M&P mags - scarce? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : M&P mags - scarce?

PACorps
04-04-2011, 18:18
Been looking at snagging an M&P, but noticing most mags are either backordered or out of stock at some of my typical haunts (CDNN, topgunsupply, midway, etc.) - shortage these days??

mikebandw186
04-04-2011, 22:04
I just got the 3 pack at Cabelas online. At a much better price than ordering direct from S&W

TSAX
04-04-2011, 23:48
Not sure what M&P mag your looking for but try here.

http://www.44mag.com/category/smith_and_wesson/a

:50cal:

fastbolt
04-09-2011, 13:08
I seem to remember that the first time S&W offered their incentive program involving a free magazine with the purchase of a new M&P pistol, the company ended up back-ordered more than 75,000 magazines. Mec-Gar makes a lot of magazines, granted, but that's a fairly healthy back order to try and fill quickly.

Then the M&P pistol line seemed to really take off when it came to sales, both LE/Gov and commercial.

The last time I called back to order some spare magazine springs for the 40c I was told that Mec-Gar hadn't been able to ship any separate springs for that model magazine, yet, just the complete magazines.

The popularity and increasing sales of the M&P model line is making for some heavy demand on S&W and its vendors. ;)

PACorps
04-10-2011, 18:50
The popularity and increasing sales of the M&P model line is making for some heavy demand on S&W and its vendors. ;)

Man, you ain't kidding! Just picked up a full-size 9 that included the threaded barrel, shop had a few in stock, but at shop prices ($42) - told me the same thing.

Thanks TSA and Mike - unfortunately no dice there, both were out when I looked :(

Linux3
04-15-2011, 13:50
Wow, I just looked at 44mag and they are out.
I have 16 each of the 10 round (I'm an IDPA shooter) and 8 of the 17's.
M&P 9 FS and M&P 9 Pro both bought with a '2 free mags' offer.
Maybe I should think about selling a few at a large profit. lol

Glocker Rob
04-21-2011, 01:37
They are out where I am at too. They have some on order, but have no idea when they might come it. I got 4 so I'm good to go for now, would like to get a couple extra tho.....