Night Sights from Glock? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Night Sights from Glock?

BlackDobe
03-23-2011, 12:27
My G26 Gen 3 is with Glock right now having a repair performed.

Aside from the repair, I currently have the stock plastic sights. Their return form has some options on it for some "Chargeable Items" that I may be interested in:

Glock Night Sights $57+tax
Trijicon Nights $72+tax

I use this for everyday CC. Since I already paid the next day delivery to ship it to them, should I go with one of the two night sight options above while they have it in their possession?

Is something else that is preferable than the trijicon sights that Glock would install?

TSAX
03-23-2011, 12:30
Get the GNS

RayB
03-23-2011, 15:17
:agree:

The GNS have Meprolight lamps and will serve you very well! They're great bull's-eye sights out to 30-feet or so.

The Trijicon sights are a bit better target sights for sharper-eyed shooters, with their narrower front blade to rear notch aspect, but the white o-ring markers are painted on and not as durable as the Mep's plastic, coated markers. They're very nice sights, though!

For a CC G26, I'd go with the GNS too!

--Ray

Alchemy
03-23-2011, 15:31
:agree:

The GNS have Meprolight lamps and will serve you very well! They're great bull's-eye sights out to 30-feet or so.

The Trijicon sights are a bit better target sights for sharper-eyed shooters, with their narrower front blade to rear notch aspect, but the white o-ring markers are painted on and not as durable as the Mep's plastic, coated markers. They're very nice sights, though!

For a CC G26, I'd go with the GNS too!

--Ray

Back in 05 I had night sites installed by Glock. I can't tell you what
brand that they put on, but I am completely satisified.

Before this thread is over you will more than likely have people tell you
too forget Glock's sites and go to one of their favorite brands.

Since they already have your pistol, you will be money ahead by having
them installed their and not having to pay postage or a smith to charge
you too purchase and install them.

Just my .02

BlackDobe
03-23-2011, 16:24
The Trijicon sights are a bit better target sights for sharper-eyed shooters,

That's good to know - my eyes are not as sharp as they used to be.

Important point that I failed to mention.

mccallisterbrian
03-24-2011, 07:37
I replaced all of my trijicon night sights with the GNS. I have been replacing alot of night sights for the sheriff's dept with nothing but the GNS. They are brighter and bigger. The GNS are much easier to use when acquiring targets quicker.

BlackDobe
03-24-2011, 14:29
This was the kind of feedback I was hoping for. Thanks guys.

As soon as I get a confirmation phone call back from Glock I'm going to go with the GNS.