My newest toy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My newest toy

Makoman
03-17-2011, 22:47
Finally got her. Been jonesing for a 21 SF for a while. Been a while since I've owned a Glock but the trigger break and reset seem a little more crisp than the G23 that I had, and the reset seems a bit shorter. Like I said, it's been a while so it could just be the whole "refamiliarizing" thing. What's your guys take on this? Have they changed anything? I looked at the trigger bar when I took it apart and it has the "bump" on the plunger cam but the "tail" where the trigger spring connects is not the newer "S" type like on the gen 4's and some gen 3's that I've heard that have the gen 4 style bar.

I intsalled the NY-1 trigger spring and 3.5lb connector but decided I liked the stock set-up better so I just did the $.25 trigger job to get rid of all the grit and it feels real nice. Other than that I just did the Glockmeister exteded take-down catch, butt plug, OEM extended slide release and talon-grips. Hopefully I'll get her out in a couple weeks. Waiting for my local gun-show to buy some ammo and extra mags.

Jim S.
03-19-2011, 02:37
I went back to the stock set up long time ago. Other than a polishing of all the internals to smooth it out I like it stock. The 3.5# connector didn't make all that much difference to me and the stock one actually felt crisper.
After 14,000 rounds through her I don't think I even needed to do the polishing.
She is smooth and "broken in" and shoots great.
The more you shoot your 21 the more you will love it.
It is my carry gun and sits on my night stand.
Have other good guns but this is my work horse.
Takes a beating and keeps on ticking.

bac1023
03-23-2011, 21:13
Congrats on the G21.

Brianharless13
03-23-2011, 21:16
Congrat's on the 21SF. Love mine. Kept everything stock.

TSAX
03-23-2011, 21:33
Congrats :wavey:

Creator
04-20-2011, 09:18
Hey MAKOMAN, I have a WOLF stainless 6" threaded barrel with the WOLF comp for sale. I put it on my G21 SF but never got to shoot it. Hard times force sale. $125. + shipping. scitsillab@yahoo.com for pic.