Dropped the hammer on a custom.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dropped the hammer on a custom....

Buckfever4life
03-31-2011, 05:16
Well, I drove to LST (Lightning Strike Technologies) yesterday and placed my custom build order with Dustin Bonar (formerly from Novaks Shop). Luckily LST and Novaks are just a few minutes from my home. I ordered the LST Gaboon 5" 45 ACP with all the bells and whistles. I have to wait 8 weeks +/- for the build to be complete. I will keep you updated on any progress report. This will be my FIRST actual custom 1911 (unless you consider Kimber Custom Shop a "Custom")...lol..

Here is a list of the work:

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="35%"></TD><TD width="65%">
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="35%"> </TD><TD width="65%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD width="35%">

Caspian Slide and Frame
Any Novak Sight Set
Carry Bevel
Reliability Package
Trigger Job
Flatten Top of Slide
Match Trigger
S & A mag well
Ed Brown mag catch
Bar-Sto Bushing or Ed Brown
Ed Brown Thumb Safety
S & A Grip Safety
Kart or Bar-Sto Barrel
Commander Hammer
Wolff Springs
Match Extractor
Slide to frame
Slash cut front of slide
L.S.T. Bushing Mod and Spring Plug
Slash cut mag catch
L.S.T. Aluminum Grips
L.S.T. Logo
Novaks Adjustable Sight Set
Refinish in Black Parkerizing
Novaks Grip Screws
2 Novaks mags
Crown Barrel
GPJ Safety Conversion
Any Caliber
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- / message -->

thecableguy
03-31-2011, 05:18
WOW that is going to be sweet. :thumbsup:

bac1023
03-31-2011, 05:42
Looks to be a winner.

Congrats! :cool:

Rinspeed
03-31-2011, 07:45
Do you suppose Dustin is the son of the late Joe Bonar.

TKR Reptiles
03-31-2011, 07:59
Sounds BA!!! That should be a smoker!!!

MD357
03-31-2011, 07:59
Looks like a list of options more than work. Unless "Any" is a brand.

BuckyP
03-31-2011, 08:05
8 weeks is a nice turnaround. Looking forward to pics!

R0CKETMAN
03-31-2011, 08:06
Nice, how much?...and have you thought of another finish besides park? Ion maybe

up1911fan
03-31-2011, 08:14
I woulda went with a Novak build.

TxGlock9
03-31-2011, 08:52
pictures please.

Buckfever4life
04-01-2011, 06:16
Do you suppose Dustin is the son of the late Joe Bonar

Yes indeed, Joe taught Dustin well. Dustin was the lead pistolsmith at Novaks after his dads passing.

I woulda went with a Novak build.

Considering the price difference vs same quality/craftsmanship, I could not pass up the L.S.T., besides, Dustin is the one who built all the Novak Customs for many years. Dustin went on his own to do his own thing under his own name. Dustin is offering a custom pistol at an affordable price. There are alot of people who can not afford a Novak build and Dustin has taken this into consideration as well.

Nice, how much?...and have you thought of another finish besides park? Ion maybe

I am going with a two-tone Black over OD Green Duracoat over Park.

Here is the website: http://www.lstfirearms.com/lst/index.htm

I may decide to change the finish at some point.

Looks like a list of options more than work. Unless "Any" is a brand.

Should say "standard package" instead of "list of options"

pictures please.

Here is a website that features pictures of the gun
http://ameblo.jp/westernarms/entry-10468507809.html

Here is the article in American Handgunner Magazine. The authors pistol is the one featured in the above link I do believe
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BTT/is_2_34/ai_n56222521/

polizei1
04-01-2011, 08:46
What is up with the dustcover angled cut? :wow:

Quack
04-01-2011, 09:13

whats up with having these things done? :tongueout:

Flush fit extractor
Re-crown flush
Carry Bevel
Countersunk slide stop

Buckfever4life
04-01-2011, 09:25

It shortens the cycling distance and time...read the article on this gun for more info...http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BTT/is_2_34/ai_n56222521/

polizei1
04-01-2011, 09:35
whats up with having these things done? :tongueout:

Hey at least it doesn't have a Quack-u-trigger on it. :tongueout:

Quack
04-01-2011, 09:38
Hey at least it doesn't have a Quack-u-trigger on it. :tongueout:

it serve's a purpose unlike your cosmetics :tongueout:

Quack
04-01-2011, 09:47
try this:

with your trigger finger, put it near the top of the trigger and pull. you should notice that more pressure is on the top of your trigger finger.
now put your trigger finger at the bottom of the trigger and pull. now more pressure is put at the bottom of the finger.
if you aren't putting you trigger finger in the exact same spot each time, there will a a slight variance in the pressure of your trigger finger.

now with a flat trigger, you can put your finger anywhere on the trigger and it will have the same pressure on the trigger finger. :)

Sarge43
04-01-2011, 10:08
The angled dust cover is uber cool. As for my trigger finger, I have decent motor skills and can get my finger on the trigger at the same point each time without the need to lower the skill level required for the job at hand. We should call the flat trigger the "Obama plan trigger". Quack, you know I'm joking (at least I hope you do). You've found something that makes your shooting experience better, and that's all that matters. I just had to throw a barb that's all. ;) Sorry if the "Obama" line is over the top.

On the pistol, that thing sounds sweet! I didn't see "kitchen sink" on the list anywhere though. :D
Looking forward to pics when she's done!

lawdog734
04-01-2011, 12:03
The angled dust cover is uber cool. As for my trigger finger, I have decent motor skills and can get my finger on the trigger at the same point each time without the need to lower the skill level required for the job at hand. We should call the flat trigger the "Obama plan trigger". Quack, you know I'm joking (at least I hope you do). You've found something that makes your shooting experience better, and that's all that matters. I just had to throw a barb that's all. ;) Sorry if the "Obama" line is over the top.

On the pistol, that thing sounds sweet! I didn't see "kitchen sink" on the list anywhere though. :D
Looking forward to pics when she's done!

You can make it up to him by sending him a pair of grips....

Quack
04-01-2011, 12:16
You can make it up to him by sending him a pair of grips....

:supergrin:

RMA
04-01-2011, 12:19
I heard about LST last summer after reading a writeup on Dustin and his father w the whole Novak background history. I was considering placing an order myself at the time considering the prices were pretty reasonable for a full custom build. He names all his builds after snakes being he keeps them as pets if I'm not mistaken.

Eric
04-01-2011, 13:24
You two gives this feud a rest or I am going to ban you both.