Crimson Trace LG 417 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace LG 417

CBH
03-28-2011, 18:15
I'd like to hear from some one that has actually used, or at least handled, a Glock with the Crimson Trace LG 417 and also a Glock with the Crimson Trace LG 619. Which one feels the best in your hand, and why?
I'm thinking about ordering the 417. Is the 417 any thinner than the 619, and does it activate easily?

up1911fan
03-29-2011, 11:10
I don't have either one but plan on picking up a LG417 to try out, sorry that doesn't help.

CBH
03-29-2011, 13:18
I can't find out from any where! I have emailed Crimson Trace but they have not responded. I'll post here if they do!

crzn01
03-29-2011, 13:58
Had the LG-417 on a G23 Gen 3 that I traded in for a G23 Gen 4 in January. Sadly it did not fit the Gen 4 so I had to sell it. I saw no real difference in the grip, I liked the on & off switch, once on the switch to activate it was on the front of the grip & I had it sighted in at 21 ft.
The LG-619 had no on & off switch it comes on every time you gripped the weapon, the activation switch was on the back strap.
Your best bet is the LG-417, you won't be sorry..............

I'm hoping they come out with one that will fit the G23 Gen 4 in the LG-417 style.

(Check on line, you can get it cheaper than you do if you order it from Crimson Trace. also you are still covered by the Crimson Trace warranty)

CBH
03-29-2011, 16:03
That's good to hear, because I went ahead and ordered the LG-417 ! :supergrin:
Thanks!

up1911fan
03-29-2011, 20:59
Looking forward to your report....

barstoolguru
03-29-2011, 21:22
I got a c/t on my Ruger lcp and I love it but went with a cheapy on the glock from e-bay (low funds) 20.00 and it lock on the rail of my 23 and works just as good with the exception of the grip switch but for 20.00 you can’t go wrong

CBH
04-05-2011, 12:13
I received and installed the Crimson LG-417 on my G19. It works great, and the activation button is in the perfect location, on the front of the grip under the trigger guard (photo 2). I like the power on/off button on the left side of the grip (photo #1) that allows you to not use the laser if you are practicing and want to save the batteries. The laser is bright and can be seen on my targets during daylight hours outdoors.
There are two things that I am not totally pleased with. One is the extra thickness of the grip due to a battery being encased on each side of the grip as seen in photo #1, and second is the beaver tail style mount. It forces you to grasp the pistol grip lower than normal as you can see in photos #3 and #4.
The more I handle it, the more I'm getting used to it.

GR8GLOCKS
04-05-2011, 15:18
I received and installed the Crimson LG-417 on my G19. It works great, and the activation button is in the perfect location, on the front of the grip under the trigger guard (photo 2). I like the power on/off button on the left side of the grip (photo #1) that allows you to not use the laser if you are practicing and want to save the batteries. The laser is bright and can be seen on my targets during daylight hours outdoors.
There are two things that I am not totally pleased with. One is the extra thickness of the grip due to a battery being encased on each side of the grip as seen in photo #1, and second is the beaver tail style mount. It forces you to grasp the pistol grip lower than normal as you can see in photos #3 and #4.

The Crimson Trace LaserGrips won't fit on my Gen4 G19 but the LaserGuard will. The LaserGuard won't fit the holster. I hope they come out with a model for the Gen4 soon.

got2hav1
04-05-2011, 18:00

You will get used to it. I have the LG619 on mine and it felt to big at first but after shooting it all day in a advanced class, I wouldn't have any thing else. In fact I ordered another on for my 17. You will be pleased with CT.

skdmrklcy
04-06-2011, 10:31
I just got the 619 and I actually am thinking or ordering the 417 instead. I am not sure it will fix my issue though. I actually just have a problem with the laser getting in the way of racking the slide. I think the Grip feels much better in hand.

I may keep it though and try to get used to it. What to do!

ctcdesigner
04-06-2011, 11:40
I just got the 619 and I actually am thinking or ordering the 417 instead. I am not sure it will fix my issue though. I actually just have a problem with the laser getting in the way of racking the slide. I think the Grip feels much better in hand.

I may keep it though and try to get used to it. What to do!

The LG417 does give more room for your fingers when racking the slide. One of the many improvements of the 417.

up1911fan
04-06-2011, 12:00
I called CTC yesterday confirm that the LG417 wouldn't fit a Gen4, even when using the backstrap that replicates the Gen3 grip. Asked if anything was in the works for the Gen4 and was told not currently and atleast 6 month's out if at all. I was planning on adding a few Gen4's but may reconsider on any that will be used for ccw.

jadickson
04-16-2011, 05:16
I ordered the 417 for my Glock 19, but am returning it because I found the button is not sensitive enough. I feel like I have to squeeze too hard to make the laser turn on. Am I alone here?

edit: I tried the 619 at Bass Pro Shop today and the button was much easier / more natural to push FOR ME. I will order one as soon as I get the refund from the 417.

BuckyP
04-24-2011, 18:07
I have the LG-629 from my G30, which is the same as the LG-617/619. The issue I have it that the "dot" will actually move depending on how tight I grip the gun. I've been looking at the LG-417 form my G17 and thing that this design may not have the issue that the "back" mounted style does..? :dunno: