Smith and Wesson SW40VE trigger pull [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Smith and Wesson SW40VE trigger pull

Huber
03-16-2011, 12:08
So my Dad has a Smith and Wesson SW40VE and he doesn't like how heavy of a trigger pull it has. I know Glocks are relatively simple to change does anyone know about his model? Maybe a video how to or post

I have looked over YouTube a few weeks back and didn't find anything which is suprising cause a lot of people don't like the heavy pull it has.

Any help is appreciated

cciman
03-16-2011, 15:41
Actually there are several web links and video tutorials discussing how to lighten the Sigma trigger pull. Keep searching.

You need to remove 1 or 2 springs in the trigger connector. Not as easy to work on as the Glock, but do-able. I've done it, and it makes some difference.

Good luck.

cciman
03-16-2011, 16:55
Now I remember, it is 2 springs. There is is a write up, how to, with pictures.

Avoid cutting any spring, as some would suggest.

Camu Mahubah
03-16-2011, 16:59
The Sigma trigger was designed so that if your enemy was shooting at you with a 10mm and happened to hit your trigger with a 10mm round that it would not go off...

Sorry...I dry-fired a Sigma in .40 once...just once!

If I owned one I would leave it alone and get used to it. Yah they are pretty bad but I bet they are still accurate enough even with the trigger for HD.

Huber
03-16-2011, 18:24
Thanks for the info cci

ya he shoots dead on with it but when he wants something he gets it lol so he would like it to be less