We can carry in restaurants now! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : We can carry in restaurants now!

Disregarded9-side
03-30-2011, 17:14
Boom:

http://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/story/9358621/

Major victory today; especially for those of us that live downtown and weren't able to leave the house with a gun because of past laws in place.

That sketchy park or parking deck on my walk home that used to be off limits for carry is now safe! I often walk to eat out with friends downtown, on the walk back at 11PM+ I clutch a Surefire...no mas!

beancounter81
03-30-2011, 18:12
Not yet - it has only passed the House. Still has to be considered in the Senate. Doesn't take effect until Dec. 1 if it passes (unless this gets changed in Senate).

HexHead
03-30-2011, 18:26
Will the restaurants be able to post? Might dash your hopes, especially downtown.

beancounter81
03-30-2011, 18:32
Will the restaurants be able to post? Might dash your hopes, especially downtown.

My understanding is that restaurants will be able to post just like any other business. This bill just removes the legal prohibition currently in the statute.

NC Bullseye
03-30-2011, 19:28
Got a LONG way to go before it becomes law. Minimum is December 1 of 2011 and that's IF it gets through the senate.

Yes, the restaurants will be able to post no firearms just like any other business.

ncglock19
03-30-2011, 19:40
Here's to the Senate passing it soon.

I'd also hope they'd reintroduce the Bill allowing us to keep a firearm securely stored in our vehicle no matter where it's parked. Right now, anyone planning on playing golf, tennis, softball, or going to the gym right after work have no problem putting their equipment in the back of their vehicle, but because I want to go to the range, I have to drive home, grab my shooting gear, and go to the range. What a waste of gas and time.

nc19

3.slow
03-30-2011, 22:02
We can carry into restaurants in AZ as long as the business owner does not post some version of no guns allowed.

. . . but the penalty for being caught in a restaurant that bans firearms is being asked to leave. If you refuse to leave, the police can be called and you will be charged with trespassing. For me, its the out of site, out of mind mentality. I'm going to carry everywhere I'm damn well allowed to within reason ( will not ever carry into bars, or have a gun on me when drinking).
I wish you guys well, maybe you will be able to defend yourself in a restaurant here soon

1911gobang
03-31-2011, 10:17
If I understood the bills correctly I think that parked car thing is in there too. The leg's are trying to get a bill passed that would prohibit employers from not allowing employees to keep weapons in their locked cars. In other words, the parking lot is the business' private property, and the car is the employee's property. Just another positive step to a full blown castle doctrine in NC. Hopefully, soon, they will also do away with all of the BS laws that limit how and when you can legally defend yourself in your own home or on your own property. Personally I would much rather hose a scumbag's brain matter off of the porch instead of having to replace carpet, drywall, sanding and painting.....Damn that mandatory retreat thing.....
If the SOB is on your property in the first place, then he should do so at his own peril, and a law abiding citizen protecting his home, property and family should not be criminalized AT ALL!! As far as carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, I can wait until after Dec 1 to go back into Joe's Crab Shack or Red Lobster with my blaster. I'll just keep my pepper blasters in my pocket until then.

Kinda funny ain't it? We obey the law and leave our guns at home or in the car, and the scumbag bad guys are sitting at the next table drinking their Jaeger Bombs with their "gats" in their waistbands. The BG's don't care about the laws and they never will, but the republican legislature that we have been in such dire need for has finally started to level the legal playing field for the good people of NC.

Later!!

LarryNC
04-02-2011, 12:37
If it does make it through the senate...I wonder if our Democrat Governor will veto it? Hopefully our Democrats are all Blue Dogs :supergrin:

cowboywannabe
04-02-2011, 12:40
slowly youre coming back to be a southern state....

jadickson
04-04-2011, 12:54
I agree with the change, as long as will still be illegal to drink while carrying.

trcubed
04-04-2011, 16:25
I agree with the change, as long as will still be illegal to drink while carrying.

It will be. That portion of the law will not change.

JackMac
04-09-2011, 08:23
If a restaurant "posts" then I'll take my business elsewhere to enjoy my "toast". I tell them that too, any business, just so they'll know it and be cognizant of the fact they lost at least one customer that day. Jack

trcubed
04-09-2011, 08:51
Try scattering these around. They work best when handed to a manager.

The doc attachment is an Avery template if you want to print your own.

GMT
04-20-2011, 04:57

Excellent

3.slow
04-20-2011, 18:26
AHHAHA, thats classic!

Disregarded9-side
04-20-2011, 22:11
Hopefully our Democrats are all Blue Dogs :supergrin:

Lulz.

Fret not.

LarryNC
04-20-2011, 22:17

Thank you.