Adding a .357Sig barrel to my G22. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Adding a .357Sig barrel to my G22.

bczrx
04-05-2011, 20:27
I'm picking up a G22 this Friday and look forward to getting familiar with the Glock platform and the .40S&W cartridge. I am planning on getting a .357Sig barrel for it to have a dual-purpose pistol.

I should mention that this is going to be a range weapon only: not a carry or home defense gun. That said, I also am going to keep the trigger consistent with the 5 lbs-ish break I have on my other weapons.

So, I know the barrel drops in [if I get the G31 Glock barrel] and the mags are interchangeable.

I would like help on two other items of concern though:

1: what recoil spring strength does the .357Sig use? The same as the .40S&W?

2: what about sights? How far off will I be using a G22 slide with sights calibrated for the G22 when I am firing the .357Sig? I ask because I see the G22 sights are the 6.5mm and the G31 sights are the 6.9mm.

For my purposes, would it be best for me to get the adjustable sights and learn the # of clicks to change it to for the caliber switch? or is the POI so similar there isn't a real-world issue?

I am not the worlds best shot. I have fun. At 10 yards I can keep my 10 rounds [thank you california!] within a 3" circle with 9mm and within a 4" circle with .45, on a good day. This is standing, two handed, no rests. So, not the best in the world. A 1" difference in accuracy in height at 10 yards is not enough for me to change sights. A 3", or 3+" change in vertical accuracy would be.

Thank you

JR
04-13-2011, 22:19
The recoil spring is the same in the G22 & G31
The recoil spring is the same in the G22 & the G31
Adjustable sights will allow you to fine tune the bullet impact but i have to ask.... are you that good?
I think fixed sights will suffice.