How do you carry? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How do you carry?

Zack3467
03-28-2011, 11:35
I Need help! my girlfriend has a g27 but we cant fiqure out how she can carry it with the tight, little clothes. Purse holster sounds nicee but thats the first thing thugs are goinng to grab...usally. Any ideas?

ubimow
03-28-2011, 23:22
I carry IWB (G26) and dress around it. I have never been one to carry a purse so IWB works best anyway. I have carried this way every day for the last 16 years so I'm used to it.

My sister won't carry IWB because she says it's not comfortable so she carries a G23 in a purse. She secures the strap over the head, on the opposite shoulder so it can't get taken away easily. She sewed a holster inside of it and can draw the gun very quickly.

LilWolfess
03-29-2011, 20:02
To help with specifics, I'm 5'2" and 125.

I carry a G26 IWB at 1:00 or so. I use either JoshK holster, or a Bianchi Professional Model 100. I dress around it with either a looser t-shirt, or a softshell or hoodie.

At work, I wear a Blackhawk Sherpa, with a sweatshirt, softshell, or other light jacket over it. I've been into quite a few stores and gas stations, and in general public with no one noticing or mentioning anything to me.

Leonard Smalls
03-30-2011, 10:18
“I Need help! my girlfriend has a g27 but we cant figure out how she can carry it with the tight, little clothes. Purse holster sounds nice but that’s the first thing thugs are going to grab...usually. Any ideas?”

Good luck with that one Zack.

I am a firearms instructor. I have found that all things being equal women are better students and better marksman then men. Women are better served (generally) than men, when it comes to protecting oneself with a firearm. If one is to embark upon the carrying a concealed firearm than simple, positive, safe and rapid accesses to the firearm is vital. One thing that is of utmost importance is firearm retention. An IWB system and dressing around it is the best system. To sacrifice safety and responsibility for fashion is at best silly most often dangerous and illegal. Do not have a loaded firearm without being in complete control of it at all times. This can not be accomplished with a loaded firearm in a purse.

UBIMOW
“Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.”
You got to love that.
May I add.
Be lost in a crowd of two.

LilWolfess
03-30-2011, 18:14
Good luck with that one Zack.

I am a firearms instructor. I have found that all things being equal women are better students and better marksman then men. Women are better served (generally) than men, when it comes to protecting oneself with a firearm. If one is to embark upon the carrying a concealed firearm than simple, positive, safe and rapid accesses to the firearm is vital. One thing that is of utmost importance is firearm retention. An IWB system and dressing around it is the best system. To sacrifice safety and responsibility for fashion is at best silly most often dangerous and illegal. I will try to help the silly, ignorant or just plane stupid. I ask for your forgiveness ladies as I am afflicted with inability to suffer fools lightly. Do not have a loaded firearm without being in complete control of it at all times. This can not be accomplished with a loaded firearm in a purse.

I'm going to impolitely tear you apart for posting the above.

1 - What does it matter that you are an instructor?
2 - You are ignorant of the fact that a lot of women are NOT good marksmen.
3 - You are ignorant of the fact that a lot of women are NOT better off with a gun in comparison to a man.
4 - IWB does NOT work for a lot of women. It is NOT the best. It is very foolish for you to suggest this.
4.5 - I do agree that purse carry is not a great idea. HOWEVER, it may be a woman's only option.
5 - You are obviously ignorant of the sad fact that the clothing market for women is very limited in style. We can only buy what is currently available. We RARELY fit in mens' clothing. It usually draws attention to the fact that we are trying to conceal something. There are also things such as dress codes at work. Hooters is a good example.
6 - You are a pompous, narcissistic ass for calling the original poster a fool. He very clearly is not a fool. Why would you say this?

I ask for your forgiveness ladies as I am afflicted with inability to suffer fools lightly.Seeings as you have proven yourself as an ignorant fool (see above list), how do you suffer with yourself?

PATRICE
03-30-2011, 19:06

sawgrass
03-30-2011, 20:04
I have

ubimow
03-30-2011, 20:30
[QUOTE Do not have a loaded firearm without being in complete control of it at all times. This can not be accomplished with a loaded firearm in a purse.
[/QUOTE]

This statement is nonsense. My sister carries in a purse that is carried securely and she can draw it faster from her purse than I can from IWB. It would be no easier for someone to take that purse away from her than it would be to take my gun from me IWB.

Women are different than men and many need different alternatives to carrying a firearm than IWB. You seem ignorant to this fact. It is important to have a gun PERIOD!

Leonard Smalls
03-30-2011, 20:41
[QUOTE=LilWolfess;17137827]I'm going to impolitely tear you apart for posting the above.

All of the caps man o man you yell a lot.

LilWolfess
03-30-2011, 23:13
Wow you’ve got a lot of anger.
No anger at all. I merely posted some facts that I knew may come across as offensive to you, and possibly other men. Mostly surprise, mixed with concern, and some humor thrown in there that appears to have fallen short on you.

