Why carry with a round in the chamber... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why carry with a round in the chamber...

Quack
03-16-2011, 20:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syxrpLbaEuY

glock2740
03-16-2011, 20:59
Very good video Quack.

Hokie1911
03-16-2011, 21:22
Condition1 FTW.

cole
03-16-2011, 21:41
Illustrative video. Seems odd anyone needs to see it to understand the concept. Buy the gun you feel comfortable chambered. Period.

quantico
03-16-2011, 21:43
Are those the only video chunks she is in? In any case I was always a believer, that is just more evidence. She could have had two more seconds if she started screaming about the wasp on his head while drawing.

Quack
03-16-2011, 21:44
Illustrative video. Seems odd anyone needs to see it to understand the concept. Buy the gun you feel comfortable chambered. Period.

yep, but there are some out there that carry with an empty chamber and say that they can chamber a round fairly quickly, this video shows otherwise.

Quack
03-16-2011, 21:45
Are those the only video chunks she is in? In any case I was always a believer, that is just more evidence. She could have had two more seconds if she started screaming about the wasp on his head while drawing.

???

She's on the forum, but i can't think of her screen name.

Edit: her screen name is lima.

now if my logic is correct, i think she is from/lives in Lima, OH, since she is good friends with an Instructor @ TDI (which is also in Ohio)

cole
03-16-2011, 21:49
yep, but there are some out there that carry with an empty chamber and say that they can chamber a round fairly quickly, this video shows otherwise.

Agreed. And, IMO, those are the same people that think the defensive encounters they imagine are the only ones they'll encouter.

Cerebrus
03-16-2011, 21:50
Anything within 20 ft is waaay too close....

cole
03-16-2011, 22:00
Anything within 20 ft is waaay too close....

Definately. I remember it this way: 21<1.2. That's 21 feet closure in less than 1.2 seconds from stationary. And, coincidentally, 1.2 seconds is on the fast end of reaction time. Discussion (http://www.ar15.com/content/swat/200403-21_FT_Rule.pdf).

Cobra64
03-16-2011, 22:30
Definately. I remember it this way: 21<1.2. That's 21 feet closure in less than 1.2 seconds from stationary. And, coincidentally, 1.2 seconds is on the fast end of reaction time. Discussion (http://www.ar15.com/content/swat/200403-21_FT_Rule.pdf).

Ah, you know about Dennis Tueller. :)

faawrenchbndr
03-17-2011, 04:21
I still can not understand why she let a guy in a hockey mask that close to her?! :dunno:

I mean dang,.......everyone ran from Jason, she didn't even scream when she saw him!

TSAX
03-17-2011, 04:24
Excellent video

pnutcar
03-17-2011, 04:27
For a very new shooter/carrier, this is pretty powerful. Right now I carry a 17+0, just to get used to it, but cocked and locked while in the glove box.

j-glock22
03-17-2011, 04:52
Thats a real eye opener.....

drc767
03-17-2011, 05:55
And it looks like she knows what she is doing, too. Think of how much worse it would be for somebody that has no training in drawing their weapon under stress.

carloglock19
03-17-2011, 06:24
I haven't seen that video! That does make you think how quick things can go in a bad situation!

BuckyP
03-17-2011, 06:36

This. Some people get so married to a brand (GLOCK) or type of gun (1911) that they can't see past this. If you are not comfortable carrying either of these in their quickest safe method of deployment, then it's time to move on to a true DA (hammer fully down) auto or a revolver.
$.02

Ruble Noon
03-17-2011, 06:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syxrpLbaEuY

Someone should post this in the Carry Issues forum. Could be an epic thread with all of the Israeli carry proponents in there.

svtpwnz
03-17-2011, 06:39
I haven't seen that video! That does make you think how quick things can go in a bad situation!
+1 SHTF really fast for sure!:wow:

carloglock19
03-17-2011, 06:43
Someone should post this in the Carry Issues forum. Could be an epic thread with all of the Israeli carry proponents in there.

That's a good idea! I don't know how many times that topic comes up and you always have the guy that says "I don't need one in the chamber I can use my martial arts to protect myself" or "I can chamber a round really fast"!

Ruble Noon
03-17-2011, 06:57
That's a good idea! I don't know how many times that topic comes up and you always have the guy that says "I don't need one in the chamber I can use my martial arts to protect myself" or "I can chamber a round really fast"!

