Glock Service [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Service

myanof
03-15-2011, 18:34
I have never owned a Glock so this question is designed to get an honest answer about the quality of Glock service.

The reason I ask this questions is that I am considering a Mod 36, and have heard from many that this particular model is not as stable as other Glocks. I'm not concerned at this point if you have had good or bad lick with a Mod 36, but rather if I buy one, and it is not perfectly reliable, does Glock have a good reputation of taking care of customers with issues? In other words, will Glock make an unreliable product right in a timely fashion?

I would love to hear from some G36 customers who have been through this process with their personal guns.

Thanks

DWARREN123
03-15-2011, 21:49
I have used them once and am completely happy with the outcome. They were great folks to deal with.
Just my exprience.

cciman
03-15-2011, 21:51
I think their service is pretty good. I do not own a G36.

You might want to post this in the general glocking section.

DannyR
03-16-2011, 08:17
Glock has the best customer service in the industry. Most G36 problems develop when owners install extended magazine bases or shoot reloads.

burnsoft
03-17-2011, 20:05
I think they are the best service that I have use yet. Two years ago I bought a use g22 Gen1, and when i got it home to clean it 1 of the slide guides were busted. I called up glock to see if they would help and they told me to send it in, gave me a number and told me that it is under warrenty and all I would have to do is pay for the shipping. A month later I got it back from them with a new Gen2 reciever with a new trigger, they replaced the ejector, firing pin and springs in the slide.

cciman
03-17-2011, 20:41
If you send them your mags, with the gun, you will get new ones back.:cool:

Arc Angel
03-17-2011, 20:52
Glock has the best customer service in the industry. Most G36 problems develop when owners install extended magazine bases or shoot reloads.

Gee, do you really think so? That's not what they say on the other internet gun forums - Only on this one. And, (You knew there was going to be an, 'and' - Right!) this comment is the very first time in 8 years on anybody's gun forum that I have ever seen anyone make that remark. (Evan and Dean would fall off their chairs laughing!) Usually, the story is a little different; and all the more different among long time Glock owners.

My own personal experiences with Glock, Smyrna may be summed up in one short statement: "If I had to rely upon Glock Tech Support in order to keep my Glock pistols up and running I would, undoubtedly, be shooting SIG's or H&K's today."

I didn't become a demonstrably competent Glock Armorer because I wanted to. I became good at fixing Glocks because I was forced to learned what makes Glocks tick.

'Why'?

BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO EAT THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE FIRST TWO PROBLEM GLOCKS I PICKED UP; AND, I'VE GOT TOO MUCH OF AN ACTIVE PERSONAL CONSCIENCE TO DELIBERATELY STICK SOMEONE ELSE WITH A PROBLEM PISTOL - THAT'S, 'WHY'!

'Best customer service in the industry'? Man, that's rich!

:wow:

HotRoderX
03-17-2011, 21:12
I had issues with my G17 gen 4 it was the standard spring issue. One call to Glock and I had a new spring on its way. Only questions asked was serial number and address... They where super friendly and even answered some questions on ammo I had. I also looked on line and 99% of people (not just this website) said Glock customer service is industry leading. I gotta agree with them on that. I have heard the same thing about Ruger but never had to deal with them. Good luck on your Purchase thought regardless of if you go with a Glock or not.

Arc Angel
03-17-2011, 22:36
Here, this is after a long 30 second search on Google -

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&rlz=1R2ADSA_enUS397&q=Glock%2C+Poor+Customer+Service&rlz=1R2ADSA_enUS397&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=6b08790fb43c8af4

You decide! Me? In some 50 odd years of doing this I've never had a single argument with: Strum-Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Browning, or Arsenal, Inc.

My own choice for, 'best customer service in the industry'? Well, it's a pretty tight race between Smith & Wesson, and Strum-Ruger. (FN seems to be holding their own too, but Glock, Inc? I don't think so.)

HotRoderX
03-18-2011, 00:42
That really does not prove much if anything.... You can do a search for bad customer service. 2 of the first 5 search results where for Sig.....

Arc Angel
03-18-2011, 02:41
That really does not prove much if anything.... You can do a search for bad customer service. 2 of the first 5 search results where for Sig.....

Well, yes, if you ignore the other 25 + pages of complaints I suppose you're right. I'm not going to argue obvious historical facts with you. If you want to insist that Glock customer service is the best, go ahead. Who cares? Ain't my problem. I already know how to fix my own Glocks.

Dave.1
03-18-2011, 07:04
I have to agree with Arc Angel on Glock repair.

When I was shopping around for my first auto pistol I went on line and did searches on who was fixing what and Glock won as the most easily repaired by the owner of the pistol. Kind of like old VWs. Easy to get parts and easy to install them yourself. Not looking for anything fancy, just something that's reliable.

The only time I've had to deal with customer service was S&W and once I got thru they were great. I've heard the same about Glock.

Dave

cciman
03-18-2011, 16:38
I work in a service industry.

No matter how good you are, there is always someone unhappy, and or the result is not always perfect.... not every consumer is pleasable.

Yes, GLOCK is the simplest gun on the market to work on yourself, and anyone can join GSSF and attend the class, and there is plenty of web resources on the web.. . So "certified Glock armorers" are a dime a dozen.

Overall, to the OP, you have minimal chance of having issues, and should feel confident in owning the Glock. It is not the end of the road-- if you don't like, just sell it and get another....no biggie.