1 - What does it matter that you are an instructor?
I know of which I speak.
Not exactly. Until you have boobs and a female body shape and reproductive system, you don't "know" very much at all. You can make suggestions based on observations. Also, you'll need to back this up before any woman, or any person on Glock Talk will give you credit. Maybe something such as where you instruct, and give us some numbers on just how many women you've successfully trained into marksmen.

2 - You are ignorant of the fact that a lot of women are NOT good marksmen.
As I have said “all things being equal”. It is my experiences that women generally do not have as many ignorant and erroneous preconceived notions as men when it comes to firearms. Therefore they usually make for better students and become marksmen sooner.
Say what you just said, not the generalized blanket statement from before. It comes across as being much more intelligent when you provide possible reasons why women may be better marksmen, instead of just implying that all women are better shooters than men.

3 - You are ignorant of the fact that a lot of women are NOT better off with a gun in comparison to a man.
Wow you got me there. I don’t understand your point.
A lot of women don't have any desire or drive to end the life of another human, even in self defense. I personally know two who have faced a horrific situation, and had a gun to defend themselves, but couldn't pull the trigger, even with ample opportunity (as stated by themselves, "I had a chance to pull the trigger...but I just...couldn't."

4 - IWB does NOT work for a lot of women. It is NOT the best. It is very foolish for you to suggest this.
“Me thinks thou doth protest too much” are you a “gun expert”?
Nope, but I am a woman, and I do carry IWB. It isn't my best option. Optimally, I am out and about in fields where I can carry OWB and not have to wear "socially acceptable" clothing in order to be allowed entrance to a building. Church is an example of this. Some Churches will shame you right out the door if you show up in clothes that might be considered casual. While I'm not arguing that they require skin-tight apparel, feminine beings are required to wear feminine clothes. Previous jobs have also required me to wear "feminine" clothes.

4.5 - I do agree that purse carry is not a great idea. HOWEVER, it may be a woman's only option.
I once saw a lady with a camera securely strapped to her, around her neck and under her arm, opposite. This was as secure as any purse could be. A dirt bag came running by snatched the camera off her in a split second. And are you ready for this? One of her ears was completely removed in the process.
Things like this do happen. It's sad. However, if she'd been more aware of her surroundings, it may not have happened. There are a great deal of less appealing options for "purse carry" than a camera case. It should be common sense to use either an ugly or non-obtrusive purse or fanny pack or any sort of case that doesn't scream, "HEY LOOK I CONTAIN A VALUABLE CAMERA!!!"

Also, one wise maker (google "CCW purse" and you'll probably find it) created a purse with kevlar in the shoulder straps so that it couldn't be slashed off so easily.

5 - You are obviously ignorant of the sad fact that the clothing market for women is very limited in style.
What? There is no great big ever changing market in women’s fashions?
There is, but it is slower than you realize. Try find me a pair of women's jeans that isn't fitted.

"We can only buy what is currently available."
Wow, don’t let reality be part of yours.
Again, if you find me some great looking jeans that aren't fitted, let me know!

"We RARELY fit in mens' clothing."
So are you saying that women can only be clothed in skintight reliving clothing? Reviling as in “printing”, that’s a concealed firearm term.
Nope, I'm saying that men's pants have the wrong waist to butt ratios. :supergrin: If I find a pair that goes over my butt, they are so loose in the waist that they don't stay on. If I find a pair that fits my waist measurement, I can't pull them up over my butt. If I force the issue and wear a belt with a butt fitting jean (which look awful even to my not stylish self), the folds of jean pinch my skin badly enough to leave welts.

I don't need to lose five pounds.

Also, "revealing" is the word you're looking for, not "reliving" or "reviling."

"It usually draws attention to the fact that we are trying to conceal something."
"usually" Not on the planet Earth.
Sorry that I used a personal example and didn't explain it. When I switched to a looser brand of clothing to conceal my Glock, my mom asked if I was pregnant.

"There are also things such as dress codes at work. Hooters is a good example."
That is a tuff problem. You make a very good point.
Dress codes are a huge bummer.

6 - You are a pompous, narcissistic ass for calling the original poster a fool. He very clearly is not a fool. Why would you say this?
I never thought that Zack is, nor did I imply or call him a fool. I am empathetic to his plight, trying to get the one you love to choose the best way to carry, over fashion. If I am empathetic and narcissistic how could I think that he is a fool?
When I read your post, I honestly thought you were calling him out as a fool. I had several people read your post alone, and asked what they thought (not mentioning anything about the thread or my opinion), and they asked, "who is the fool that this guy is talking about?" Look at the way you're words are referencing that you can't stand fools, and how you are trying to help one.

