Jackson Armory [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Armory

thecableguy
03-16-2011, 18:47
I had the day off today so I decided to go to one of WC largest retailers.(at least here in TX). Man I thought I died and went to heaven. At least 25 Wilsons in stock. Probably half that in Nighthawk inventory. A couple of Browns and 1 Les Baer Stinger. Wow is all I can say about that. The Wilsons with the Turnbull blueing are beautiful. Pictures don't do that blueing any justice. You really have to see that in person to truly appreciate it. They had a Nighthawk double stack. Very very nice. Serial #002. I must say that I was very impressed with Nighthawk. They make some really nice 1911s. The T3 with HC slide and black frame was impressive, but the Talon II is what really cought my eye. Fondled the Ed Brown KC also. The snakeskin checkering is nicely done and provide a nice grip. I think it grips a lot more than regular cocking serrations. I will have one of those one day. Oh and Luger galore. They had a bunch of Lugers, a couple of Remmington Rand 1911s, a bunch of Hi-Powers. Anyone in the DFW should really go check them out if for nothing more than to fondle some really nice stuff.:supergrin:
To give you an idea of what they carry here is a link to their GB listings.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=584129

Ps for the guy that drove 7hrs for the SIS they have one in stock. I think it was a compact model. 700 or 800 don't really remember.

airflyer
03-16-2011, 19:18
Going in spring with friend to run around Dallas and spend money, will have to throw it on list .Have not been there in a long time

rsxr22
03-16-2011, 19:28
i have heard a lot of great things about their shop, but sadly never been there. Hopefully the added income from the indoor range my store is building, we will be able to get to their status some day. I wont be there to see it, but it would be awesome to come home and visit and go to my LGS and see it filled with custom 1911's.

SMOKEin
03-16-2011, 20:02
Great staff at that place too.

Hokie1911
03-16-2011, 20:04
i have heard a lot of great things about their shop, but sadly never been there. Hopefully the added income from the indoor range my store is building, we will be able to get to their status some day. I wont be there to see it, but it would be awesome to come home and visit and go to my LGS and see it filled with custom 1911's.

Probably not since you're in Youngstucky. :rofl:

thecableguy
03-16-2011, 20:11
Great staff at that place too.

Yes they are a bunch of great guys. Airflyer if you are in the area you should definatley make it a point to stop by there.

bac1023
03-16-2011, 20:12
Very cool.

I'd like to see it. :)

airflyer
03-16-2011, 20:15
Yeah I will we have plenty of time in town other than going stripper fishing at texoma and going to old haunts, use to live there for 17 years it's fun to come back and goof around

svtpwnz
03-17-2011, 06:26
I purchased my last WC CQB from them not long ago. One hell of a selection of Wilson's in their inventory, that's for sure!

rsxr22
03-17-2011, 07:18
Probably not since you're in Youngstucky. :rofl:

LOL I have to admit you have had better punch lines then that one!!! Can you explain the meaning of "Youngstucky" and please use it in a sentence?

There are people with money in my area. It surprises me sometimes what people own around my area. And the funny thing is none of them are active on any forums.

Hokie1911
03-17-2011, 07:22
LOL I have to admit you have had better punch lines then that one!!! Can you explain the meaning of "Youngstucky" and please use it in a sentence?

There are people with money in my area. It surprises me sometimes what people own around my area. And the funny thing is none of them are active on any forums.

Are you referring to people outside organized crime? :rofl:

knedrgr
03-17-2011, 09:06
Very cool.

I'd like to see it. :)

And then say..."I have that one, and that one, and that one, oh, and that one...well, *****, I have the whole store in my gun room..."

R0CKETMAN
03-17-2011, 10:23
They have a $39,500 rifle for sale. WOW!

PlasticGuy
03-17-2011, 18:02
Nighthawk is cool, but I've been lusting after their Wilson Minuteman for months. Good luck!

thecableguy
03-17-2011, 18:17
Nighthawk is cool, but I've been lusting after their Wilson Minuteman for months. Good luck!

They had 2 in stock and a Patriot. The Minuteman is NICE.

AC45ACP
03-17-2011, 20:46
I went in there about 4 months ago and spent over 3hrs in there and didn't come close to seeing all the inventory!!
They have any of the flavors you could want! Like the Old Penthouse Club..

thecableguy
03-17-2011, 21:04
I went in there about 4 months ago and spent over 3hrs in there and didn't come close to seeing all the inventory!!
They have any of the flavors you could want! Like the Old Penthouse Club..

The funny thing is that this place is a little larger than Cabelas gun room. It's small but it's packed wall to wall with nothing but some of the best firearms I have ever seen.