Leapers Optics- Did I get lucky? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Leapers Optics- Did I get lucky?

GSSF17
04-11-2011, 07:12
I will say that I am very spoiled when it comes to my scopes and optics on my rifles. I buy quality stuff and stay away from the airsoft quality cheapos.

Awhile back, I had occasion to buy a "cheap" scope for one of my S&W M&P 15-22s that I let my nephews, guests, etc shoot. I simply wanted something 4X32, mil-dot, that would not break the bank, but still kinda look like the big boys. I purchased a Leapers compact Golden Image scope for 25 bucks, and figured what the heck.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leapers-golden-image-4x32-mini-size-range-estimating-mil-dot-scope.html

The eye relief is my only complaint, but the clarity and ability to take abuse and still hold a zero has astounded me. I have had this scope for a bit over a year and its performance is impressive. So much so that I bought another Leapers compact, but this time a variable power 3-9, AO scope for my Sig 522. This cost me 67 bucks at Optics Planet, and WOW. What a great little scope! Eye relief is very short, so I'd stick with putting it on a rifle with little recoil, but I cannot get over what a bang for the buck these little scopes are.

I am in no way a brand-loyal fanboy of anything in particular, but I just wanted to share my experience. If any of you are looking for some decent little scopes for yours, or the kids' airguns, .22s, .17s, etc, give these Leapers scopes a look. I got 2 of them with less than 100 bucks total invested, and they are mounted to rifles that get shot every weekend.

Happy shooting and holler if you got any expereince with this brand- I'm curious.

Broncbuster
04-11-2011, 09:01
I have looked at them and was suprised at the clarity for a cheap scope. I have a friend that has the 1-4x28 iluminated on an AR and it has been a great little scope for $90. I may try one on my 522. Got any pics of the Sig with the 3-9 on it?

JimBianchi
04-11-2011, 11:20
I've read on other gun forums that the CenterPoint scopes sold at WalMart are re-branded Leapers. (I have two leapers scopes and the comparing the two, I'd say they were the same company)

I also have one each (4x32, 3x9, 3x12 and 4x16) of the CenterPoint's sold at WalMart and all have been excellent on my 10/22's, 22mag, and my many airguns.

Great bargain priced scopes.

GSSF17
04-12-2011, 14:25
I don't have a pic with it on the 522, sorry. My camera savvy wife does the pic taking in this family, so I'll put that on her list!

Glad you guys share the same experience. The Centerpoint scopes, which I did not realize were re-labeled Leapers, have gotten rave reviews as well. I am especially glad that there's something still out there that is such an incredible value.

Happy shooting

dkf
04-12-2011, 15:23
I bought a Leapers and paid a tad over $100 new for it. Dang thing fogged from day 1. Needless to say I was pissed and threw it in the closet and bought another scope because I needed one ASAP. I'd take a BSA any day over a Leapers. Never had any issues with my BSA 3-12x50 and its very clear.