Springfield Armory for duty carry? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Armory for duty carry?

La26
03-28-2011, 17:05
I am looking at a used Springfield Armory Trophy Match in .45 cal that I can get for a good deal. What is your opinion on that particular weapon as a Uniformed Duty weapon? Are there any features (since it is called a Match gun) that would make it unsuitable for LE Duty ?

Mas Ayoob
03-29-2011, 13:57
I couldn't think of any, and to the best of my knowledge the Trophy Match is constructed to the same build quality as the Tactical Response Pistol geared for LE use. I ran it by Dave Williams at Springfield Armory Custom Shop, and he had this to say:

"The Trophy Match is indeed built to the same specs as our TRP line of pistols which are awesome LE/carry pistols…The only issue he may have is that TM is fitted with a target adjustable rear sight which has quite a large blade which some find hindering for carry/ concealment… The TM comes from the factory with a 4.5# minimum trigger pull which we consider the minimum wt. for a carry piece…The TM being one of our premier production pistols is built to tighter tolerances than some of our other less enhanced offerings but this should not be considered a hindrance to reliability…The Professional Model which is a full custom pistol with much tighter tols than the TM/TRP line has earned the reputation as the ultimate carry pistol. I hope this helps…

All the best,

Dave"

Special thanks to Dave Williams!

best,
Mas

La26
03-29-2011, 16:00
Yes sir, it does help. Thank you for taking the time to research before you replied. I know you are very busy, and your input in this Forum is much more appreciated than I could express in words.