Yeah, I have conversed with the guy that assures me that he can draw his gun and chamber a round with one hand while fending off an attacker with the other.

Captain Caveman
03-17-2011, 07:45

Just went through weapons and tactics recert two weeks ago. The new standard is 35ft.

Beware Owner
03-17-2011, 07:52
That close and it's time to get real nervous real quick.

TKR Reptiles
03-17-2011, 08:36
Let me start by saying I 100% believe you should carry with one in the chamber. A unloaded gun is a useless gun.

BUT! That video is kind of, well... Let's just say "inaccurate" a little bit to be nice. "I can not draw until presented with a clear threat". If there someone coming at you with his hand under his shirt, that is a threat. Especially if you are a woman (no sexism meant). You should have already had your gun drawn, and the second he made a step toward you he should have been put on the ground with brain matter beside him. If there is someone within 21 feet of you acting aggressive toward you and making you feel uncomfortable or threatened, draw your firearm and tell them if they don't want it to go off, they need to step the F back.

lawdog734
03-17-2011, 08:45
Let me start by saying I 100% believe you should carry with one in the chamber. A unloaded gun is a useless gun.

BUT! That video is kind of, well... Let's just say "inaccurate" a little bit to be nice. "I can not draw until presented with a clear threat". If there someone coming at you with his hand under his shirt, that is a threat. Especially if you are a woman (no sexism meant). You should have already had your gun drawn, and the second he made a step toward you he should have been put on the ground with brain matter beside him. If there is someone within 21 feet of you acting aggressive toward you and making you feel uncomfortable or threatened, draw your firearm and tell them if they don't want it to go off, they need to step the F back.
I gotta disagree, a lot of teenagers run around here with hoodies on and their hands in their pockets....

TKR Reptiles
03-17-2011, 08:50
I gotta disagree, a lot of teenagers run around here with hoodies on and their hands in their pockets....

Welcome to America, they do that everywhere. BUT those teenagers in hoodies with their hands in their pockets don't try and run up on you, and act aggressive or malicious towards you, nor do they try to back you in a corner.

GeorgiaRedfish
03-17-2011, 08:52
I carry with two in the chamber.

BuckyP
03-17-2011, 08:59
I carry with two in the chamber.

http://crow202.org/2009/38_derringer.jpg

TKR Reptiles
03-17-2011, 09:00
http://crow202.org/2009/38_derringer.jpg

I need one of those in .357 or .44 :supergrin:

TKR Reptiles
03-17-2011, 09:17

Welcome to America, they do that everywhere. BUT those teenagers in hoodies with their hands in their pockets don't try and run up on you, and act aggressive or malicious towards you, nor do they try to back you in a corner.

I do wanna make something clear tho. I am not saying you should go around pointing a gun at anyone that looks suspicious. I was simply saying that in that situation, her gun should have already been out and pointed in his direction.

KennyFSU
03-17-2011, 09:25
GREAT video, I sent it to everyone I know that CCs. Thanks.

Quack
03-17-2011, 09:41
Again, the video wasn't about tactics, it was to show that if an encounter happens, carrying on an empty chamber is less that ideal.

TKR Reptiles
03-17-2011, 10:10
Again, the video wasn't about tactics, it was to show that if an encounter happens, carrying on an empty chamber is less that ideal.

Agreed, definitely less that ideal.

R0CKETMAN
03-17-2011, 10:18
???

She's on the forum, but i can't think of her screen name.

Edit: her screen name is lima.

now if my logic is correct, i think she is from/lives in Lima, OH, since she is good friends with an Instructor @ TDI (which is also in Ohio)
stalker

I still can not understand why she let a guy in a hockey mask that close to her?! :dunno:

I mean dang,.......everyone ran from Jason, she didn't even scream when she saw him!
she knew it was a paintball mask, so she stayed in yellow.

BUT! That video is kind of, well... Let's just say "inaccurate" a little bit to be nice. "I can not draw until presented with a clear threat". If there someone coming at you with his hand under his shirt, that is a threat. Especially if you are a woman (no sexism meant). You should have already had your gun drawn,

Your scenerio would be considered brandishing and illegal.

TKR Reptiles
03-17-2011, 10:27
stalker

she knew it was a paintball mask, so she stayed in yellow.

Your scenerio would be considered brandishing and illegal.

