Conundrum [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Conundrum

BlayGlock
03-21-2011, 09:28
Its been a while since I lasted posted. I have been busy working two regions and getting ready to move to the Pittsburgh area.

Anyway, I am in a bit of a pickle. I felt like such a pitied fool by GJ1981 and his 2nd custom carry that I may just have to send my custom carry back in for the following:

Chen Magwell if they will do it
Golfballfront strap
Ionbond Complete Pistol

However, I have been doing some bird and clay shooting with customers recently and will likely do more in my new position. I have an old Mossberg pump that I recieved for my 12th birthday that I have always hunted with. However, that Beretta Xtrema2 is looking might tempting.

Or I could save up a little more and get that Wilson Spec Ops 9 I have been wanting for a while, however, I did just pick up a DW Guardian 9mm last week. I will do a review on it after I get a few more rounds through it.

Thoughts?

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
03-21-2011, 09:48
I'd get the Wilson if ya really want it. You can always mod a gun later - get the new gun instead... ALWAYS the way to go :)

20South
03-21-2011, 09:57
Nothing like a nice over/under for busting clays.

Quack
03-21-2011, 10:29
I'd get the Beretta if ya really want it. You can always mod a gun later - get the new gun instead... ALWAYS the way to go :)

fixed it for you :supergrin:

for the shotgunner, there is http://jaquas.com/
the shotguns that they have make full custom 1911's look inexpensive.

bikewriter
03-21-2011, 10:45
A proper fitting o/u or semi will be nice. I don't care how good the prices at cdnn are, if the shotty doesn't fit it's like running a marathon in your neighbor's high heels. I'm not that serious about clays but I do enjoy my Beretta semi. Having said that my 1982 SKB 12g o/u is without a doubt my favorite long gun.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
03-21-2011, 11:03
fixed it for you :supergrin:

for the shotgunner, there is http://jaquas.com/
the shotguns that they have make full custom 1911's look inexpensive.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

GJ1981
03-21-2011, 11:48
My thoughts would be getting whatever gives you the most enjoyment. SA will do the Chen, it's around $275. It may seem like a lot but I was quoted $500+ for LABOR plus the parts by one LTW smith. Needless to say, I went elsewhere.

For me, there has come a point where I have plenty of pistols and it's time to enjoy what I have. I'm just buying ammo now instead of new pistols. I would go with what you think you'll use the most. New firearms are nice, but not as nice as using what you already have even more.

HAIL CAESAR
03-21-2011, 12:14
Ah....Sporting Clays!!!! My true passion.

You can shoot effectively with a 870/500, but a Extrema or 391 is a great gun.

Then you get into the 2 to 3 grand O/U's. They are great and offer A LOT for the money!
Then there are the 4 to 10k guns. Very little improvements and refinements over a 3k gun, but you may notice the difference. I like this bracket of guns. Very beautiful and durable guns.

Then there are the 10 to 20k guns. VERY little improvements, mostly wood grades and engraving.

Over 20 grand is nothing but premium wood and engraving.

BlayGlock
03-21-2011, 12:20
I just put a deposit down on Browning Maxus!

HAIL CAESAR
03-21-2011, 12:50
That is a great gun and should serve you well.

BlayGlock
03-21-2011, 14:40
Just heard back from Springfield. It is going to cost me $925 plus shipping for the work and a 12-15 week wait time. Im glad I went ahead and got the shotgun

20South
03-21-2011, 14:43
Just heard back from Springfield. It is going to cost me $925 plus shipping for the work and a 12-15 week wait time. Im glad I went ahead and got the shotgun

Well done! Shotguns are awesome and there's nothing quite as fun as a nice Sporting Clays course in the spring and fall.

bikewriter
03-21-2011, 14:57
We belong to a local public shotgun club but have yet to use it this year due to bad weather. I purchased an auto thrower and my buddy has a sit-down manual load type. His has a wobbler, mine does not. Pretty low budget in the big picture but priceless fun when a group sets up and destroys boxes upon boxes with wild aerial trajectories. Sporting clays is one of my most relaxing endeavors. If only I could put that relaxed attitude toward my competition pistol games I'd be a whole lot better off. :supergrin:

I like shotgunworld.com