building an unlimited gun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : building an unlimited gun

BUSTER BULLDOG
04-05-2011, 19:25
Tried once before with a g-34 and lonewolf comp. and never got it to run 100%
Want to try again with either a 17 or another 34 and was wondering what recoil spring I shoud try. I use wally world winchester bulk ammo. Thanks for any help.:upeyes:

kyojin
04-07-2011, 21:21
You've got a lot of factors to consider. I would say that most people that build Open Glocks go with the 17. What compensator do you plan on running? You mentioned you had a Lone Wolf before. I had one too and didn't like it very much. I've got a Jager now and it shoots much flatter.

What optic do you plan on putting on? With my Open gun I ran into some extraction issues and had to get an extended ejector and non-LCI extractor. For WWB you'll probably need a 10# or 11# recoil spring. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

RICKSR
04-14-2011, 09:53
Proper spring weight for model 34

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #8c735a; COLOR: #8c735a" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start -->I have a new model 34 and just added on a Lone Wolf threaded barrel with a Major type comp. It will function most of the time,about 85-90% with factory ammo but not all of the time. It said in there ad when using this Major comp you need to use the following. LWD Compensator 9mm Major 1/2 x 28</SPAN>
Light loads, reduced power loads and standard ammunition WILL NOT RUN RELIABLY. You must use +P, +P+, 9mm Major, or 357 Sig loads with this compensator. I do not have a source for this ammo and the ones i found were cost prohibited. Also i can reload but i do not want to run the gun that hot all of the time. 1st question. What is the stock weight of the model 34 recoil spring. #2. What recoil spring weight would be safe and is reccomened to drop down to for reliable use and not hurt or damage the gun. I generally use the least expensive such as Blazer 115 GR FMJ or any other brand such as Rem/UMC., Win/USA. or American Eagle etc. I do not like using Wolf or any other of that super hot russian stuff. It gives me the willies. Any and all help appreicated. Thanks, Rick Sr.:wavey:

unclebob
04-14-2011, 10:16
Proper spring weight for model 34

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #8c735a; COLOR: #8c735a" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start -->I have a new model 34 and just added on a Lone Wolf threaded barrel with a Major type comp. It will function most of the time,about 85-90% with factory ammo but not all of the time. It said in there ad when using this Major comp you need to use the following. LWD Compensator 9mm Major 1/2 x 28</SPAN>
Light loads, reduced power loads and standard ammunition WILL NOT RUN RELIABLY. You must use +P, +P+, 9mm Major, or 357 Sig loads with this compensator. I do not have a source for this ammo and the ones i found were cost prohibited. Also i can reload but i do not want to run the gun that hot all of the time. 1st question. What is the stock weight of the model 34 recoil spring. #2. What recoil spring weight would be safe and is reccomened to drop down to for reliable use and not hurt or damage the gun. I generally use the least expensive such as Blazer 115 GR FMJ or any other brand such as Rem/UMC., Win/USA. or American Eagle etc. I do not like using Wolf or any other of that super hot russian stuff. It gives me the willies. Any and all help appreicated. Thanks, Rick Sr.:wavey:
Because you are using a Major comp. Replace it with a minor comp.