“Gun Expert” one that reads gun rags and gun catalogs, spends more money on firearms than ammunition, dose not know of which they speak yet offers up there inane information. The tragedy in this is a neophyte will often mistakenly take this information as something of value. As an example a “Gun Expert” may say something like “IWB is NOT the best”.
I'm no "Gun Expert" by your standards. However, I am fairly experienced at being a woman and dealing with the issues women deal with when trying to carry a gun. You are a man, and have experienced very very very few of the issues that women have when carrying a gun. Try public restrooms, or sitting to pee, reaching for something higher on the shelf, old friends, or new friends trying to hug you, dudes getting fresh and pawing you up, and the list goes on.

My free advice for all is to get a expert coach. Go shooting often train well. It is shot placement under stress that will get you through. It will be nearly imposable to accesses a strong hand IWB (the best, just a fact) firearm under an assault. To retrieve one from a purse will be many more times the difficulty.
You barely answer the OP's question here. You are discussing tactics and training of how to draw, whereas the OP seems to be asking where the majority of women carry their firearms.

I'm also very willing to bet that you've never carried a purse. If you have, it was probably for less than 10 minutes at a time, and the things inside it did not belong to you. Because of that, I don't trust you as an authority on that subject at all, despite our agreement about purses not being the best method of carry.

All of the caps man o man you yell a lot.

Six capitalized words equate the action of yelling a lot? I didn't know this. I prefer using capitalized letters to stress individual words. If you'd like, I can use asterisks next time since I am too lazy to use HTML on individual words. I also like how you dip from a doctorate level of language to that of a 5th grade texting genius every so often. This really makes you think that you seem like a good authority on marksmenship and how women should carry?

Leonard Smalls
03-31-2011, 01:19

Lone_Wolfe
03-31-2011, 02:16
:popcorn:

Hhmmm...a very good post. I do not carry a firearm when I am off the property...[a conscious decision that I made for myself, alone]...but, I wholeheartedly agree with you that purse-carry is oftentimes the only option to not carrying at all.

I'm inclined to think that women are quite vigilant in caring after their purses...maybe almost as much as they are about watching after their children. I think men have difficulty in grasping such vigilance (i.e., with re: to grasping something that's not directly attached to their own bodies :whistling:).

Again, LilW, a very good post.--Patrice

Hey Patrice, a while back you posted a really good case for purse carry in here. Does that post still exist? My search-fu fails me today, but that post would be really good for the OP to see. :wavey:

sawgrass
03-31-2011, 08:12
completely

wrencher
03-31-2011, 08:21
Hi Zack,
I frequently carry a G26 IWB, but I don't wear tight, fitted clothes. The G26 is a little thick for being a rather small gun.
Maybe a little thinner pistol would conceal better?
A good holster and decent belt can make all the difference, what has she been using so far?

Much as she may not want to, she may have to adjust her dress a bit, even to conceal a very small pistol.
I don't carry a purse, so can't comment on purse carry.
There is no one perfect way to carry for all of us, so much depends on the way you dress, physical size, and body type.
Big guys can get away with a lot more, I'm envious of those who can carry a full size 1911-I look like I've got a pumpkin strapped to my side.:wow:

SouthernGal
03-31-2011, 08:47
IWB with the 26, the 19 AND the 23. I can use the same holster with the 19 and the 23. A longer shirt is a MUST though. I'm 5'3" and about 117 at the moment (getting skinnier every single day). I dislike the lower rise jeans because it makes it more difficult but that's about all you can find on the racks these days. Guess I should just be thankful that I don't have a "muffin top".

I will not purse carry. This is Memphis and they can and will snatch your purse in a heartbeat. If you don't turn aloose of it, they will drag you behind the car (this has happened here several times).

SouthernGal
03-31-2011, 08:50
LW I don't think I've learned along the way "what" or "how" you carried, before Afghanistan. (I would still like to shoot the bastard who shot you)

When that guy gets his, he's going to be pissed that there are no virgins waiting on him like he was promised. It's one of those karma things...

Leonard Smalls
03-31-2011, 09:53
IWB with the 26, the 19 AND the 23. I can use the same holster with the 19 and the 23. A longer shirt is a MUST though. I'm 5'3" and about 117 at the moment (getting skinnier every single day). I dislike the lower rise jeans because it makes it more difficult but that's about all you can find on the racks these days. Guess I should just be thankful that I don't have a "muffin top".

I will not purse carry. This is Memphis and they can and will snatch your purse in a heartbeat. If you don't turn aloose of it, they will drag you behind the car (this has happened here several times).

Sage advice.

sawgrass
03-31-2011, 11:28
lost all

Silent_Runner
03-31-2011, 11:58
LW I don't think I've learned along the way "what" or "how" you carried, before Afghanistan. (I would still like to shoot the bastard who shot you)

I would enjoy that also. Shall I supply the guns or would you like to?

When that guy gets his, he's going to be pissed that there are no virgins waiting on him like he was promised. It's one of those karma things...
I believe she said all of the attackers were killed but I hope he was badly disappointed when he expected virgins.
:supergrin::supergrin:

SouthernGal
03-31-2011, 12:05
Leonard I find your need to come to the women's subforum and express your
unsolicited affirmation to the female posters offensive.