I don't know what state you live in, but here it definitely wouldn't. If someone is coming at you in that type of manner with their hands hidden and are acting in an aggressive manner, you have a right to defend yourself. All you have to say is "I felt my life was in danger". Simple enough. No police officer in the world world would or should question that. At least not a good cop anyway. I know I wouldn't have when I was a Deputy.

MD357
03-17-2011, 10:45
Just curious as to who here has actually taken a close quarters course with their 1911. If you haven't.... quit collecting 1911s and get some training.

Nakanokalronin
03-17-2011, 10:48
I saw that video when she first posted it on her channel last year. It could of been a little more in depth like longer distances since it would still show an empty chamber is useless. The people that don't carry chambered will probably state that they would never let someone get that close or some BS like that. The only reason someone does not carry a round in the chamber is because they think a gun will go off by itself, they don't trust themselves to keep their finger off the trigger or they don't have enough experience carrying a firearm.

Nobody can predict what your other hand will be doing when a situation happens like opening a door, pushing someone away or some other task leaving you with one hand to manipulate your carry gun. I've been saying it for years but people on forums that carry with an empty chamber fight tooth and nail to come up with any excuse they can think of when in reality its just their own fear. I think every forum has a group of condition 3 users that stick together like glue, including this one. Those people must of taken the blue pill since they wake up in their beds and believe whatever they want to believe.

http://a3.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/134/7c9618778a3d478291cbd0d105a5c2aa/l.jpg

TKR Reptiles
03-17-2011, 10:53
Just curious as to who here has actually taken a close quarters course with their 1911. If you haven't.... quit collecting 1911s and get some training.

Pretty solid advice right there... I also recommend taking a night fire course as well, since chances are if you are ever attacked it will be at night or in a very low lit environment.

drc767
03-17-2011, 10:55
Pretty solid advice right there... I also recommend taking a night fire course as well, since chances are if you are ever attacked it will be at night or in a very low lit environment.

That is why I wear NVG's whenever I leave my house at night.....:rofl:

Hokie1911
03-17-2011, 10:57
That is why I wear NVG's whenever I leave my house at night.....:rofl:

I wear these when I leave the house, because I never know when I will need to roundhouse kick someone in the face.

http://www.denimology.com/2006/09/cn1.jpg

Hokie1911
03-17-2011, 10:59

What do you know? No wait.....you do this for a living. :rofl:

bobtail1911
03-17-2011, 11:53
I wear these when I leave the house, because I never know when I will need to roundhouse kick someone in the face.

http://www.denimology.com/2006/09/cn1.jpg

If you fire at Chuck Norris, he doesn't get shot...the bullet gets Chuck Norris'ed. (That's a real verb, look it up)

Hokie1911
03-17-2011, 11:57
If you fire at Chuck Norris, he doesn't get shot...the bullet gets Chuck Norris'ed. (That's a real verb, look it up)

Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

TKR Reptiles
03-17-2011, 11:59
Chuck Norris can sneeze with his eyes open.

TKR Reptiles
03-17-2011, 12:00
Whenever the boogie man goes to sleep, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris.

bobtail1911
03-17-2011, 12:01
Superman wears Chuck Norris PJ's.

wrenrj1
03-17-2011, 12:05
Chuck Norris=Condition 1.

ithaca_deerslayer
03-17-2011, 12:10
Very good video.

ithaca_deerslayer
03-17-2011, 12:49

While the video illustrates nicely some of the difficulties involved, a person who is dedicated to unchambered may have drawn differently. She had her racking hand otherwise occupied. Again, I'm saying the video nicely illustrates the issue, but there are other ways someone unchambered could have responded.

I carry chambered and believe that is better for me, currently. Unchambered is far from carrying a rock. I have carried unchambered when my son was younger. Now he's had some firearm training and I'm comfortable carrying chambered again.

There are many scenarios to think about, and the kind in that video are but one :)

Still, again, it is a very good video, nicely illustrating that sort of scenario.

knedrgr
03-17-2011, 12:57
two in the pink, one in the stink...

ithaca_deerslayer
03-17-2011, 13:03

This I agree 100% with.

TKR Reptiles
03-17-2011, 13:10
While the video illustrates nicely some of the difficulties involved, a person who is dedicated to unchambered may have drawn differently. She had her racking hand otherwise occupied. Again, I'm saying the video nicely illustrates the issue, but there are other ways someone unchambered could have responded.

I carry chambered and believe that is better for me, currently. Unchambered is far from carrying a rock. I have carried unchambered when my son was younger. Now he's had some firearm training and I'm comfortable carrying chambered again.

