G22 Gen4 Reassembly Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G22 Gen4 Reassembly Question

fordhook2000
04-11-2011, 08:19
New user's first post here; been lurking for quite a while but figured it was about time to jump in :-)

I've looked around to try to find a post about a similar problem but haven't been able to find one, so excuse me if this has come up before, I just couldn't find it.

I bought a new G22 Gen4 a little over a month ago; I have a little over 300 rounds through it now (between playing and some department quals) and I love it. Something strange happened at about the 50 round mark though; I field stripped it to clean it and when I was trying to put it back together it "caught" with the slide just forward of engaging the slide release and clicking into the "in battery" position. I could not get it to pull back any further or to engage the lock and stay assembled.

My first thought was that I didn't have the recoil spring assembly seated properly, but I checked that several times and nothing helped. Finally (at the suggestion of the guy I was with who thought it was catching on the trigger bar), I reset the trigger by pushing the trigger bar and re-released the trigger (while riding the trigger bar to prevent damage to the frame) and the pistol immediately went back together perfectly like it should.

This has happened one more time since then, with the exact same fix.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

JR
04-11-2011, 15:07
Sounds like your trigger was moved forward when you were installing the slide. All you need to do is depress the trigger rearward and the slide will slip right on.