I suspect if the OP wanted to hear from you, he might have put this thread in General Firearms or GNG.

Most of the women here are very confident in their shooting ability and firearm knowledge.

I understand every city is different and I know for SURE mine is. We're consistently at the top of every crime listing they have...ahead of Compton and pretty much everyone else except Detroit. Purse snatchings and car jackings (especially during hot months) are very common in this city, and I firmly believe the criminal element searches out the perceived weakest among us--the elderly, the handicapped, and women who are distracted dealing with kids or other things.

Just last week I had a lawyer who was sitting in the salon where I get my hair colored tell me that she came home last week to find her doors open and an intruder in her house. She said she had a permit to carry but quit because she knew she'd never have the nerve to actually draw down and pull the trigger.

I however, do not have that same problem.

sawgrass
03-31-2011, 12:29
interest

SouthernGal
03-31-2011, 13:20
OP this thread drift hopefully reinforces your gf's desire to find an appropriate way to carry along with proper firearm instruction.

Agreed. OP needs to encourage his girlfriend to exercise her best judgement based on her surrounding area, the crime levels (and what kind) and what she feels comfortable with.

Leonard Smalls
03-31-2011, 13:40
Leonard I find your need to come to the women's subforum and express your
unsolicited affirmation to the female posters offensive.

I suspect if the OP wanted to hear from you, he might have put this thread in General Firearms or GNG.

Most of the women here are very confident in their shooting ability and firearm knowledge.

“Most of the women here are very confident in their shooting ability and firearm knowledge.”
It has been my experience, sad but true, that that a very small percentage of the people that are very confident in their shooting ability and firearm knowledge, truly are. And I have found that by experience with neophytes, and this may not be P.C., but per capita women more so, are led down the wrong path by people that are very confident in their shooting ability and firearm knowledge. Before I said anything in your exclusive club you have going here, I just got through working with a lady that was injured by a (sorry) woman that is very confident in her shooting ability and firearm knowledge. Also having a mother, sister, daughter and girlfriend all who are small and would be best served by defense with a concealed firearm, I do have something too add and a vested interest. I try to work mostly with victims of crime, women and seniors. Now try not to get upset. I am not implying that victims, women and seniors all of the same. I have found that (and this is no surprise to anyone) younger women will more often, but not always, sacrifice concealed firearm retention, quick sure access and safety for the pressers of there concept of fashion. This can be frustrating, but everyone has there own path. I have found that older women, and fashionably savvy, are more apt to dress around there concealed firearm. As a wise man once said “youth is wasted on the young”. Here is another one “God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal”. A women (this is a women’s forum) properly using a concealed firearm to stop an unprovoked assault is a wonderful, but very dangerous thing. Just imagine trying to get to your weapon in your purse while being assaulted. A concealed firearm can be seen in the stark light of truth, as a real tossup in terms of liability vs. protection. Concealed firearm retention and a purse, now that’s a hard sell. Beware of the “Gun Expert” they are all very confident in their shooting ability and firearm knowledge.

Sawgrass

Sorry to offend you by offering up an affirmation, but it sounds like you are one of the few that have sought out a good coach and if are not already a Pistolero, you are well on your way. I wish I could get all of my students to take dry firing as seriously as you do. Maybe you could offer up some advice to all the “Gun Experts” on the “Men’s Side”, there is an epidemic over there.
I will heed your advice and blowout.
Good Luck and Good Hunting.

Lone_Wolfe
03-31-2011, 14:16

Judging from the pics I've seen of you and the pics I've seen of the arsenal you once owned, you're not tall enough to conceal most of those guns. I still covet the pretty holster in the kitty pic but that looked like a for show open carry kind of holster. We're about the same height and a govt. 1911 digs into
my ribs.

If you find him and reshoot him can I watch? :cool: Just warn me before you whip out the gun, eh? :embarassed:

As to what and how I carried in my past life; I'm 5'4 and curvy (i.e heavy). When I lived in Arizona I rarely concealed, at least not intentionally. If my jacket covered it, so be it. When I lived where I needed to conceal I usually wore a demin shirt over my t-shirt or polo shirt. I'd leave the demin shirt untucked and unbuttoned, so it did a real good job hiding a couple pounds of metal on my hip. Other options included pocket carry or every once in a while, a shoulder holster.

Carry choices were usually a Walther P99, a S&W 640, a Keltec .380 (sorry, forget the model), or a Colt Python snub. On the occasions I carried in a shoulder holster I had a choice of revolvers including the 629 of Silent_Runner fame. I carried other guns at times, but don't remember which ones.

My holsters of choice were a Bianchi with a finger release lever for the Walther, a nylon thumbsnap flat style for the S&W or Colt, and pocket holsters of what brand I've forgotten.

The holster that my kitty used for a bed is a western style, best suited for trips to Tombstone, AZ. I lived nearby.

