Para Warthog problems... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Para Warthog problems...

bobtail1911
03-26-2011, 15:33
I went out shooting today with my Stepdad's Para and had lots of problems. I have never been crazy about this gun (the TS has become mushy for example) anyway but today just did it in for me. I must have had 10 malfunctions in about 25 rounds. Had several FTF's and FTE's with both of his magazines. Also, had a few occasions where the gun would not fire, even with a round in the chamber. :wow: Gun isn't all that accurate either. It was consistently left, where as my Vbob is dead on. My stepdad is set in his ways though:
A) He will not carry with a round in the chamber
B) Thinks any gun that is longer than 3 inches isn't practical for concealed carry
C) Loves this gun lol

I won't buy a para after this. Just some thoughts.

glock2740
03-26-2011, 15:56
Countdown until BAC chimes in on this one...10...9...8...7...6...5...:rofl:

KK40384
03-26-2011, 16:05
A Warthog that has FTF's and FTE's?? NOOOOOOOO WAY :rofl:

Grappler112
03-26-2011, 16:33
never been a fan of how para's look even, they are trying to hard and failing on the looks, and not trying hard enough on the quality from what I hear

craig19
03-26-2011, 19:57
Sounds like a Para to me...

bac1023
03-26-2011, 20:35
Countdown until BAC chimes in on this one...10...9...8...7...6...5...:rofl:

:rofl:

Yeah, The Warthog was the worst POS gun I ever owned.

Para pretty much sucks to begin with and the Warthog was probably their worst.

BlayGlock
03-26-2011, 20:56
I'll second that Bac!

bac1023
03-26-2011, 21:04
never been a fan of how para's look even, they are trying to hard and failing on the looks, and not trying hard enough on the quality from what I hear

I don't care much for the looks either.

Having a cast slide is just ridiculous.

bobtail1911
03-26-2011, 21:16

They use a cast slide? lol interesting... FWIW the guy who sold the gun to my stepdad told him he needs to change his recoil spring every 200 rounds :whistling: I told him I've never heard anything like that.

Big_Grumpy
03-26-2011, 22:51
Were you shooting reloads?

Narc1911
03-26-2011, 23:08
The Para Warthog is a terrible POS. I sent it back to Para to fix the FTF and FTE problems and that didn't do crap. I finally sold it last year. It never went a mag without jamming. Para's customer service blows too.

lsbbigdog
03-27-2011, 05:15
:rofl:

Yeah, The Warthog was the worst POS gun I ever owned.

Para pretty much sucks to begin with and the Warthog was probably their worst.

i agree. I hate working on them too.

panzer1
03-27-2011, 05:40
I went out shooting today with my Stepdad's Para and had lots of problems. I have never been crazy about this gun (the TS has become mushy for example) anyway but today just did it in for me. I must have had 10 malfunctions in about 25 rounds. Had several FTF's and FTE's with both of his magazines. Also, had a few occasions where the gun would not fire, even with a round in the chamber. :wow: Gun isn't all that accurate either. It was consistently left, where as my Vbob is dead on. My stepdad is set in his ways though:
B) Thinks any gun that is longer than 3 inches isn't practical for concealed carry
C) Loves this gun lol

I won't buy a para after this. Just some thoughts.Well I had a tac-four LDA that went back to para SIX TIMES & still was a pos. That gun was a pos from day one. Traded it and took a hit put glad its gone!

panzer1
03-27-2011, 05:44
The Para Warthog is a terrible POS. I sent it back to Para to fix the FTF and FTE problems and that didn't do crap. I finally sold it last year. It never went a mag without jamming. Para's customer service blows too.Did they tell you thet "its the ammo" or "the shooter". Thats the bs they gave me.

zhix
03-27-2011, 11:02
Para's customer service blows

To be sure.

Sarge43
03-27-2011, 13:55
Dangit! Just when I start thinking that they have gotten the Warthog to a workable platform (it's the ONLY Para that interests me), I see a thread like this and have to convince myself to wait ANOTHER year before picking one up. Thanks alot....... Seriuosly, I'd rather know from your current experiences than after I've laid my cash down and find out myself, so thanks.
Sarge

SouthpawShootr
03-27-2011, 15:35

Unfortunately, I didn't find out about the cast slides until I had 3 of them (a Tac-four, P13.45, and a Para CCW). Didn't make me dump them but that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. For the money you pay, major parts should not be cast. I got my Para CCW NIB for about $250 less than it would have normally been b/c the PXT models were in route and the dealer wanted to be rid of the older ones. I might have done it anyway, I don't know.:dunno: The P13.45 was used, LN and $450 and I would have probably bought it anyway.

There some really interesting pictures on TOS of fractured slides that give me the willies.:shocked::faint:

So, until Para increases their value ratio in some way and shows me something, I don't think I'll be revisiting them.

SouthpawShootr
03-27-2011, 15:39
Dangit! Just when I start thinking that they have gotten the Warthog to a workable platform (it's the ONLY Para that interests me), I see a thread like this and have to convince myself to wait ANOTHER year before picking one up. Thanks alot....... Seriuosly, I'd rather know from your current experiences than after I've laid my cash down and find out myself, so thanks.
Sarge

You got to be really weary of new, old stock with this manufacturer. There's alot of these things just sitting there on dealer's shelves. CS issues should improve now that George Wedge runs the place, but there are rumors and theories that people on the Canadian end of things intentionally caused problems when they heard they were being shutdown and moved stateside (to NC). Of course, the easy way to tell would be to either have the dealer order it direct or keep a watch on the date stamp on the spent casing.

Darkangel1846
03-27-2011, 16:30
C) Loves this gun lol

I won't buy a para after this. Just some thoughts.

I have the Para Ord P-12 LDA and its one of the best compact .45s I've ever owned. Quick, accurate, smooth trigger. The reason I got it was an upgrade from my old P-12 that actually saved my life twice. I like it better that that POS springfield compact I had.:wavey:

Sarge43
03-27-2011, 17:27
You got to be really weary of new, old stock with this manufacturer. There's alot of these things just sitting there on dealer's shelves. CS issues should improve now that George Wedge runs the place, but there are rumors and theories that people on the Canadian end of things intentionally caused problems when they heard they were being shutdown and moved stateside (to NC). Of course, the easy way to tell would be to either have the dealer order it direct or keep a watch on the date stamp on the spent casing.
Thank you for that info Southpaw, I appreciate the heads up on that.
Sarge

Oaklands
03-28-2011, 18:03
I bought a used C7.45 the other day. Had some FTF's. Went home, cleaned it good and took a little Wenol and polished the ramp. Went back to the range, put a cheap old government mag into it and it had one FTF. Through that mag to the side, then ran a variety of 12 other mags through it and it never missed a beat.

I have to say I really like the LDA trigger on it. Smooth and easy. What the heck, it is a new toy to me. I still have my 2 DW's, 2 Kimbers and my good old Metro Arms AC II. My CBOB gave me more troubles than any of them, but it is working good now as well.

This 1911 fever medicine gets costly doesn't it?