hurricanes52
03-14-2011, 18:52
delete please

TSAX
03-14-2011, 19:55
The Streamlight TLR-2s is about $230 to $265

alba666
03-14-2011, 21:29
Viridian has been good to me. Customer service is top notch. Sent my X5L back to get fixed. They didn't ask how old it was, just said send it back & we'll fix it free of charge. Even paid shipping both ways. Only delay was because I had to wait an extra few days because they had personnel at the SHOT show.

bentbiker
03-14-2011, 23:52
Are you aware of the Sights, Optics and Laser forum?
http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=125
There are a few threads on both Viridian and C5L. You don't say what gun it will go on, but there have been problems with the clamps for Glocks -- don't know whether the problems have been fixed. I agree that Viridian's CS is top notch.

RayB
03-17-2011, 04:28
I was wondering you opinions on what you guys would do. Im looking at the viridian c5l which is a green laser, 100 lumen light output. that would cost me 245 out to door. or i can go with the lasermax unimax and mount and surefire x300 under it, that combo would run me 320 out the door. honestly i have to practical use for a green laser other than the ''cool'' factor. im not a LEO/MIL so the advantages the green laser offers doesnt matter. again, i just want to know the quality of viridian since im not familiar with them, and also what to know what combo you would use. thanks

You don't say which make & model gun you're putting these gizmos on, so let me offer the following...

The last I checked, the LaserMax Uni-Max and Uni-Green had about the same exterior dimensions, and the SureFire X300 had about the same exterior dimensions as the X200A and X200B. The point being, I found that my Surefire X200s A&B would not lock up beneath my LaserMax Uni-Green on our G17, G19 and G21, as the lamp body is too long and runs into the forward curving trigger guard.

The curved rear contour of the SureFire X200 A&B (and probably the X300) that fits so nicely into the recurved portion of the Glock trigger guard--see pic attached--doesn't fit at all when stacked beneath the LaserMax Uni-Green (and probably the Uni-Max) on the Glock rail. The light can't be pushed back far enough to achieve lock-up.

My solution was to purchase an Insight XTI Procyon weapon light. This lamp's shorter body allows for lock-up beneath the LaserMax Uni-Green on any of our three Glocks.

As to the light and laser, I'm very pleased with both! :thumbsup:

--Ray

AaronZR2
03-17-2011, 17:39
The Surefire's output blows the C5L out of the water.

RayB
03-18-2011, 14:07
The Surefire's output blows the C5L out of the water.

The weapon light portion of the Viridian laser/light units have all been described as okay or adequate at best. Still, many Viridian owners find their units satisfactory.

The SureFire X300, Insight WX150 and Streamlight TLR-1 C4 will all outperform the Viridian weapon lights. This has to do with optics, aperture, and reflector size--not just point-source brightness. The Viridian light is smaller than the others mentioned.

--Ray

hurricanes52
03-19-2011, 17:24
The weapon light portion of the Viridian laser/light units have all been described as okay or adequate at best. Still, many Viridian owners find their units satisfactory.

The SureFire X300, Insight WX150 and Streamlight TLR-1 C4 will all outperform the Viridian weapon lights. This has to do with optics, aperture, and reflector size--not just point-source brightness. The Viridian light is smaller than the others mentioned.

--Ray
will the tlr-1 (with strobing) fit under a lasermax unixmax mounted on g23

RayB
03-20-2011, 05:08
will the tlr-1 (with strobing) fit under a lasermax unixmax mounted on g23

If memory serves, yes. Again, if memory serves, the lamp body needs to be about 1/4-inch shorter than the SureFire's, to lock-up on the Glock rail beneath a LaserMax Uni-Max or Uni-Green...

Here's (attached) my G21 with LaserMax LMS-UNI-G (Uni-Green) and Insight XTI Procyon weapon light. The Procyon has since been upgraded and replaced by the even brighter WX150...

Also attached is a performance pic of the Insight XTI Procyon Vs the SureFire X200B. As you can see, the Insight gives the SureFire a real run for its money performance-wise--at $100.00 less!

Note: The SureFire X200A (spot beam) and X200B (flood beam) weapon lights were replaced with the SureFire X300, which offers a combined performance in one weapon light model.

--Ray