Actually a friend of mine made a suggestions about those virgins that I liked even better. To keep this thread open I'll give the clean version. They're hideously deformed, very well endowed gay males. :supergrin:

I believe she said all of the attackers were killed but I hope he was badly disappointed when he expected virgins.
:supergrin::supergrin:

There were 3 and 2 bodies were found, plus a trail of blood that pretty much had to belong to #3, from what I was told. The one off to the side was definitely killed, along with one of the 2 who shot at me. I have no way to know if the one who actually hit me was the one who's body was found or the owner of the blood trail. We were in a remote area, #3 almost certainly died somewhere nearby. I can't help but hope he was conscious for a while beforehand.

OK, baqck to your regularly scheduled thread. :wavey:

SouthernGal
03-31-2011, 14:34
If you find him and reshoot him can I watch? :cool: Just warn me before you whip out the gun, eh? :embarassed:

Actually a friend of mine made a suggestions about those virgins that I liked even better. To keep this thread open I'll give the clean version. They're hideously deformed, very well endowed gay males. :supergrin:

I believe those are what Beavis & Butthead called "transformers". :rofl:

sawgrass
03-31-2011, 17:43
in this

PATRICE
03-31-2011, 19:05

PATRICE
03-31-2011, 19:32

Lone_Wolfe
03-31-2011, 22:27
Hhmmm...:dunno:No, I'm afraid this is one time I regret having (as is my "wont"...since I am opposed to my leaving anything for posterity) deleted my old posts.... Unless, it was in a thread that locked-down before I could exercise my neurosis...it's gone.

Hope you're doing okay. I understand the natives are getting restless again over there.--Patrice

Yeah, it seems weird to reread a thread where you've gone back and deleted all your posts. Makes me think I've taken too many meds again.........

Yep, the natives are real restless these days. We take our bacon and eggs with a side of rockets these days. I spend quality time in bunkers a lot lately. :steamed:

Hhmmm...Yeah, LW...I kinda do remember that post...although, I can't remember what I said. Maybe I'm just getting old...but, I'd like to think that I don't remember some of this stuff because I'm not that heavily invested in my own thoughts, after the fact that is....

However, although that post is gone into the ethers...I think maybe I'll remember better on the case I made for guys NOT doing purse-carry...i.e., since many seem to have difficulty caring-after anything anything that's not directly attached to their bodies...no matter how large or Small.:cool:

Seriously though, I think that most of us do the best we can under the circumstances in which we find ourselves. In our day to day lives, we take reasonable prudence in our thoughts, actions, & choices. Every trip to the bathroom or into the outside world doesn't require outfitting ourselves like a contractor on patrol or a ninja-at-the-mall. Prudence and considered awareness are how most of us live our lives. Most of us don't live our lives in fear, or choose to live our lives in a manner that communicates to the world that we live in a constant state of fearfulness. I makes my choices; I takes my chances.... --Patrice

In the post I'm referring to someone was asking about purse vs on body carry and a few of us advocated strictly on body carry. You came in and posted the best case for purse carry that I'd ever seen and I said that in my next post. Unfortunately I don't remember the reasons you gave.

Zack3467
04-01-2011, 12:13
Thank you (to all the women that helped) I hate to see this group in a room together! haha. I still dont know about the purse deal . My girlfriend is about 5.6 and 110 pounds drenched in water. I think we can work somthing out. Most of her jeans are tight but she still has abunch of pants from diffrent stages of having our child that will fit a gun. We live in a decent part of town but 5 minutes away is straiet hood. weekly rapes, shootings, robberys etc etc. I dont really want my future wife and current daughter out and about without a gun. Luckly we are really close so we Usally dont go anywhere without the other. So she wouldnt have to carry often. But i have another question now. Shes going into massage therpy and many start out going to a clients house until they can afford a building and build a clientel. SO how would you carry in scrubs/sweats? They are very baggy but no belt or support? How them concealed shirts work? belly bands comfy?

P.S Easy on the arguing..were prolly all ignorant to some extent

Zack3467
04-01-2011, 12:17
The only reason it seems men are any better at gun handling is becausse there are more men shooting. we all have the same potential. Kinda like ballet or decorating.. men can do a great job. but most dont like ballet and decorating. there are just more women doin it.

sawgrass
04-01-2011, 12:18
thread.

PATRICE
04-02-2011, 04:34

Lone_Wolfe
04-02-2011, 05:56
Hhmmm....I'm inclined to think the person who initiated this thread simply wanted our opinion with re: to how he can facilitate getting his SO to carry in a manner that he approves. Judging by his initial post & post #30, he clearly has a bias against purse carry. Frankly, I think he & L'W'less' antagonist should PM one another; I don't see much difference in their perspectives, other than L'W'less' antagonist being less personable & more evangelical in his opposition to "purse-carry."

I'm wondering why our initial poster's SO isn't in this forum, asking her own questions. Personable though he may be, I'm thinking that the person who initiated this thread is working his own agenda here.

