Suggest fiber optic sights for G19 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Suggest fiber optic sights for G19

SgtRambo
03-16-2011, 09:52
Im looking to set up my gen 3 with a fiber optic front and all black rear. Does anyone have suggestions i.e. Brand, heights, width? I see Ameriglo offers individual pieces that I can combine, but I am unsure which heights and widths work well together. Thanks for the help!

RayB
03-17-2011, 04:45
I've got that set up on my 3rd Gen G17 with a Dawson Precision fully adjustable, matte-black serrated rear sight, and a Dawson Precision fiber optic, serrated front sight.

My G17's primarily a target pistol, so I wasn't overly picky about sight profiles...

Why not peruse their website?

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/Home.jsp?refresh=true

--Ray

P.S. Quality and customer service are first-rate! :thumbsup:

sciolist
03-17-2011, 08:47
Sevigny competition rear, paired with either .245, .215 or .205 front. The Warren fronts are .115 wide. The .205 Dawson is .105 wide. As stated, check Dawson's site.

W4CNG
03-17-2011, 13:10
I have Dawson and Ameriglo on two Glocks. Both have Glock adjustable sights on the rear. They both work well and I recommend both. The Ameriglo pipe is a little larger than the Dawson.

RayB
03-18-2011, 15:36
Consider the "bulbed" fiber optic replacement rods (see DP website)... Long before these were available, I found that with the careful application of heat, I could "spin" a Big Dot (see attached) for my front fiber optic sight. :thumbsup:

Here's (see attached) my trusty G17 with the previously described Dawson Precision sight set-up... This gun has some 14,000 rounds on it, and hasn't hiccupped once! Everything in life should work so well! :hearts:

--Ray

denn1911
03-20-2011, 23:10
I have black Warren's in the rear with Dawson's red fiber optic front on a few of mine. It's a nice set up.

philb81b
03-24-2011, 19:12
Hi i just got my Gen4 G22 and the first thing i did was to change out the front site to the Hiviz sites. You can order the kit which comes with 2 of every color, actully you get 3 red tubes, 2 green tubes, 1 white tube, plus the tool to change them and a handy carring case for your key chain for the extras. I did not change the rear, and i must say, that with the red site i have no problem getting sited in a hurry. The whole kit cost me around $35.00 and i changed the front myself.

nfrangip
03-24-2011, 19:32
I put the Heinie +50 setup on my g35. It's a Dawson Precision FO front with a Heinie Slantpro QUIK REAR. I shot them the weekend before last and they were real easy to pick up. Really improved my accuracy shooting USPSA, I recommend them highly.

http://www.heinie.com/product_info.php?cPath=9_11&products_id=101

ChrisJn
03-24-2011, 19:48
Hi i just got my Gen4 G22 and the first thing i did was to change out the front site to the Hiviz sites. You can order the kit which comes with 2 of every color, actully you get 3 red tubes, 2 green tubes, 1 white tube, plus the tool to change them and a handy carring case for your key chain for the extras. I did not change the rear, and i must say, that with the red site i have no problem getting sited in a hurry. The whole kit cost me around $35.00 and i changed the front myself.

+1 on Hi-Viz. I have them front and rear on my G35.