Tapco Magazines 7.62X39mm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tapco Magazines 7.62X39mm

carloglock19
03-18-2011, 13:13
Anyone use them on your WASR? I picked up 4 from my last gun show outing really cheap and they didn't quite fit. So I broke out the dremel tool and modified them a little. I sanded down the part that catches the mag release. I was careful not to over do it, the 1st one was a little rough but the others look good. I will be using these at the range only. I know Tapco Crapco but couldnt pass up $7 a piece. Gotta love dremel tools!

motorcyclist
03-18-2011, 15:39
For all the bad they're supposed to be, I have 2 that fit fine and work even better in my saiga. Not as sturdy as the metal ones, but you can't beat them at the range.

Broncbuster
03-18-2011, 15:47
I have a few 20rnd ones and have not had a problem out of them.

FireForged
03-18-2011, 16:07
There are millions of AK factory mags that are available for cheap.. Why is there such a desire to purchase aftermarket mags? I dont get it.

faawrenchbndr
03-18-2011, 17:01
I've got one I use at the range, in my Mak90.
It's been flawless so far.........still need to complete the parts count for 922 compliance.

carloglock19
03-19-2011, 06:32
I have 5 factory mags so far and couldn't pass up the price on the Tapco mags! I just wanted to post in case someone else ran into the same situation with their mags!

Reswob
03-19-2011, 10:08
unproven crapco mags for only $1 less than commie steel? No ****ing way. I don't get how they stay in business making a product (almost) no one wants.

H&K .45 AUTO
03-19-2011, 15:23
The prices for military surplus magazines would have to triple before I would consider spending even a few bucks on an aftermarket mag. IMHO... The military mags are time-tested, and battle-proven. I can't think of any reason to go with anything else, considering the track record of the real deal. Do let us know how they work out in the long-term though. Having to modify them with a dremel right out of the gate isn't a good sign though in my estimation.

Murgatroy
03-20-2011, 01:02
I have a dozen eastern euro mags and a handful of Tapco. My AK is a Romanian, but it has dimples. The Tapco mags feed flawless and I have yet to have an issue with them. Some of the metal mags I can't say the same for.

I get the Tapco mags for $10 out the door. I can find metal mags for less than $11 after shipping. The Tapco mags are local.

NHCraigT
03-22-2011, 19:23
I have multiple + AK steel mags, and use them in multiple AK's, but could not pass up on a $6.99 per Tapco mag deal.

Loaded up on a big order of them......(opsec).

All shoot fine...in all my AK's.

Lifetime warranty. Not a single malf. ever...even on earlier tapco mags I have had.

= That's my 2 cents.

Fangs404
03-22-2011, 19:39
When I picked up my AK, it came with 2 Tapco mags. I've read bad things about them, but I haven't had any issues with them in the ~500 rounds I've put through my AK since I got it a couple months ago. I did pick up 5 Bulgarian steel mags from http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47Bulg&name=Bulgarian+30rd+Steel+AK47+7.62x39+Magazine&groupid=15 though. I prefer the steel mags, although there's no real reason. I just like the construction better.

Tailhunter
03-22-2011, 20:26
This will become someones signature ... I can feel it.

"Tapco is not an upgrade, no matter how many times you read about it in the want ads."

Freakazoid
03-22-2011, 20:49
Store threw in a tapco mag when I bought my AK. I've had no issues from it or my steel mags.

TheGrimReaper
03-23-2011, 16:10
I run away from anything from Tapco.

Aceman
03-23-2011, 22:14
I have some Tapco's that run like champs in my WASR - slighty BETTER than steel due to a little mag wobble. Fit is perfect, function is flawless.

I'd use them any day, anywhere. No excuse not to.

cole
03-23-2011, 23:51
Anyone use them on your WASR? I picked up 4 from my last gun show outing really cheap and they didn't quite fit. So I broke out the dremel tool and modified them a little. I sanded down the part that catches the mag release. I was careful not to over do it, the 1st one was a little rough but the others look good. I will be using these at the range only. I know Tapco Crapco but couldnt pass up $7 a piece. Gotta love dremel tools!

My Tapcos run fine. Great range mags. If they don't fit in you WASR it's the WASR, which starts off as a single stack magwell and is opened up to a double.