Trigger mod bad idea for SD? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trigger mod bad idea for SD?

Skadoosh
03-21-2011, 09:33
hey, I've been looking into getting a 3.5 trigger connector for my G19, as it will be my carry gun, it's still a range gun. But i've heard a lot of crap how I could get in trouble in court if I ever did use my weapon in self defense with a modded trigger?

Seems kinda dumb to me, regardless if i killed my attacker, I meant to do it, what does the trigger pull weight matter?

Mas Ayoob
03-21-2011, 12:25
I'm afraid it ain't crap, bro, and it's less about "dumb" sometimes than it's about "unscrupulous" on the part of the occasional politically-motivated prosecutor and the more than occasional greed-motivated plaintiff's lawyer. Since there's no such thing as a "justifiable accident," it's advantageous to them to attempt to paint your deliberate, justifiable shot in self-defense as an unjustifiable accident for which you are culpable.

A trigger that's lighter than what the factory recommends for self-defense or duty -- such as the 3.5 pound connector in a Glock, unless it's accompanied by an NY-1 module -- helps them to sell that theory to a jury.

There's a long thread on it here, http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1259716
which covers about every aspect of the issue, from both sides of the argument, including my take on it.

Good luck,
Mas