Lasermax Guiderod Reliability [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lasermax Guiderod Reliability

Farmalljon
03-12-2011, 21:13
I'm considering purchasing a Lasermax guiderod laser for my new G21. But I don't want to compromise the relibility of the gun at all. I'll be shooting primarily Winchester White Box and similar, but I will use Remington 185gr+p Golden Sabers when carrying. I'm looking for some input from people that have some high round counts on their glock 21 (or other model) that has a Lasermax guiderod laser installed. Anyone know of any issues that might devolop especially where the springs are different styles? Thanks in advance....

TSAX
03-12-2011, 21:19
Lost track of round count but have had the same LaserMax in my G26 since Sep 03.
This is a very reliable product.

BlutoBlutarsky
03-13-2011, 13:18
A good friend of mine had one and switched to Crimson Trace. His was always getting turned on, it two different holsters. We would be talking and look down and his dot would be shining on the ground by his foot.

RayB
03-13-2011, 17:22
We have LaserMax guide rod units in our 3rd Gen G19 and G21, and we've found them to be accurate, durable, and reliable.

Pay close attention to the smallest details when installing the components--this is a one-time deal.

The unit in my G21 does occasionally turn itself on when firing, but never fails to activate. This is NBD to me since I usually practice sans laser.

The first unit purchased for Judy's G19 was defective right out of the box, and exchanged with the retailer (MidwayUSA) immediately.

The second/current unit in Judy's G19 has been flawless...

Both units have thousands of rounds on them, using all manner of ammo, including +p.

There have been no slide cycling or operational issues...

You can pop in the OEM guide rod/recoil spring assembly for range practice.

Battery life is outstanding and customer service has been first-rate.

I've replaced battery caps and springs as a maintenance protocol, not because any component failed.

The (filthy-burning) WWB ammo will cloud the lens within 100 rounds or so. Cleaner burning cheap ammos (like CCI Blazer) and premium SD ammos allow for more rounds fired before clouding becomes an issue.

Clean up is easy with an appropriate lens cleaner, Q-tips, and a blast of canned air.

Great product in our experience, if a bit spendy... :thumbsup:

--Ray