Dillon mistake [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dillon mistake

shotgunred
04-01-2011, 19:46
I guess even Dillon makes mistakes. I went to switch my 650 from 9mm to 40SW for the first time today. The only problem is only two number 2 buttons. I have had that caliber conversion sitting on a shelf for well over a month and never opened it. I guess it serves me right for not inventorying it until I wanted to use it. I sure hope the local dealer has one I can buy. I know Dillon will send me one I just wanted to load up some ammo for the weekend.

unclebob
04-01-2011, 20:08
Just leave the button out of station 3. I have been loading without the pin there for years and have not had a case fall out yet. Unless you load faster than 700rds an hour. Plus if something goes wrong there is no button to pull to check the case.

GioaJack
04-01-2011, 20:15
Obviously you a telling a deliberate falsehood or you are mistaken... Dillon never makes mistakes.

The 1050 they delivered a few weeks ago didn't have a primer pick-up tube or the primer follower rod and the feed bowl micro switch was bad on this one also but I don't consider it a mistake... just an oversight. :whistling:

One phone call corrected everything.

Jack

bush pilot
04-01-2011, 20:42
Dillon does make mistakes. I recently ordered some primer pick-up tubes and thought there should have been a 1050 in the box, there wasn't. When I called Dillon the rep said to go wait on the porch, the press would be along anytime. What service!!!

Colorado4Wheel
04-01-2011, 21:19
I guess even Dillon makes mistakes. I went to switch my 650 from 9mm to 40SW for the first time today. The only problem is only two number 2 buttons. I have had that caliber conversion sitting on a shelf for well over a month and never opened it. I guess it serves me right for not inventorying it until I wanted to use it. I sure hope the local dealer has one I can buy. I know Dillon will send me one I just wanted to load up some ammo for the weekend.

You have a spare in your caliber conversion kit. So assuming your prepared you don't have a problem.

Boxerglocker
04-01-2011, 21:25
You have a spare in your caliber conversion kit. So assuming your prepared you don't have a problem.

I think that was the point.... they only had 2 each of the buttons in the box. 650 they normally have 3... my .223 came with 4.