Glock 34 with Heinie shooting too high, very common? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 34 with Heinie shooting too high, very common?

pevadijk
04-06-2011, 01:42
I'm planning on buying a Glock 34 in Gen4 flavour when they're available and my favorite site are Heinie's, so those need to be installed, but.......
I've read some topics about 34's shooting too high with Heinie's (or other fixed sights I guess), but how common is this?

TxGlock9
04-06-2011, 02:06
my glock 19 shoots 1inch high at 7yards with 10-8 performance sights. Haven't tried it at any other distance with it.

KennyFSU
04-06-2011, 06:05
Weird, I have a set of Heinie QWIK sights on my 34 and it shoots spot on (I shoot at 21 feet).

Triggerbender
04-18-2011, 09:11
I found them to shoot high on my 34 compared to the factory sights. 3 to 4 inches high @ 25yds.
On measuring the difference between the front and rear sight the sets I found the Henies rear to be aprox .035 taller in relation to the front sight than stock.

Henie warns you they may shoot high and will sell you a taller front at a discount. BFD
That being said I emailed before ordering wanting to know If I could get a set to shoot the same poi as stock and got a rude response.

I ordered anyway because I wanted the .125 notch that was not available in any other brand brand at the time. Hoping to shoot the same poi as stock. Fail!!