Sometimes, I think I'm just going to give up....--Patrice

Unfortunately that's all too common, the SO's never come around. So we can only hope they at least get to read all our different idea based on what their guy asked of us.

Don't give up, we need all the ladies we can get! :wavey:

PATRICE
04-02-2011, 09:45

Lone_Wolfe
04-02-2011, 09:55
Hhmmm....Yes, I know. It's just that I find it depressing (i.e., in the conventional, non-clinical parlance). I suspect that if the female SO's aren't the ones coming in here to ask their own questions....I'm suspecting that perhaps the whole gun thing is not their idea at all, but rather their male counterparts. That is "their women" possibly aren't curious/struggling about the best way to carry, "their women" possibly don't want to carry at; "their women" possibly don't want to even, necessarily own a gun at all....It just seems that in perhaps many cases...the whole gun thing is being foisted on a poor female-counterpart, and the women in this sub-forum are being used to further the male-counterpart's agenda.

Professionally, I'm really into the whole Self-Determination thing, which outside of work...we just call Freedom. I figure that if someone truly wants to do something, they will embrace it--if not, they'll walk away. [I walked out of a concealed carry licensing class...just deciding it wasn't for me & I wasn't going to do it just to accede to someone else's expectations.]

I don't like being pressured, manipulated, or otherwise having someone else's will imposed on me---and I know this is probably just projection on my part...but I hate to see it done to other people (although, I suppose I could ultimately rationalize it as their self-determination:dunno:).--Patrice
:therapy:

I can certainly see where you're coming from. After all I don't own guns either, inspite of being a member of a gun forum. In fact I've taken a few swats at people who criticize people who make the choice to be unarmed for whatever reason. But I do support people being informed of both their rights to be armed and the risks taken by choosing not to. I don't think anyone should walk around in condition white. I just wish everyone had the strength you had when you chose to walk out of that class because you decided it wasn't for you.

PATRICE
04-02-2011, 09:59

Lone_Wolfe
04-02-2011, 10:05
Darn...sorry LW, I was still editing, when you did your post....--Patrice

Hey no problem there, I just happened to click at the wrong moment and got the short version. The only thing I'll add to your edit is Ms Zack might be benefited by borrowing different guns or holsters from Zack so she doesn't have to learn the expensive what what fits her best. When I get back to the States I have a big box of holsters to put on ebay because I didn't have that option. :embarassed:

Zack3467
04-02-2011, 15:26
Yup...just looking for ideas. I have a busy life so it gets kind of hard to read every 5 minutes. But my SO was right behind me during the original post. We were trying to figure out a decent way to carry this little 27 when i said...HEY i just joined glock talk and they have a womens issues fourm...Who better to ask then a decent female group that carrys guns them self. I thought it would be a little easyer then trying to fish through the thousands of holsters on the market. Plus you cant post for the first few days you have a account here so why not use mine. Iv been checking.

Jeepnik
04-02-2011, 15:41
Many moons ago, my boys are now full grown former Marines, if that gives you an idea of how long ago, my wife figured out that a diaper bag is a wonderful place to conceal a firearm. No one looks twice at a woman carrying one. And, I imagine few "purse snatchers" would want a bag containing heaven only know what.

She did this for years until a neice mentioned that she really didn't seem "young" enough to have an infant. Yea, I know she could be Grandma out with the grand baby.

Today, she uses a specially made carry purse. Perfect, no, but what is? She does, at times, use a shoulder holster. When weather permits, this is SoCal, so that it doesn't look out of place, a light jacket or blazer conceals a 2" .38 nicely. In fact, she insists that a woman of her build can conceal a handgun better this way than most men.

One thing my wife has discovered, is that a strong side high riding holster is difficult to draw from. Her torso just isn't long enough to make it easy. But, drawing from a high riding crossdraw work very well. So, have you girlfriend give this a try, she may find it works well.

Oh, my better half sometimes carries in the cross draw position under a billowy blouse with buttons down the front. She has a couple in which the button are decorative and the blouse is held closed by snaps. A quick pull and she has access to her handgun. She may show her unmentionables when she does this, but that's sorta a minor concern should she need a handgun.

sawgrass
04-02-2011, 17:12
Hey no problem there, I just happened to click at the wrong moment and got the short version. The only thing I'll add to your edit is Ms Zack might be benefited by borrowing different guns or holsters from Zack so she doesn't have to learn the expensive what what fits her best. When I get back to the States I have a big box of holsters to put on ebay because I didn't have that option. :embarassed:

I'M CALLING DIBS ON THE KITTY HOLSTER RIGHT NOW!
and oh...I'm not yelling.:rofl:

Lone_Wolfe
04-02-2011, 17:38
I'M CALLING DIBS ON THE KITTY HOLSTER RIGHT NOW!
and oh...I'm not yelling.:rofl:

Patrice, you raised a few interesting points. We're pawns.

