Sherrif Joe and Segal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sherrif Joe and Segal

captdreifus
03-24-2011, 02:39
Have you guys seen the use of force on this:whistling:

Link (http://www.kpho.com/news/27272012/detail.html)

Not bashing, just awesome show of force:cool:

capt

Tonyyy
03-24-2011, 03:07
What a bunch of clowns.... Steve D Joke Seagull.

SGT HATRED
03-24-2011, 03:09
Didn't get to watch the video but sheriff joe is my hero! And as long as it was hollywood paying for it who cares...

jacquejet
03-24-2011, 08:45
After they euthanized the chickens, did the cast and crew have BBQ chicken for supper.

Morris
03-24-2011, 09:07
Hollyweird . . .

Sam Spade
03-24-2011, 11:24
Jesus wept.

OldCurlyWolf
03-25-2011, 03:13
Small time cockfighters are usually pretty tame. Big time cockfighters (115 birds is a lot) are a whole nuther breed. They have been know to shoot first, quite often.

Narkcop
03-25-2011, 03:51
It has been my experience (23 years LE) that cockfighting rings are involved in a lot of other more significant crime such as MAJOR drug trafficking. If you can get an informant inside a cockfighting ring you will make some major drug cases. White redneck drug dealers absolutely LOVE that rooster stuff.

TBO
03-25-2011, 06:15
http://stephane.f.david.free.fr/CivMod/UnitIcones/Italy/M113GreenLarge.gif
APC Armored Personal Carrier, not a "Tank".

http://cdn.tdfimg.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/battle-tank.jpg
Tank, is a "Tank".

bikerdog
03-25-2011, 11:38
cockfighting rings are involved in a lot of other more significant crime such as major drug trafficking. .

this^^^^^^^^^^

packsaddle
03-25-2011, 13:38
I believe this sends a pretty clear message to criminals in Maricopa County.

Trigger Finger
03-25-2011, 14:11
My old department (LAPD) has a tank. It's also technically an APC with a ram. I don't think Cockfighting justifies the use of this equipment. L.A. has a large illegal alien population and cock and dog fighting are commonly found and I don't care how violent they might get, the tank is not warranted.
Maybe a SWAT team but not the tank.

Segal is a joke and I'm surprised that Sheriff Joe got sucked into this Hollywood crap. Law enforcement is not a joke and should not be used to generate news stories.

What's next, a multi agency task force SWAT team and Explosive Unit to raid a sweat shop?

TBO
03-25-2011, 14:34
My old department (LAPD) has a tank. It's also technically an APC with a ram. I don't think Cockfighting justifies the use of this equipment. L.A. has a large illegal alien population and cock and dog fighting are commonly found and I don't care how violent they might get, the tank is not warranted.
Maybe a SWAT team but not the tank.

Segal is a joke and I'm surprised that Sheriff Joe got sucked into this Hollywood crap. Law enforcement is not a joke and should not be used to generate news stories.

What's next, a multi agency task force SWAT team and Explosive Unit to raid a sweat shop?:wow:

txleapd
03-25-2011, 15:58
There's always a good reason to use a tank... :devildance:

MarcDW
03-25-2011, 16:31
And my Chief said no to me using my suppressor for ACO work and or putting deer down at night! :crying:

Trigger Finger
03-25-2011, 16:31
:wow:

The tank is used on FORTIFIED locations. Like crack houses with every window and door secured with bars. After the tank punches a hole SWAT makes entry. How was this position fortified?

Segal and Sheriff Joe were probably riding inside. The two stooges out for headlines!!

TBO
03-25-2011, 17:03
The tank is used on FORTIFIED locations. Like crack houses with every window and door secured with bars. After the tank punches a hole SWAT makes entry. How was this position fortified?

Segal and Sheriff Joe were probably riding inside. The two stooges out for headlines!!
1#. I didn't see a "tank", and didn't even see an APC. I would have liked to see what they were talking about. Perhaps the low quality video is making it hard for me to see.

2#. Same video didn't give me a complete look at the area they were operating in/against.

3#. A "tank" can be used to protect personal from being fire upon while approaching an area. There are many uses for an armored vehicle other than breaching.

Now, with more info, perhaps I'd be more critical, but I don't have it.

jmho

Sam Spade
03-25-2011, 21:29

:rofl:

I'm surprised too. Surprised that it took so long for him to get sucked in.

