Should Amanda Collins file a lawsuit? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Should Amanda Collins file a lawsuit?

Manzoli7
04-09-2011, 08:15
Elsware on Glock Talk there is apost about a woman named Amanda Collins who has a CWP in Reno Nevada. She was raped by an attacker armed with a gun in the gun free zone of her college campus. It said they have to get permission from the college president to carry. Now she has permission after she was raped. I think you should have one of your pro gun lawyer friends contact her and other men and women who have been attacked in gun free zones to have aclass action lawsuit against the colleges and the state law makers.

Why does the NRA not try to fund a lawsuit. Sometimes the NRA ignores situations like this. That is one thing I don't like about the Hellard ruling. It said reasonable restrictions could be applied and it mentioned gun free zones at school. That part of the Hellard case needs to be overturned. Maybe the laws in her specific state are worded in a way that would help her?

Mas Ayoob
04-09-2011, 09:28
You're preaching to the choir, my brother, and need a larger audience. Reach out to Second Amendment Foundation, which seems to have taken the lead on ground-breaking legal challenges of this type in the last few years.

Wishing you the best of luck,
Mas