Little Stevie will have BIG NEWS tonight! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Little Stevie will have BIG NEWS tonight!

GioaJack
04-05-2011, 14:25
Set your DVR's, put the kids to bed early, order Chinese take-out and tell the wife/girlfriend, 'not tonight, I have a headache'.

BIG NEWS, BIG NEWS... this will set the reloading world on it's ear and that's no BS! :whistling:

Don't even reach for the keyboards 'cause my lips are sealed.

Jack

themighty9mm
04-05-2011, 14:39
Is he pregnant?

XDRoX
04-05-2011, 14:57
My guess is it's either a 1050 or a 650.

Boxerglocker
04-05-2011, 15:12
Your lips are sealed?! Promises.... promises :whistling:

shotgunred
04-05-2011, 15:36
He is going to start to shoot a man's gun insted of that sissy 9mm.:supergrin:

Hoser
04-05-2011, 16:30
Cookies...

IndyGunFreak
04-05-2011, 16:36
My guess is it's either a 1050 or a 650.

That would be my guess... He sold the LNL (or convinced Hornady to refund it)... he ordered a 1050/650 for his 9mm, and an LCT for his "light" needs..

IGF

WiskyT
04-05-2011, 16:36
He is going to start to shoot a man's gun insted of that sissy 9mm.:supergrin:

Jack shoots a 9mm.

He didn't get a new press because he has to get his LNL back first. Then he can pawn it off on some rube and use the cash to by a 650.

My guess is he tried his buddy's FCD and liked it.

If I'm correct, it's going to make the Japan quake look like a walk in the park. The Earth is going to be knocked off it's axis.

GioaJack
04-05-2011, 16:42
Your lips are sealed?! Promises.... promises :whistling:

Keep it up flatlander, I know two people in Washington named Guido and Nunzio.

I usually like to take care of my own light work but I'm not up to traveling just yet. :whistling:

Jack

shotgunred
04-05-2011, 16:53
What is it with you Italian Americans. My wife keeps threatening me with connected Italian relatives. Not to mention we are good union men. So we are already owned by the mob. As a matter of fact being a union president I am to the left of Satan and the right of Hitler according to Glen Beck.

MinervaDoe
04-05-2011, 16:57
What is it with you Italian Americans.
We're short, so kneecaps are an obvious target. The world looks different from down here. Besides, when you find out that you have relatives with nicknames like Ice Pick and Knuckles, it changes your outloook on life.

Colorado4Wheel
04-05-2011, 17:22
Jack shoots a 9mm.

He didn't get a new press because he has to get his LNL back first. Then he can pawn it off on some rube and use the cash to by a 650.

My guess is he tried his buddy's FCD and liked it.

If I'm correct, it's going to make the Japan quake look like a walk in the park. The Earth is going to be knocked off it's axis.

Apparently, you’re the only one with a analytic mind in this group. First part is right. Second part I don't know about yet. But I will know soon enough about the FCD.

IndyGunFreak
04-05-2011, 17:24
So let the cat out of the bag already... What machine are you going to break next? :rofl:

GioaJack
04-05-2011, 17:28
I can not be held responsible if Little Stevie has the communication skills of a deaf mute.

Jack

IndyGunFreak
04-05-2011, 17:29
I can not be held responsible if Little Stevie has the communication skills of a deaf mute.

Jack

No need to go insulting deaf mutes now... ;)

Colorado4Wheel
04-05-2011, 17:50
Update:

Hornady recieved the press yesterday morning. I just so happened to call them yesterday to make sure they didn't have any questions and knew what the problem was. I never assume people understand are have been given all the info. I talked to a nice guy named Steve and he informed me that the engineer had come to look at the press and they decided to replace the frame. He also said the indexing was off. I asked about the frame replacement. The frame had a stripped boss/threads from when they sent me the wrong length bolt for the case-feeder. The longer screw was holding fine but I figured while it was visiting the Mother Ship it might as well get treated right. They had promised to heli-coil it but instead replaced the frame. He said that after the frame is replaced they will check it out again and see how it is working. I described how I thought it was the primer flow around the punch causing the case to wobble and tip as it went over the spring. He listened to all the stories I had about the press and said he would pass the info on to the engineer. I don’t have a picture of this area but here is a picture of the sub-plate and you can see the groove the spring sits in to the left of the nub.
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r215/98sr20ve/DSC_3488.jpg
So I called today. I was confused by his statement from yesterday about the indexing being off. I just couldn’t understand how it would be off and how I could possibly get it any better so I wanted to know how off it was and how to set it up “right” in the future. As soon as I said my name he said “The press is on its way back to you already”. Surprised I asked what they did. Basically, the replaced the frame, yoke, ram and tightened all the linkages up. They said the parts were warped. He said once they replaced those parts the indexing was spot on again. He also had the sub-plate machined for the grove so the case would ride on the case and not the primer as it went to the shell-plate (same as the Dillon now). He said those parts could have been damaged in transit but they don’t know. I think the parts warped when I was pushing with all my might to seat the primers 2 months ago when I had a defective sub-plate. I think that’s why this problem has been getting progressively worse because I have been pushing harder and harder over time trying to get the primers to seat. They were never going to seat with the defective sub-plate.
So basically, Hornady paid to ship the press back to them. Treated me great on the phone. Listened to my sob story about not having enough ammo and as a result turned around the repair in 24 hours. You really can’t complain too much about that assuming that the press is working when it comes back. If it is I will not complain but commend them for great service. I will know soon enough I think.