There are many scenarios to think about, and the kind in that video are but one :)

Still, again, it is a very good video, nicely illustrating that sort of scenario.

I agree. One of my Sgt's when I went through training at the Sheriff's Office carried unchambered. He was trained that way at the PD he worked for previously and was there for over 15 years. He could draw and chamber a round (he did it at the same time. You almost couldn't even see him chamber a round) and aim and fire faster than 99% of the people there could draw aim and fire. It isn't the best scenario I am sure for a SHTF instance, but if you train yourself to do it you can be efficient. I personally have never, and will never carry unchambered.

ithaca_deerslayer
03-17-2011, 13:13
I've been saying it for years but people on forums that carry with an empty chamber fight tooth and nail to come up with any excuse they can think of when in reality its just their own fear.

Yeah, fear that a kid would get my gun and pull the trigger. So, you are correct, fear. And the reason you carry chambered is also fear. Fear that a bad guy will kill you.

What any individual gets to do is weigh the pluses and minuses in their OWN risk assessment.

The inevitable will happen that you will wonder how a kid could possibly get my gun. Ok. We are carrying 24/7 aren't we? If not, then your chambered gun is just rock in your safe. (A little sarcasm there, :))

365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Lots of stuff can happen. All the time keeping a chambered gun on you. Skiing, horseback riding, biking, walking, stairs, etc. Heart attacks, strokes, flu, etc. Playing, rough housing, etc. Lots of opportunities for someone to find themselves unconscious.

Oh, wait, you are an adult alone with kids? What happens if you are unconscious? Many may not agree with me, and that's fine, but my fear was that a chambered gun is more likely to have a child make it go BOOM than an unchambered gun. That was a key part of my risk assessment.

Not saying a kid can't chamber a round, but again you've got to assess the various risks and draw a conclusion. :)

bobtail1911
03-17-2011, 13:17
What is the big selling point for carrying without a round chambered? Is it safety? I don't understand how that can be a concern though...if your not depressing the grip safety and the thumb safety is engaged, how could that be unsafe? Anyway, you can never know what possible situation may occur and what the circumstances may be, but if you ever have to defend yourself or your loved ones, the less you have to do in that situation the better. Who knows, maybe you'll need your other arm to keep someone at bay or to do who knows what...My point is you never know. Less is more in this situation.

bobtail1911
03-17-2011, 13:28
That's my opinion while your carying anyway. When your not carrying, my rules may change a bit depending on the situation of course.

Beware Owner
03-17-2011, 13:31
I have no idea why in the world someone would not carry with one in the chamber, other than they're worried that their gun would be taken from them before they have a chance to use it. However, if this is the case, the person shouldn't be carrying in the first place.

svtpwnz
03-17-2011, 14:32
Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Thats right! Chuck Norris does not go hunting, as that would mean that there is a chance of failure. He goes KILLING!!

Nakanokalronin
03-17-2011, 16:01
Yeah, fear that a kid would get my gun and pull the trigger. So, you are correct, fear. And the reason you carry chambered is also fear. Fear that a bad guy will kill you.

What any individual gets to do is weigh the pluses and minuses in their OWN risk assessment.

The inevitable will happen that you will wonder how a kid could possibly get my gun. Ok. We are carrying 24/7 aren't we? If not, then your chambered gun is just rock in your safe. (A little sarcasm there, :))

365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Lots of stuff can happen. All the time keeping a chambered gun on you. Skiing, horseback riding, biking, walking, stairs, etc. Heart attacks, strokes, flu, etc. Playing, rough housing, etc. Lots of opportunities for someone to find themselves unconscious.

Oh, wait, you are an adult alone with kids? What happens if you are unconscious? Many may not agree with me, and that's fine, but my fear was that a chambered gun is more likely to have a child make it go BOOM than an unchambered gun. That was a key part of my risk assessment.

Not saying a kid can't chamber a round, but again you've got to assess the various risks and draw a conclusion. :)

Thats what safes are for. Get a small electronic, bio or key safe just for your carry gun. You put it in when you get home or goto sleep every day. Make it a routine. I carry a gun chambered to be prepared in case one hand is not available plus its faster to get on target and get a shot off, we ALL carry a gun incase something happens.

ithaca_deerslayer
03-18-2011, 07:50
Thats what safes are for. Get a small electronic, bio or key safe just for your carry gun. You put it in when you get home or goto sleep every day. Make it a routine. I carry a gun chambered to be prepared in case one hand is not available plus its faster to get on target and get a shot off, we ALL carry a gun incase something happens.

