How do you conceal carry your G30? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How do you conceal carry your G30?

ennis
03-23-2011, 10:57
I own both a G27 and a G30. The G27 feels fine IWB, but it's about the max thickness for that mode of carry. I am concerned that the thicker G30 won't carry as well IWB. Those of you that carry a G30 concealed, what method of carry works best for you? I almost never have to tuck in my shirt. My typical clothing is pretty loose fitting.

An altogether different carry question, is about when I am carrying my G30 converted to 10mm in the so called, "woods", while I am carrying a backpack. In Alaska people are more tolerant when they see me on the trail with a chest holster. In the Lower 48, not always so understanding, especially now that my permit allows me to carry concealed in some National Parks.

Mas Ayoob
03-23-2011, 17:51
Depends a lot on your build and wardrobe. Last month, on a training tour in the frozen wasteland, I relied almost entirely on an OWB, belt-slide thumb-break from Ted Blocker for the G30 I was carrying. However, I was wearing a suitcoat or sport coat the whole time, with a topcoat over it outdoors. If it had been summer months, the G30 would have been inside the waistband in a Rosen ARG or a Galco for better concealment under light clothing.

The G30 and G29, in my experience, conceal about like a Glock 19 or 23.

For backpacking, I can see why you'd want something less conspicuous in most places. Not being a backpacker, I'll leave it up to you to find the best balance of access, concealability, and comfort. Or, you might want to open a thread with that question in Carry Issues; you should find lots of folks with lots more experience in backpacking with Glocks than I can offer.

best,
Mas