gen4 glock 23 jamming [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : gen4 glock 23 jamming

knightimac
04-06-2011, 09:03
Hi all.

New to this forum. I've been having a problem with a gen4 model 23 jamming/FTF with practice ammo Aguila and American Eagle 180grain FMJ. About 2 dozen jams in 300 rounds.:dunno:This is first time a ever had a jamming problem with a glock(19, 21, 36.)

I have no issues with Fed HST 180 which is my carry ammo in 40 or Herters 180 FMJ. All 155 and 135 grain FMJ and HP stuff shoots fine.

I have cleaned and lubed the gun well. I left slide locked open for a couple of days. Both have helped but not cured the problem.

Anybody else have this problem? Only 800 rounds thru gun thus far?

Should I just stay away from those brands?

Might it be the recoil/guiderod spring? This seems to be the main difference between my gen3 guns.

Thanks for your help.

JR
04-15-2011, 18:03
Try a lighter recoil spring or avoid that brand of ammunition

knightimac
04-16-2011, 15:18
Do you think this gun may be a candidate to be returned to glock?

JR
04-16-2011, 23:10
Contact Glock if you like. They will simply send you a lighter recoil spring

knightimac
04-20-2011, 12:35
Spoke with glock customer service yesterday. The person was informed, professional and polite. The rep said the gun is designed for duty use with full power self defense loads hence the heavy dual spring setup to reduce felt recoil. They recommended I try CCI Blazer or Speer Lawman because this is what they use to test the guns at the factory.

I'm considering putting in an adapter to use gen 3 springs. I never had a problem with any gen 1, 2 or 3 gun digesting anything.

This new spring design is a major problem for me. I never had issues with recoil on the midsize glock. I'll take reliability with multiple ammos over the minor gain in recoil control.

JR
04-21-2011, 22:10
The Gen4 has some issues with this dual recoil spring system. Glock Inc is hammering away trying to fix it.
If you want to go back to the "tried & true" Gen3 single stage system you will need one of our adapters. See them here http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=lwd-gr4a