What I don't understand is how so many people think an unchambered gun is useless, yet a gun in the safe is ready to go. (Not saying you have those views, just pointing them out).

I'd rather have a gun on me than in a safe. I can draw and rack a round much faster than I can get to a safe.

And what is more likely to happen to me: finding myself unconscious or being attacked by a bad guy? And by unconscious, I mean you are walking around alert one moment, and the next you are down and out.

The odds of either a slim. The odds of one are slimmer than the other :)

And I do have safes. Even quick access electronic.

Bob469
03-18-2011, 10:22
I dunno have you not seen those bedside bio safe's ? slap ur hand on top and the lid pops open... and theres ur chambered gun... faster than drawing racking regripping and then aiming...

Theres always those hide-a-way picture frames too... for the kiddie problem...

sexybeast
03-18-2011, 10:51
Here is another video of knife vs gun - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0kI9-bD5Bo

Too bad these guys weren't used in that bus hostage situation where several tourists died.

ithaca_deerslayer
03-18-2011, 11:08
I dunno have you not seen those bedside bio safe's ? slap ur hand on top and the lid pops open... and theres ur chambered gun... faster than drawing racking regripping and then aiming...

Theres always those hide-a-way picture frames too... for the kiddie problem...

You are not always next to a safe. Instead, in my opinion, the gun should be on your person wherever you go. Sure the bedside safe is fine for when you sleep there, but otherwse the gun should be on you.

Whenever I have these conversations, I'm not sure if most people really carry 24/7/52/365. There's lots of stuff that happens in the course of a year. Is the gun on you or not? Sure while actually sleeping the gun might be off your body, but still within reach. But get up to go potty, where's the gun? Taking it with you or not? Kid is screaming with the flu, and you go to his rescue. Where's the gun? Take it with you or not? Go visit relatives, and sleep there. Where's the gun? With you or not? Rough house with kids rolling around all over you, where's the gun? With you or not?

I'm not even saying unchambered is the way to go. I just saying someone could evaluate their own circumstance and decide that unchambered is best for them.
:)

Bob469
03-18-2011, 11:54
I hear your arguement... But my gun is always chambered and on me, next to me, or in my hand ( shower, toilet, snack, etc. ) but I have no kids around...

My question is if its always ON you... why does it need to be unchambered ? I saw u said heart attack or something but i think that may be the only type of arguement... Perhaps the only time u take ur gun off is the couch and bed ? Therefore 2 safes necessary for those 2 places and its ON your person all the time otherwise...

jimbullet
03-18-2011, 12:17
My two cents worth...

Personal preference is to carry with a round in the chamber. The only reason that I could think of NOT placing a round in the chamber is if I am not confident enough or worried that the gun may accidentally go off when not intended.

ithaca_deerslayer
03-18-2011, 12:29
I hear your arguement... But my gun is always chambered and on me, next to me, or in my hand ( shower, toilet, snack, etc. ) but I have no kids around...

My question is if its always ON you... why does it need to be unchambered ? I saw u said heart attack or something but i think that may be the only type of arguement... Perhaps the only time u take ur gun off is the couch and bed ? Therefore 2 safes necessary for those 2 places and its ON your person all the time otherwise...

Right, I think we are in agreement.

By yourself without a kid, chambered is hard to argue against. But others may have other concerns.

But add a kid, and then some what if scenarios pop into your head. Falling down unconscious is common enough, from a variety of causes. If no kid, then you might never think of something like that. Add a kid that you are responsible for, add a chambered gun, look into the crystal ball and wonder if something could happen to you, cause you to lose unconsciousness. leaving you and a chambered gun in the kid's care.

Maybe it's a crazy concern. Maybe you wouldn't have that concern even if you had a kid. That's fine. I'm only trying to say there are other considerations than just what happens when a bad guy is attacking you. There are all the other days of the year, with other stuff going in your life. And sometimes you are not even at your own house.

One could logically conclude that unchambered is better, for them, in those situations.

