G20 mags in a G29 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G20 mags in a G29

leo.instructor
03-29-2011, 13:27
Mas,
Thank you for sharing your insight and knowledge in this forum! I read one of your posts that it was not a good idea to use the full size G20 mags in the sub-compact G29 and can not recall an explanation. This topic was not covered in the Armorers, Advanced Armorers or Instructor class. My daily carry is a G29 with the reloads being the full size G20 mags. I just want to make sure that if I need a reload it's gonna go "bang" and not "click". I train with the above setup but "range conditions" are a far cry from "real world" conditions. Thanks in advance!!

Mas Ayoob
03-30-2011, 08:48
I was told years ago by a Glock Armorers School instructor not to use G20 mags in G29s, because supposedly they were not reliable therein. After getting your message, I checked with Smyrna today, and they advise there should be no problem so long as the now protruding magazine is not used as a monopod or anything like that.

They also recommend, as I do, that you shoot a bunch of rounds through the longer magazines in the short-butt pistol, to confirm reliability with the loads you'll be carrying in it.

Best of luck,
Mas

leo.instructor
04-03-2011, 13:01
Mas,
Thanks for comfirming! I have logged several thousand rounds through the 29 with the 20 mags without a hiccup so therein lied the question of reliability. Just wanted to cover all the bases. Thanks again!!!