Glock 17 "Red, White, & Boom"? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 "Red, White, & Boom"?

40calGlock
04-05-2011, 14:55
Hello, I've recently purchased a Gen 3 Glock 17 used for $400 in good condition with 2 mags, a holster, and mag pouch. I plan on getting into some competition type shooting which is why I purchased it. This Glock is unlike any I've ever seen before. The slide is finished with American flags (see attached picture below). I've searched google and found that it may be a special edition called "Red, White, and Boom!" Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any further info. Does anyone know anything about this? Not sure how collectible this is but would the value depreciate if I ever decided to get the slide re-finished? Any info would be great thanks.

BOOSTED12A
04-09-2011, 22:05
cool!

southGA
04-09-2011, 23:16
Wasn't done by Glock, therefore I don't think it is worth more than a stock model except to the person who likes it enough to pay extra. It is interesting though.

rickster916
04-15-2011, 13:01
The Glock store does those slides. They have 4 differrent patterns.

Dubble-Tapper
05-31-2011, 13:07
yeah the glock store custom shop does those finishes. american flag pattern on an austrian firearm?!? it reminds me of a fella i worked with that had a huge mexican flag on the hood of his honda civic.

i think it looks tacky as hell, but to each his own, definately different