyday. Sorry that you are going through that.

GJ1981
03-10-2011, 18:44
Good luck with getting some results. I think I might be on the phone with them every day at this point. Maybe you can annoy them into completing it.

I would but don't think it would do any good. I've been waiting 7 days for a reply to an email, which is uncommon. They are usually good about replying to emails.

I'm going to wait until the end of the month and give them a call. If it isn't done or I don't like their response, I'll tell them to charge me for whats been done and sent it back, bare metal or not. I should pitch a ***** and ask for a discount...

20South
03-10-2011, 18:48
The squeaky wheel gets the oil.... I would be calling as much as I could. I know quality work takes time but if they said 8 weeks I would expect it around that time give or take a week or two

Oil? Aren't doughnuts cooked in oil?

http://static.home-ec101.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/doughnut-in-oil.jpg

Mr. Gekko
03-10-2011, 18:50
I would of been blowing up the phones down there everyday.

I would do the same as well starting week 9 or 10.

Mr. Gekko
03-10-2011, 18:51
I'm going to wait until the end of the month and give them a call. If it isn't done or I don't like their response, I'll tell them to charge me for whats been done and sent it back, bare metal or not. I should pitch a ***** and ask for a discount...

I would demand it back without charge.

GJ1981
03-10-2011, 18:56
I would demand it back without charge.

I'm definitely going to stir some **** up, I think I'll call tomorrow, and then every day after. They've been a burden to me, time to return the favor.

No way I'm going to recommend them to anyone, not after my dealings.

Mr. Gekko
03-10-2011, 19:00
I'm definitely going to stir some **** up, I think I'll call tomorrow, and then every day after. They've been a burden to me, time to return the favor.

No way I'm going to recommend them to anyone, not after my dealings.

Do it. Lighting a fire under someone's backside can be quite effective.

GJ1981
03-10-2011, 19:02
Do it. Lighting a fire under someone's backside can be quite effective.

I hope so, but at worst, it will only cost me a few minutes off my cell. This is one of those case of had I know better, I would have done differently.

lawdog734
03-10-2011, 21:13
Oil? Aren't doughnuts cooked in oil?

http://static.home-ec101.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/doughnut-in-oil.jpg

Hhhhhhhmmmm doughnuts....

awpk03s
03-10-2011, 21:49
Dude that's crazy, I don't care how reputable the shop is or is supposed to be. Quoted 8 weeks for work and you're working on 28 weeks? I'd be p*ssed.
I agree with you, I know that quality work takes time, but to me honesty weighs above that - meaning if my refinish project is going to take 12 weeks, tell me 12, not 4 - and in your case, if your work is going to take 28 weeks (which by the way is CRAZY for the work you're having done) then they should quote the timeframe appropriately...

You've got more patience than me my friend - I'd have probably have drove over there by now.

glock2740
03-10-2011, 22:12
I remember a TRP getting worked over on this site by the same shop with a quick turnaround.

This one? :whistling:

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/OU1911/SACSTRP002.jpg

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/OU1911/SACSTRP011.jpg

:)

20South
03-10-2011, 22:34
That's just wrong

GJ1981
03-11-2011, 06:31
Dude that's crazy, I don't care how reputable the shop is or is supposed to be. Quoted 8 weeks for work and you're working on 28 weeks? I'd be p*ssed.

You've got more patience than me my friend - I'd have probably have drove over there by now.

I am pissed, there just isn't much I can do about it. The GI they built for me was quoted at 8 weeks and took 18-20...or more. If I had the time, I would make the 6+ hour drive.

I seriously think I've pissed them off, as strange as that sounds. I've only return pistols to them for their mistakes and demanded things be fix, maybe that was too much to ask :dunno:.

I'll sound like a broken record, but this entire ordeal has made things simple. They will NEVER get my business again and I will NEVER suggest them to anyone again.

This one? :whistling:

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/OU1911/SACSTRP002.jpg

One of many :faint:

Yours really struck a nerve since it took only what, 5-6 weeks?

faawrenchbndr
03-11-2011, 06:49
I think I would be chewing on someone's *** if I were in this situation!

GJ1981
03-11-2011, 08:47
:sigh:

I played it cool on my call, surprisingly. I was told it should be done next week but I've been told that twice now that is was almost done.

Three weeks ago I was told it was getting final assembly and today I was told they just got the slide back the other day. Conflicting stories :dunno:

No real acknowledgment of the wait besides "hmm, it has been that long."

:impatient:

knedrgr
03-11-2011, 09:12
poor communication, on their end, just makes things worse.

Hope it does get done for you, next week.

Wade-19
03-11-2011, 12:16
They screwed up my 9mm GI , but Chuck fixed it for me !

asiparks
03-11-2011, 13:16
Even if you've pissed them off, surely they realize how counterproductive it is to "punish" you. Your concerns with your custom pistols sound legitimate, so I would have thought that they'd want to send a message of " hey, look how we take care of our repeat customers" not " hey, look how we take care of our repeat customers".

GJ1981
03-11-2011, 14:22
They screwed up my 9mm GI , but Chuck fixed it for me !

I wish I had that option.

Even if you've pissed them off, surely they realize how counterproductive it is to "punish" you. Your concerns with your custom pistols sound legitimate, so I would have thought that they'd want to send a message of " hey, look how we take care of our repeat customers" not " hey, look how we take care of our repeat customers".

I don't think they really are, or would. I just think it's my luck shinning through.

I have read of cases in the past of them forgetting to put orders in their system and people waiting much longer than they should have. I think that's the case here, but I have no proof and even less desire to worry.

They have until the end of the month, at which time I'll tell them to charge me for what's done and send it back regardless if it's done or not.

GJ1981
03-16-2011, 17:16

I finally received a call that one of my pistols was done on Tuesday, to be shipped today, but not with my luck. I received a call today saying they wanted to test fire it to make sure everything is G2G. I'm lost on how it was ready to ship on Tuesday without being tested :headscratch:

The only good news, barring any new problems, is I should have it this Friday. SA didn't charge me for one service, but I'll see how that turns out; I have a feeling why they didn't charge.

Back to your regularly scheduled forum...

polizei1
03-16-2011, 18:40
Can't wait to see it!!!

thecableguy
03-16-2011, 19:07

I finally received a call that one of my pistols was done on Tuesday, to be shipped today, but not with my luck. I received a call today saying they wanted to test fire it to make sure everything is G2G. I'm lost on how it was ready to ship on Tuesday without being tested :headscratch:

The only good news, barring any new problems, is I should have it this Friday. SA didn't charge me for one service, but I'll see how that turns out; I have a feeling why they didn't charge.

Back to your regularly scheduled forum...
GJ I can't wait to hear how it turned out when you get it.