This is much better than the BILLBOARD Wilson from last time... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : This is much better than the BILLBOARD Wilson from last time...

Hokie1911
03-14-2011, 11:31
Oh man this sure is purty....

http://blog.wilsoncombat.com/calibers/45-acp/all-new-exclusive-wilson-combat-professional-the-rdp-classic-for-rankin-arms/

thecableguy
03-14-2011, 11:41
I was just drooling over that on TOS. I emailed Joe last year about the the RDP and it was like 500 more than mine came out to be.

20South
03-14-2011, 11:45
I would carry it...:cool:

faawrenchbndr
03-14-2011, 11:48
Cool,.........I could get to like that!

asiparks
03-14-2011, 11:51
It's beautiful ! Would be even more so with a naked slide though....:whistling:

Nakanokalronin
03-14-2011, 11:52
Never cared for the Rising Sun grips they put on some of their models. It is nice looking though.

drc767
03-14-2011, 12:49
It's beautiful ! Would be even more so with a naked slide though....:whistling:

Then it would just be called a Professional Bobtail....I never understood the desire to put somebody else's last name on my pistol. Oh well......to each his own.

a45sArtwork
03-14-2011, 13:11
How much is that one now?

Hokie1911
03-14-2011, 13:16
Then it would just be called a Professional Bobtail....I never understood the desire to put somebody else's last name on my pistol. Oh well......to each his own.

Someone else's last name? You mean like Baer, Brown, Wilson? :tongueout:

So THAT is why you like Guncrafter so much. Because it's not a Zimmerman. :rofl:

asiparks
03-14-2011, 13:19

not so, it has the extra serrated goodies, plus the blued finish...but I agree, as Wilson will make what you want, I wouldn't buy one built to someone elses specs. (Unless they happily co-incided exactly with mine)

drc767
03-14-2011, 13:47
Someone else's last name? You mean like Baer, Brown, Wilson? :tongueout:

So THAT is why you like Guncrafter so much. Because it's not a Zimmerman. :rofl:

I generally even have my Wilson's done with naked slides except for the logo. I don't have a problem with Manufacturers putting their name on their pistol......but a distributor? Maybe I should debut a "DRC DEFENSIVE PROTECTOR CLASSIC PISTOL" line. Or.....I could just let the customers spec what they want......

drc767
03-14-2011, 13:49
not so, it has the extra serrated goodies, plus the blued finish...but I agree, as Wilson will make what you want, I wouldn't buy one built to someone elses specs. (Unless they happily co-incided exactly with mine)

All those options are available on any Professional. They are not exclusive options to the RDP.

20South
03-14-2011, 13:55
I generally even have my Wilson's done with naked slides except for the logo. I don't have a problem with Manufacturers putting their name on their pistol......but a distributor? Maybe I should debut a "DRC DEFENSIVE PROTECTOR CLASSIC PISTOL" line. Or.....I could just let the customers spec what they want......

Come on Dave - I'd be all over one of your DRCZ Named No Name Guncrafters!

:rofl:

Hokie1911
03-14-2011, 14:34
Come on Dave - I'd be all over one of your DRCZ Named No Name Guncrafters!

:rofl:

:animlol:

JRB75
03-14-2011, 17:20
At the end of the day, it truly is a beatiful piece. Joe is a great guy to deal who provides exceptional customer service. I have purchased 2 Wilsons from him in the past year.

Wilson was nice enough to spec him out a package at a discount to set his business apart from other dealers. They do the same for Jackson Armory. I am sure if someone wanted that pistol with a naked slide, he would be more then happy to put the order in.

thecableguy
03-14-2011, 17:51
At the end of the day, it truly is a beatiful piece. Agreed
Joe is a great guy to deal who provides exceptional customer service. No one said otherwise
I have purchased 2 Wilsons from him in the past year.

Wilson was nice enough to spec him out a package at a discount to set his business apart from other dealers. They do the same for Jackson Armory. I am sure if someone wanted that pistol with a naked slide, he would be more then happy to put the order in.
It is a really nice piece just not everyones cup of tea. And that is alright because as you mentioned JR and I am sure WC wouldn't mind making one any way you would want it.

drc767
03-14-2011, 19:49
At the end of the day, it truly is a beatiful piece. Joe is a great guy to deal who provides exceptional customer service. I have purchased 2 Wilsons from him in the past year.

You are right. Joe is top shelf.....I never said otherwise.

JRB75
03-14-2011, 20:33
You are right. Joe is top shelf.....I never said otherwise.

Please do not take it as I insinuated other wise. Just giving some history about the pistol. I had one on order when they first came out but changed my mind and went with a Supergrade instead. Like many other on here, I actually prefer my slides naked..

bac1023
03-14-2011, 21:56
That's very nice. :)