Pic request: Tritium front + stock Glock rear [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pic request: Tritium front + stock Glock rear

pbs357
04-03-2011, 12:41
Anyone here using a night sight up front but the stock Glock bucket style rear?

That factory Glock sight picture just seems to help me get on target fast but I'd like some improvement in the darkest environments. My concern is that during the day, I'd be going from a nice white front dot to something a little less noticeable.

Can anyone share a sight picture if you're set up this way?

Thanks!

RayB
04-03-2011, 16:27
Conventional wisdom tells us that the rear sight should not "pop" as much as the front sight does. Or in the very least, the front and rear sights should "pop" equally. But you'd never want the rear sight to be more prominent than the front sight is.

That's why the only GT members we’ve heard from on doing this have done one of the following...

1) Used and XS Big or Standard Dot front sight.

2) Turned the stock rear sight around backwards (to present a plain black notch) and paired it with a tritium front sight.

AmeriGlo offers some prominent front sight options for you too, combining a tritium lamp with a bright sight marker...

http://www.ameriglo.net/sights

MMC used to make a Glock OEM-style night sight set, but have all but gone out of business these days. The last GT member to post on them, spoke of a frustrating experience.

But we did have favorable reviews, sans pictures I'm afraid, on the XS Big Dot front sight being paired with the Glock OEM rear sight...

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Let us know what you do and how it works! :wavey:

--Ray