Colorado Springs Glockers? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Springs Glockers?

Makarovii
03-25-2011, 13:59
I'm new to the forum and to the C/S area, any other Glockers here? Thinking about joining the GSSF...:cool:

RMD
04-14-2011, 07:52
I'm a Springs Glock guy (G26 & G32 at the moment). I, too, have been thinking about joining the GSSF so I can take the armorer's course.

Makarovii
04-16-2011, 16:34
I'm a Springs Glock guy (G26 & G32 at the moment). I, too, have been thinking about joining the GSSF so I can take the armorer's course.

I've only been to one local range so far, out in Falcon. What range do you prefer to go to?

RMD
04-18-2011, 09:40
I've only been to one local range so far, out in Falcon. What range do you prefer to go to?

I shoot at Whistling Pines, an indoor range in SE Springs. Nice place with lots of good rentals. Where did you move from?

Makarovii
04-18-2011, 21:04
I moved into the United States from the People's Republic of California. :thumbsup:

I couldn't get "real" mags for my P226 until I moved to Colorado! :steamed:
Whistling Pines looks like a good place to join but I'll need to first save up for the membership fee. Their website shows they are CZ fans, me too! If you'd like company out there please give me a holler.

http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/38070/2738067230103288082S600x600Q85.jpg

RMD
04-19-2011, 08:29
Welcome to America :)

Do you have your CHP yet?

Nice collection!

The memberships are transferable, and I see people selling theirs for $250 every so often (posted just inside the front doors). I just might give you a shout next time.

Have you visited Colorado Carry (http://www.coloradocarry.com/forums/) yet?

bowtie454
04-19-2011, 08:37
I'm in the Springs area too. Whistling Pines is great (although a bit pricey). I assume the Falcon range you are referring to is Frontier Sportsman's Club. That is a great place to shoot (haven't been to the Fountain range yet) and it is a bargain at $75/year (if you can get a membership). I've also done a lot of shooting at Dragon Man's. Go on the weekends, it's crowded but there is a range master present who keeps things safe and keeps the yahoos in line. That being said, the members-only clubs are by far the way to go. BTW, G32 and G20.

RMD
04-19-2011, 09:10
I'm in the Springs area too. Whistling Pines is great (although a bit pricey). I assume the Falcon range you are referring to is Frontier Sportsman's Club. That is a great place to shoot (haven't been to the Fountain range yet) and it is a bargain at $75/year (if you can get a membership). I've also done a lot of shooting at Dragon Man's. Go on the weekends, it's crowded but there is a range master present who keeps things safe and keeps the yahoos in line. That being said, the members-only clubs are by far the way to go. BTW, G32 and G20.

Love my G32!

Funny thing - Whistling Pines sells FAE 357SIG for around $23/50. Best price I've seen other than an occasional online deal.

Makarovii
04-19-2011, 11:46
Bowtie, yes it was Frontier Sportsman's Club. We had a good time but it can get windy out there. I am spoiled by indoor ranges, outdoor ranges where quite aways from Long Beach, Ca. The range I had a membership at is http://www.insightrangeinc.com/ Good people run the place, they handled FFL duties for me and also sold me a used 9mm P226.

RMD, thanks for the link, just registered! :supergrin: No CHP yet. :winkie: $250 for a membership to Whistling Pines? I like that better. Saving for my next purchase for CHP carry: CZ 75D PCR or CZ P07. I'll need something new to break in at the range. :cool:

RMD
04-19-2011, 18:23
Bowtie, yes it was Frontier Sportsman's Club. We had a good time but it can get windy out there. I am spoiled by indoor ranges, outdoor ranges where quite aways from Long Beach, Ca. The range I had a membership at is http://www.insightrangeinc.com/ Good people run the place, they handled FFL duties for me and also sold me a used 9mm P226.

RMD, thanks for the link, just registered! :supergrin: No CHP yet. :winkie: $250 for a membership to Whistling Pines? I like that better. Saving for my next purchase for CHP carry: CZ 75D PCR or CZ P07. I'll need something new to break in at the range. :cool:

No problem. Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to check for members selling their membership other than to check the board at the range. Maybe you could call them and ask if anyone's posted lately. I'll keep an eye out, too.

You might want to get your CHP process started - it can take 1-3 months once you've submitted your application. You'll want to check the webpage for your county's sheriff department for details.

bowtie454
04-20-2011, 13:34
No problem. Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to check for members selling their membership other than to check the board at the range. Maybe you could call them and ask if anyone's posted lately. I'll keep an eye out, too.

You might want to get your CHP process started - it can take 1-3 months once you've submitted your application. You'll want to check the webpage for your county's sheriff department for details.

You can call or go in and chat with the folks at Whistling Pines about available memberships. Sometimes they know folks who are looking to sell thier memberships. They are a pretty friendly group of folks.