Not every carry situation involves a 2am trip to the liquor store :) Sometimes it is letting your son play super hero, with an unexpected double knee drop to your face :rofl:

TKR Reptiles
03-18-2011, 12:32
Sometimes it is letting your son play super hero, with a double knee drop to your face :rofl:

Been there, done that... TOO many times!!! :rofl:

Blaster
03-18-2011, 15:43
The video illustrates good points. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the woman knew what she was going to be dealing with, a guy with an edged weapon.

She had the benefit of knowing that an attack was going to happen. A real life encounter/attack could easily result in a much slower reaction.

Another consideration is the problem of knife vs. gun in a close proximity. Successfully deploying the handgun requires distance, not in every case but generally so. Defending a knife attack requires closing the distance. The two do not go together well as you can plainly see.

wrenrj1
03-18-2011, 18:43
Right, I think we are in agreement.

By yourself without a kid, chambered is hard to argue against. But others may have other concerns.

But add a kid, and then some what if scenarios pop into your head. Falling down unconscious is common enough, from a variety of causes. If no kid, then you might never think of something like that. Add a kid that you are responsible for, add a chambered gun, look into the crystal ball and wonder if something could happen to you, cause you to lose unconsciousness. leaving you and a chambered gun in the kid's care.

Maybe it's a crazy concern. Maybe you wouldn't have that concern even if you had a kid. That's fine. I'm only trying to say there are other considerations than just what happens when a bad guy is attacking you. There are all the other days of the year, with other stuff going in your life. And sometimes you are not even at your own house.

One could logically conclude that unchambered is better, for them, in those situations.

Not every carry situation involves a 2am trip to the liquor store :) Sometimes it is letting your son play super hero, with an unexpected double knee drop to your face :rofl:

I've been following your posts and you are certainly going to do what you want to do and I totally respect that, but I think you also need to consider the chances of the risks that you present actually happening. You discuss being unconscious, we all go to sleep, so I guess that's where proper firearm storage to avert the threat of a child acquiring a firearm is appropriate, however you do need to decide how you will access and deploy that firearm in an emergency.

Yes, people do become unconscious due to illness or injury, however the chances of this happening, unless you have a chronic conditions is probably smaller than most things that can adversely effect your health during the day (such as driving). Add in to the complexity of a small child removing a firearm from a holster etc. I'd rather teach them to call 911 than disarm me!:tongueout:

I don't have kids, but certainly respect your decision. Just thought I'd add my opinion.

Bob469
03-19-2011, 11:20
Yeah its hard to argue the kids thing... Ive given thought to what I will do when i have kids and i think by that time i will have several guns... and a few bio safes and hide a way pictures... that way when it is "family" time i will disarm but still have guns everywhere... close to the door, next to couch, next to bed, etc

wjv
03-19-2011, 16:58
Caption said. . Backed into a corner, surrounded, no other option.

I carry with a round chambered, but I'm not sure that a round chambered would have helped. Gun should have already been drawn and a round chambered long before being backed into that corner.

COLDSTEEL165
03-22-2011, 02:04
If you are afraid to carry one in the pipe then carry a revolver

Beware Owner
03-22-2011, 09:39
If you are afraid to carry one in the pipe then carry a revolver

With the next chamber empty?

TooFly4Ya
03-27-2011, 11:22
One of the best post's here! Well done.

Darkangel1846
03-27-2011, 16:35
Its rather hard to be running backwards while racking a round then shooting your target. Had to do that in one of my SD classes.

glock2740
03-27-2011, 16:50
If you don't carry with a round in the chamber, you might get.....

Kilt :)

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/OU1911/kilt1.jpg

:rofl:

BlayGlock
03-27-2011, 21:04
Thanks for posting Quack. I am going to post that on THR giving you credit for the find. You cannot imagine how many times a question is posted about carrying condition 1 and just how many numb-nuts respond in the negative.

quantico
03-28-2011, 16:32
I am not concerned about how others carry guns. Mine are loaded in cond 1 ready for me to defend myself and my child. I bet it would be " safer " for hunters to carry empty as well. Safer for the critters that is. If you hunt with a round loaded and carry empty that is telling me you have some mean turkeys , ducks , deer whatever.

canoesmith
03-28-2011, 21:36
A 1911 is not an amateurs weapon. If you are committed to carrying this weapon, then you must learn the weapon and carry it the way it was intended to be carried, cocked and locked. Otherwise go to another weapon platform that makes you comfortable. 1911's are not for everyone, many of my gun savvy friends are intimidated by my cocked, locked and carried Colt on my hip - all the time. They love their Glocks however - with one up the pipe.