Options for reliable 4.5 Lb carry trigger [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Options for reliable 4.5 Lb carry trigger

maestro pistolero
04-10-2011, 09:35
Please bear with this Glock newbie. I'm sure this has been posted a million times, but I can't get anything to come up. I'm sure it's me.

I have a used, G19/Gen 3 arriving next Thursday as a CC companion to my brand new G35/Gen 4. So far I like the trigger on the G35 (4.5 lbs IIRC).

What are considered safe methods/parts swaps to get a 4.5-ish carry trigger with a short reset on a G19/Gen 3?

Thanks in advance.

cciman
04-10-2011, 09:53
How do you know the G35/gen4 is 4.5#?

Try out the G19 first. If its used, it may be smoother than yours.

Do a little bit more thread trolling in the general glocking forum, then come back if you really can't find the answers..

maestro pistolero
04-10-2011, 10:10
How do you know the G35/gen4 is 4.5#?
I can't be positive, but that's what Glock says it is out of the box, and it feels like 4.5# to 5.5# to me.

Try out the G19 first. If its used, it may be smoother than yours.
Do a little bit more thread trolling in the general glocking forum, then come back if you really can't find the answers..

Will do, thanks.

Brucev
04-11-2011, 12:17
Just a suggestion, but few if any shooters have fingers sensitive and experienced enough to be able to feel the difference in weight between different types of triggers. To determine the actual weight of the trigger pull, weigh it with a proper trigger pull scale. A gunsmith would almost certainly have one of these instruments. You can drive yourself up the wall trying to pull different triggers and determine if they are the same, similar or heavier or lighter or whatever. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.

PEC-Memphis
04-11-2011, 22:33
Since you said this is for CCW, you may want to read this thread (and the threads referenced in this thread):

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1259716

maestro pistolero
04-12-2011, 10:48
Since you said this is for CCW, you may want to read this thread (and the threads referenced in this thread):

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1259716

Thanks. I have several carry guns that all break at 4.5#. I have long ago made my peace with liability issues pertaining to trigger pull. I am more concerned about 1. The ability to place shots accurately, than 2. What happens in court afterward.

If, God forbid I have to shoot defensively, and I can accomplish "1", then I will be able to defend "2" in court.