:animlol: :rofl:

You do know that the kitty's not included, right? :cat:

ubimow
04-02-2011, 18:31
Thank you (to all the women that helped) I hate to see this group in a room together! haha. I still dont know about the purse deal . My girlfriend is about 5.6 and 110 pounds drenched in water. I think we can work somthing out. Most of her jeans are tight but she still has abunch of pants from diffrent stages of having our child that will fit a gun. We live in a decent part of town but 5 minutes away is straiet hood. weekly rapes, shootings, robberys etc etc. I dont really want my future wife and current daughter out and about without a gun. Luckly we are really close so we Usally dont go anywhere without the other. So she wouldnt have to carry often. But i have another question now. Shes going into massage therpy and many start out going to a clients house until they can afford a building and build a clientel. SO how would you carry in scrubs/sweats? They are very baggy but no belt or support? How them concealed shirts work? belly bands comfy?

P.S Easy on the arguing..were prolly all ignorant to some extent

I carried a Glock 19 IWB in scrubs every day while I was in nursing school. Place the gun (IWB holster) not only inside the scrubs but also your underwear and it gives it MUCH more support. Tighten the draw string and you are good to go. Nobody ever knew I had the gun and it was never bothersome to me at all.

Zack3467
04-02-2011, 19:41
Jeepnik! Your brilliant. Thats the best damn idea yet. We have a baby, its perfect. Just sow in a holster and make it safe.

Zack3467
04-02-2011, 19:45
Pat on the back to you or your SO. wow, so simple im pissed i didnt think of it. this will take care of a good 80 percent of the time. the rest shes willing to dress around and its jacket wheather here 6 or 7 mounths out of the year. thank you again

PATRICE
04-03-2011, 07:54

Zack3467
04-03-2011, 08:27
Not always. Depends on the situation

ubimow
04-04-2011, 00:34
Hhmmm,do you always express yourself using such words, online or in the non-virtual world?--Patrice

I see absolutely nothing wrong with his comments. It seems you have some kind of serious problem relating to others, however. :upeyes:

Do you always come off as a ***** when you express yourself online or in the non-virtual world?

Damn and pissed? Really? What are you, Amish or something?

PATRICE
04-04-2011, 04:27

MrsKitty
04-04-2011, 05:00
I think the cross-draw idea is good, as well. I wear a holster in a cross-draw position, when I'm walking the property with the St. Bernard.

Hhmmm....Hello; Well no, I'm not Amish. I am Roman Catholic, although it has been many years since I went to Mass. I was under the impression that such words about such as I made inquiry were not countenanced by GT & other forums; I'm thinking that it might be especially frowned upon in a women's subforum.

Thank you for "asterisk'ing" out your descriptor, in the quote above. Something I believe we share is an understanding of the rules (whether they be explicit or merely implicit) of polite conversation.

In terms of whether such language is appropriate to GT in general & this subforum in particular, I'll leave that decision to the moderators. I made a report re: both of the offending words shortly after I posted my inquiry to Mr. Z.

I see nothing wrong in being Amish.

You seem to be an interesting person, and I would be happy to converse with you in PM's over a virtual cup of tea, sometime. [I'm dying to ask though...Your signature line...do you really have a plan to kill everyone you meet? {Shudder]--Patrice

[My ignore list is growing so...I don't know what to do....]:whistling:

Actually, the words pissed and damn are not filtered words while the five letter word is. That's why you see *****, unless he just typed out the five asterisks instead of the letters.

Lone_Wolfe
04-04-2011, 05:18
I think the cross-draw idea is good, as well. I wear a holster in a cross-draw position, when I'm walking the property with the St. Bernard.

Hhmmm....Hello; Well no, I'm not Amish. I am Roman Catholic, although it has been many years since I went to Mass. I was under the impression that such words about such as I made inquiry were not countenanced by GT & other forums; I'm thinking that it might be especially frowned upon in a women's subforum.

Thank you for "asterisk'ing" out your descriptor, in the quote above. Something I believe we share is an understanding of the rules (whether they be explicit or merely implicit) of polite conversation.

In terms of whether such language is appropriate to GT in general & this subforum in particular, I'll leave that decision to the moderators. I made a report re: both of the offending words shortly after I posted my inquiry to Mr. Z.

You seem to be an interesting person, and I would be happy to converse with you in PM's over a virtual cup of tea, sometime. [I'm dying to ask though...Your signature line...do you really have a plan to kill everyone you meet? {Shudder]--Patrice

Hey PATRICE, we can't PM you over virtual tea, you turned them off again. :sigh:

And it's the GT swear filters that * out certain words, usually not the poster. The ones in the posts above are GT legal. I was just thinking you wouldn't want to be in a room with me when I'm having one of my moments......... :innocent: :wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
04-04-2011, 05:35
Actually, the words pissed and damn are not filtered words while the five letter word is. That's why you see *****, unless he just typed out the five asterisks instead of the letters.

Oops, you posted faster than me. :embarassed:

Hiya Mrs Kitty! :wavey:

ubimow
04-04-2011, 05:40

Well, no there is nothing wrong with being Amish. That was just a joke.

