Trigger reset problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trigger reset problem

OHIONRA8
04-09-2011, 14:31
Just got back from the range with my G17 RTF. The trigger started normal, after 5 or 6 shot the trigger would only break and fire after much greater than normal pressure. It grew increasingly difficult to fire, then the trigger would not reset. I'm getting ready to disassemble, any ideas what I'm going to find?

JR
04-15-2011, 20:34
Did you mess with the trigger before going to the range? These type failures are usually self induced. It is rare they ever happen on their own.
The only way to determine what happened is to get into the frame. Let us know where the failure is?

OHIONRA8
04-17-2011, 10:12
I had not disassembled a Glock prior to trying to repair the G17. Last week I dissembled and reassemble my G17, according to the instructions found in the ptooma Complete Glock Reference Guide, 3rd edition. As instructed, I paid particular attention the the Coil Trigger Spring, making sure it was reinstalled using the "S" configuration. I also I reassembled paying particular attention to the order the pins were reinstalled.

I tested the G17 yesterday, it performed flawlessly.

There were two areas that the reference guide stressed to pay particular attention to: the "S" configuration of the Coil Trigger Spring, and "NOTE IT IS CRITICAL TO INSTALL THE LOCKING BLOCK PIN BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE TRIGGER PIN." Could improper assembly of these to items, caused my earlier problems?

JR
04-17-2011, 12:17
Good job! if the gun quits functioning properly you need to get into it to resolve the issue.
Problem is, you did not see anything wrong or you would have mentioned it.
Evidently the issue was resolved upon (correct) re-assembly.
I have no idea what was wrong.... especially if you did not monkey with it prior to the FTF issue?