Colorado4Wheel
04-05-2011, 17:53

Jack

My wife tends to agree.

WiskyT
04-05-2011, 17:59
I bet Steve (the Hornady rep) has PTSD flashbacks every time he hears a phone ring.

Zombie Steve
04-05-2011, 17:59
So let the cat out of the bag already... What machine are you going to break next? :rofl:

Who's breaking what without me? :steamed:

Colorado4Wheel
04-05-2011, 18:02
I bet Steve (the Hornady rep) has PTSD flashbacks every time he hears a phone ring.

I am way to old to not understand the basic rule of:

Don't piss off people who are trying to help you.

WiskyT
04-05-2011, 18:18
I am way to old to not understand the basic rule of:

Don't piss off people who are trying to help you.

I was thinking it looked more like this. C4W is played by Edith and the rep is played by Archie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkue1ns4XvU

labdwakin
04-05-2011, 18:46
Glad they got you all fixed up for now...

Wonder how fast it'll get broken again....

Colorado4Wheel
04-05-2011, 18:50
I would not assume it's fixed.

ron59
04-05-2011, 19:14
So.... you're NOT buying a 1050? :crying:

Not sure what has transpired here has been BIG NEWS otherwise. :yawn:

unclebob
04-05-2011, 19:24
I would not assume it's fixed.

If it were me I would not even take it out of the box when it comes back, Sell it and get a 650 or 1050. When you need the phone number to Hornady on speed dial something just isnít right.

Colorado4Wheel
04-05-2011, 19:25
Big News was Jacks words not mine.

I don't know why anyone would think I would sell the thing before even giving it a chance again. Lot's of people are happy with their LnL. Mine had a bad sub-plate and it appears that led to other issues. I don't know if it's fixed but I will surely give it a chance before starting over again. If it's fixed I will be very happy with the press. Besides those two issues the press is pretty nice.

shotgunred
04-05-2011, 20:11
BIG NEWS:dunno:

Cavalry Doc
04-05-2011, 20:14
So, I'm saving up for a progressive, pistol rounds this time, maybe do some .308 and .223.

Guess I'll start another thread.

GioaJack
04-05-2011, 20:16
HEY, HEY, HEY... just waking up in the morning is BIG NEWS to me. Besides, it gave you all something else to look forward to tonight besides Top Shot. :whistling:

Jack

IndyGunFreak
04-05-2011, 20:34
HEY, HEY, HEY... just waking up in the morning is BIG NEWS to me. Besides, it gave you all something else to look forward to tonight besides Top Shot. :whistling:

Jack

I think I actually get the joke, Hornady actually has a NO BS warranty just like Dillon.

Hoser
04-06-2011, 07:15
Cool. More cookies left for me.

fudd
04-06-2011, 07:37
Good news with potential to be great news. Let us know.

DoctaGlockta
04-06-2011, 09:54
This reminds me that I need to get of my hind end and ship my LNL back for service. Thanks.

kcbrown
04-06-2011, 18:14
I think I actually get the joke, Hornady actually has a NO BS warranty just like Dillon.

But unlike Jack's posts... :whistling:

:supergrin:

norton
04-06-2011, 19:51
I thought Jacks big news was going to be his upcoming nuptials with one Heather Locklear.

dudel
04-06-2011, 20:14
I thought Jacks big news was going to be his upcoming nuptials with one Heather Locklear.

Great, we all would have had heart attacks!

PCJim
04-06-2011, 20:15

Indy, me thinks you left out an "o" there. I think it is spelled NOOBS. :cool:

GioaJack
04-06-2011, 20:26

I had to cut her loose for medical reasons. My doctor said that much sex could induce a fatal heart attack.

I told him, 'hey, if she dies she dies'.

Purely out of compassion for her well being I had to end it. She's crushed, but hopefully she'll rebound. Probably run out and marry a musician.

Jack

Zombie Steve
04-07-2011, 00:20
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895_2.jpg

G36pilot
04-08-2011, 02:19
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895_2.jpg

Stevie, how'd you get my wedding picture?

kshutt
04-08-2011, 04:37
If it were me I would not even take it out of the box when it comes back, Sell it and get a 650 or 1050. When you need the phone number to Hornady on speed dial something just isnít right.

Unclebob, you're exactly right! Why invite more grief? The whole primer seating nightmare brings back bad memories.