Anyone have a RF-100 primer filler? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a RF-100 primer filler?

wrx04
04-03-2011, 19:22
I'm thinking of picking one up because i hate filling primers by hand. Anyone use one, or have any advice about them?

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/catid/9/pid/23473/?viewImg=1

WiskyT
04-03-2011, 19:33
For $300.00, I guess you must really hate filling primer tubes.

wrx04
04-03-2011, 19:40
For $300.00, I guess you must really hate filling primer tubes.

Yeah, its expensive, but im young and expect to be reloading for many many years to come. If i bite the bullet now, it could save me years of handfilling those damn tubes.

I probably am gonna pick up a 1050 in the next year anyway. Even with my 550, filling primers seems to take up the most time. I'm one of those guys who would rather pay more money and less time, instead of the other way around. I reload so i can shoot. Reloading doesnt bother me, but i dont find it "relaxing" like some here do. I want the end result and thats it.

shotgunred
04-03-2011, 19:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPcowugB030

Boxerglocker
04-03-2011, 20:06
Yeah, its expensive, but im young and expect to be reloading for many many years to come. If i bite the bullet now, it could save me years of handfilling those damn tubes.

I probably am gonna pick up a 1050 in the next year anyway. Even with my 550, filling primers seems to take up the most time. I'm one of those guys who would rather pay more money and less time, instead of the other way around. I reload so i can shoot. Reloading doesnt bother me, but i dont find it "relaxing" like some here do. I want the end result and thats it.

:agree: The RF-100 is at the top of my birthday/christmas reloading wishlist.

Colorado4Wheel
04-03-2011, 20:11
When I was using the 1050 I also used the RF-100. It worked well for me. I hear they require some tinkering to get right.

jmorris
04-03-2011, 20:37
I have one, dump in primers and push the button and go back to loading. Its worth it to me. If $300 breaks the bank you can make a DIY vibraprime for cheap.

Boxerglocker
04-03-2011, 21:13
When I was using the 1050 I also used the RF-100. It worked well for me. I hear they require some tinkering to get right.

I hear the same, depending on the primers you use. The rheostat needs to be adjusted to get it just right. So Steve as you were loading with the 1050 and the RF-100 could it keep up?

XDRoX
04-03-2011, 21:33
I've heard not so good things about them as well. But have no hands on experience with them.

Colorado4Wheel
04-04-2011, 06:51
I hear the same, depending on the primers you use. The rheostat needs to be adjusted to get it just right. So Steve as you were loading with the 1050 and the RF-100 could it keep up?

Yep, but I was not going as fast as someone with more experiance might be able to go. The RF sometimes struggles to pull the last 2 primers into the tube. I just ran it for a short period of time and then turned it off. I didn't care if I had 95 or 100 primers in the tube. It just didn't matter. BTW, it's LOUD. So I liked turning it off.

El_Ron1
04-04-2011, 07:23
There's usually a great wailing about the Vibra-Prime by this point.

Hoser
04-04-2011, 07:27
I bought one many years ago when they first came out and I won another at a match a couple years ago.

I leave one set up on large and the other small.

I like them. Huge time saver. That and I hate pick up tubes.

WiskyT
04-04-2011, 14:48

When I was young I drove an old Plymouth, used a Pro 1000 (still do) and paid my house off.

wrx04
04-04-2011, 16:10
When I was young I drove an old Plymouth, used a Pro 1000 (still do) and paid my house off.

Its all relative. Im on track for paying the student loans/house off WAY early too. I'm fortunate to have a decent amount of money to enjoy life, while still hammering out the long term financial plan. $300 wont break the bank...

WiskyT
04-04-2011, 16:32
Its all relative. Im on track for paying the student loans/house off WAY early too. I'm fortunate to have a decent amount of money to enjoy life, while still hammering out the long term financial plan. $300 wont break the bank...

Good. I don't begrudge people who make good money spending it, but we all see people spending what, or more than, they make. Then they turn 45 and still have 30 years on their mortgage and zero equity in their house. THEN they accuse me, at work usually, of being "rich" because I don't work overtime. Drives me nuts.