Ghost ring sights for Mossberg 500 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ghost ring sights for Mossberg 500

sambeaux2249
03-19-2011, 16:25
If anyone is interested, Numrich currently has a few Mossberg 18.5" barrels with ghost ring sights available. Mine just came in. They appear to be new old stock. They are blued, with the high visibility front sight on the barrel, and a Mossberg ghost ring sight with mounting screws.

It doesn't quite match my matte/parkerized receiver and mag tube, but I really don't care. I've been looking for either an 18.5" barrel with rifle sights or one of these ghost ring kits for a couple of years now, and I'm thrilled to finally have one.

Sadly, these appeared on Numrich about two days after I won an auction for a Mossberg barrel with rifle sights. Does anyone know if there's a dovetailed rear sight base that can replace the crappy folding rear sight on old Mossberg barrels?

Also, this addition leaves me with only one remaining home defense gun with a plain bead. I'd love to put rifle sights or a ghost ring setup on my Pardner Protector. I've been thinking about either going with a "banded" front sight and rear ghost ring screwed into the receiver, or using a Remington barrel with rifle sights and a 1" ID spacer to hold it in place. I found a piece of ABS plastic tubing that's about 3/16" thick and 1" ID...

Thanks.

Sam