Woofie
03-25-2011, 22:38
The tank is Seagal's take home vehicle.

lawman800
03-26-2011, 01:31
A tank should be used for every breach... by firing a depleted uranium round into the house first... then ramming the structure with the tank... who gives a crap what the criminals think about the show of force?

We're not here to worry about their feelings.

larry_minn
05-13-2011, 21:13
A tank should be used for every breach... by firing a depleted uranium round into the house first... then ramming the structure with the tank... who gives a crap what the criminals think about the show of force?

We're not here to worry about their feelings.

I would think HE would be better? A DU would overpenetrate IMO>

lawman800
05-13-2011, 21:17
You are right about DU on ordinary civilian structures. HE presents another problem with collateral damage to surrounding houses. Let's just save the projectiles and ram the houses instead!

EOD3
05-13-2011, 22:09
A flachette round will do a great job of cleaning out a room. Tungsten carbide darts, LOTS of them. :wow:

LASTRESORT20
05-13-2011, 22:42
From the comments section: Excellent...

~ "We're SHOCKED alright. These Mexicans and their ILLEGAL activities would never be tolerated in Mexico. So, they come here, and disrespect our laws, and when we arrest them, they act surprised that we are so inhumane. Round up this disrespectful scum, and send their ashes back to Mexico, in a cardboard box." ~

lawman800
05-13-2011, 23:32
A flachette round will do a great job of cleaning out a room. Tungsten carbide darts, LOTS of them. :wow:

Flechettes are cool, but so are thermobaric bombs that suck your guts out through your mouth.

Havasu
05-14-2011, 00:10

I like Sheriff Joe. I think he's a great sheriff and the country should have more like him.....but he IS a publicity whore.

BlackPaladin
05-14-2011, 05:07
+1 Sheriff Joe does a good job, don't know much about Segal's LE career.

As far as using armored vehicles for getting things done, bring it on. TF, put on some man pants, what's next, no need for select fire weapons either?

4949shooter
05-14-2011, 06:09
Well lady, know you know you have a "tank."

I agree though, this sounds like a Hollywood stunt. No Steven Seagall...no APC utilization.

Sheriff Joe gets headlines, Steven Segall gets his show promoted, and everyone is happy.

Dragoon44
05-14-2011, 06:51
OMG!! it is the "militarization" and "hollywoodification" of the police all rolled into one!!

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z222/Dragoon44_bucket/panicbtn.gif

:rofl::rofl:

TBO
05-14-2011, 08:06
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/TheeBadOne/TBO/onoes.gif

Napalm561
05-14-2011, 08:12
Why have a tank, if you never use it? Maybe they were just had it out & about to blow the cobwebs out of it..

TBO
05-14-2011, 09:06
Who has a tank?

Hack
05-14-2011, 09:10
Smoke: check
CS: check
Multiburst: check
Willy Pete: need more
Napalm: check:whistling:

Dragoon44
05-14-2011, 09:17
For the record I am against the use of tanks as well,

If you have a problem that requires a tank then you should just be able to call in a precision air strike.

:supergrin:

steveksux
05-14-2011, 09:25
and 115 birds were euthanized on the spot.Was that performed under the "tank" treads, or were they on the opposite side of the wall they knocked down... :rofl:

Segal had every right to be there. He was the perfect subject matter expert (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQKAydHA4J4) when it comes to cockfighting.

Randy

4949shooter
05-14-2011, 11:09
Our department tank is a Tiger Tank.

lawman800
05-14-2011, 11:13

I thought you guys had a whole Panzer Division standing by on the Jersey Pikeway to back up the motors guys. If they speed off, out goes the tank round. It would certainly fit with the uniform. :whistling:

4949shooter
05-14-2011, 11:14
We would but we had trouble finding enough Tiger II models. :cool:

lawman800
05-14-2011, 11:16
Watch out for the drug dealers who are buying up panzershrikes from the eastern Europe arms dealers!!!

4949shooter
05-14-2011, 11:18
Watch out for the drug dealers who are buying up panzershrikes from the eastern Europe arms dealers!!!

You aren't kidding.

Funny thing is, one of my coworkers is of German descent and he didn't know what a panzerschrek was. :dunno:

Dragoon44
05-14-2011, 11:42

Did you paint them powder blue to match the uniforms?

:tongueout::rofl:

Dragoon44
05-14-2011, 11:43
You aren't kidding.

Funny thing is, one of my coworkers is of German descent and he didn't know what a panzerschrek was. :dunno:

Probably thought it was another sequel to Shrek.