As far as my sig line...I would certainly kill anyone who threatened me or my family with violence. I am always aware of my surroundings and yes, I do know what I would do in most situations if something bad were to happen. So I like the quote, although maybe a bit exaggerated.

Jeepnik
04-04-2011, 15:11
And now back to Zack's question. My wife mentioned that she really likes to carry my little NAA .22 mag mini revolver as a backup. No wonder I can't ever find it.:supergrin: In loose shorts or pants, she pocket carries it in a pocket holster. Though, she has tried an ankle holster. The problem is mostly that women's fashions are usually tighter fitting around the ankle than men's. But you never know, bell bottoms might make a comeback at any time.

PATRICE
04-04-2011, 18:12

PATRICE
04-04-2011, 19:09

PATRICE
04-04-2011, 19:16

ubimow
04-04-2011, 20:25
Patricia,
I am sorry but it seems to me that you have a serious problem judging people and seem to have some kind of severe emotional disorder. I hope you get help for your problem, if only for the sake of all other human beings who have to deal with you.

BTW, my sig line is a slogan used by the U.S. Marine Corp.

I owe
04-04-2011, 20:40
Patricia,
I am sorry but it seems to me that you have a serious problem judging people and seem to have some kind of severe emotional disorder. I hope you get help for your problem, if only for the sake of all other human beings who have to deal with you.

BTW, my sig line is a slogan used by the U.S. Marine Corp.

AMEN and AMEN!!!!!!

Zack3467
04-05-2011, 21:28
we dont know about the ankle holster. it seems like it could be hard to get to quickly. Anyone try the shirts with the pocket/holster built in? were gonna buy a few diffrent ones for diffrent situations. i like the baby bag and inner thigh with a dress.

LilWolfess
04-06-2011, 10:24
None of the ankle holsters fit me unless I push them up further on my calf until they are just below my knee. A subcompact glock would never fit there.

Jeepnik
04-07-2011, 20:38
we dont know about the ankle holster. it seems like it could be hard to get to quickly. Anyone try the shirts with the pocket/holster built in? were gonna buy a few diffrent ones for diffrent situations. i like the baby bag and inner thigh with a dress.

The wife only uses the ankle holster for a second gun. And like I said, not often, as styles don't seem to allow right not.

ExxoticOne
04-08-2011, 06:58
What are you, Amish or something?

I have a T-shirt with that on it. :rofl: Only it's says "WTF" before that. :rofl:

Lone_Wolfe
04-10-2011, 16:49
Hhmmm....Well, I think there are some places when "expletives" shouldn't be used. I'm inclined to think that a public forum on the internet is one such place. I'm still a bit taken aback to know that the asterisks are not, by & large, an attempt by individuals to "self-moderate." In my ignorance, I seem to have been giving many persons credit that was not due.

In terms of someone having a "moment," rants are just that---a means of expressing oneself. So, I don't think that such an event in the room you mentioned would be problematic. [Besides, a friend is a friend is a friend...regardless....] Otherwise, I think it does reflect badly on an individual to use vulgarities to express oneself, other than in a rant or as a rhetorical device.

But in terms of GT...if GT doesn't have a problem with some vulgarities, who am I to continue my chidding...? I'll simply place additional individuals on my ignore list (i.e., those individuals who haven't the vocabulary/consideration to express themselves without resorting to such speech).

In terms of virtual-tea...the person I referenced...I put said individual on my ignore-list. I got to thinking about the signature line...so, not interested. However, for selected individuals, I could quietly PM my personal email address.

I wish I could think of something relevant to this thread, but I'm afraid I've exhausted my thoughts on the subject. Rather than continuing to be a distraction to the thread's theme, I'm going to declare this to be my last post in this thread.--Patrice

I'll just say that you probably don't want to hang in GNG much, the filters work over time there. And don't feel like you have to leave the thread, you probably have a lot of good input, and more than I do for sure. :wavey:

Melissa5
04-11-2011, 14:57
I don't wear really tight pants so I don't know if Smart carry/Thunderwear would be a good option or not. That's how I carry while in sweat pants and shorts.

Zack3467
04-11-2011, 22:09
hey mellisa...what do u use for sweats? cuz whatever you use would work for scrubs to

Melissa5
04-12-2011, 17:45
hey mellisa...what do u use for sweats? cuz whatever you use would work for scrubs to

I use a device that is kind of like a little apron/fanny pack that you wear under your pants. It has a pocket for your gun and a pocket for your spare mag.

This is the one I've got http://www.concealmentconceptsholsters.com/lowrider.html

http://www.smartcarry.com/

http://www.thunderwear.com/

ubimow
04-12-2011, 23:28
Every day carry is a Glock 26 IWB. Occasionally a Kel Tec .380 in my back pocket.

SouthernGal
04-13-2011, 14:28
This is on older pic but I still own and use the holster (with a G23 now)

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/ratchinator/IMG_0045-1.jpg