4949shooter
05-14-2011, 12:48
Probably thought it was another sequel to Shrek.

LOL and he is always telling me about German stuff. :rofl:

lawman800
05-14-2011, 23:30
Sauerkraut FTW!!!

ranger1968
05-15-2011, 18:41
I watched the video twice, and I never saw a tank...I didn't even see an APC, or even an armored car like a Bearcat...When they said "tank" on the report, they showed a big white F-250 pickup....

lawman800
05-15-2011, 22:35
I watched the video twice, and I never saw a tank...I didn't even see an APC, or even an armored car like a Bearcat...When they said "tank" on the report, they showed a big white F-250 pickup....

That's about right for the media. Every firearm is an AK, even if it is a revolver. Every criminal that commits a crime with a firearm is the law abiding citizen's fault. Every criminal deserves second chance. Cops never use the right amount of force. Yada yada yada....

blueiron
05-15-2011, 22:35
If the MCSO deploys its SWAT unit, the armored vehicle always goes along. Here is a photo of it during one of its more auspicious moments:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_peGbBMqGJ98/TJTdZdMzwvI/AAAAAAAABZI/UVuIPgagZCY/s400/tankvscar.jpg

Joe Arpaio is a clown. I saw how he destroyed the patrol and district detective divisions of the MCSO and stripped the jails of many of the Detention Officers in the early days, only to have to replace them later.

The mismanagement of the MCSO is threatening to impose Federal receivership on the agency.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/05/15/20110515maricopa-sheriff-finances-taxpayer-impact.html

Navy HMC
05-16-2011, 03:05
That's about right for the media. Every firearm is an AK, even if it is a revolver. Every criminal that commits a crime with a firearm is the law abiding citizen's fault. Every criminal deserves second chance. Cops never use the right amount of force. Yada yada yada....

You forgot every moron in cuffs is the victim of an abuse of authority....:whistling:

DaBigBR
05-16-2011, 09:27
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/jdmsds/journalistguide.jpg

EOD3
05-16-2011, 10:04
Flechettes are cool, but so are thermobaric bombs that suck your guts out through your mouth.

[WAR_STORY_ALERT]

Back in the 70's, I was involved in the testing of the Multiple Launch Rocket System down in Panama. A VERY cool rocket launched, cloud burst weapon system that would literally suck steel doors out of bunkers. The blast turned organic matter (in the cloud) into a sack of pulverized goo and the post-blast vacuum was IMPRESSIVE. :wow: :shocked:

The OLD Sheridan tank carried a 152MM main gun that could fire "beehive" rounds. About a three pound coffee can filled with flechettes and a stick of dynamite in the center. It was used to "clean off" enemy soldiers from a friendly tank. Aim your gun AT your friends tank and fire-for-affect. :wavey:

[WAR_STORY_ALERT/]

lawman800
05-16-2011, 23:21
[WAR_STORY_ALERT]

Back in the 70's, I was involved in the testing of the Multiple Launch Rocket System down in Panama. A VERY cool rocket launched, cloud burst weapon system that would literally suck steel doors out of bunkers. The blast turned organic matter (in the cloud) into a sack of pulverized goo and the post-blast vacuum was IMPRESSIVE. :wow: :shocked:

The OLD Sheridan tank carried a 152MM main gun that could fire "beehive" rounds. About a three pound coffee can filled with flechettes and a stick of dynamite in the center. It was used to "clean off" enemy soldiers from a friendly tank. Aim your gun AT your friends tank and fire-for-affect. :wavey:

[WAR_STORY_ALERT/]

That is soooo cool!!!

Tilley
05-16-2011, 23:47
In a massive show of force on Monday, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant and arrested the homeowner, Jesus Llovera, on charges of suspected cockfighting.

We arrested a couple guys once for cockfighting. :whistling: Blood everywhere...

Appears one of the "combatants" got caught on his zipper...:banana::banana:

EOD3
05-17-2011, 00:31
We arrested a couple guys once for cockfighting. :whistling: Blood everywhere...

Appears one of the "combatants" got caught on his zipper...:banana::banana:

Is that where you picked up the "man of steel" description? :rofl::workout::beer:

Tilley
05-17-2011, 00:42
Is that where you picked up the "man of steel" description? :rofl::workout::beer:

Assault with a "friendly weapon..." :thumbsup:

lawman800
05-17-2011, 01:04
Not so friendly depending on if you are not into that kind of stuff.