FMJ VS Plated [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FMJ VS Plated

Wash-ar15
04-11-2011, 20:07
I've been keeping track of prices on bullets. For some reason, plated is about the same as FMJ these days.
Is there any reason not to get FMJ if they are priced the same??

justinsaneok
04-11-2011, 20:26
I've been keeping track of prices on bullets. For some reason, plated is about the same as FMJ these days.

No! I buy the plated because they are cheaper!

Wash-ar15
04-11-2011, 21:00

Have you checked the prices recently? plated is not that much cheaper than FMJ.

Boxerglocker
04-11-2011, 21:01

No reason at all not to got to FMJ IMO if your spending the same. We ought to talk about a bulk buy on PD's this weekend at the Renton match. If we put a 10K order together we can get a max discount. Even if just 6K still only $77 for 124g FMJ's.

Start shopping around for prices and you'll see that a number of the plated bullet makers and reatilers are pricing themselves out of the market.
PD bullets a $75 delivered a K, with thier max discount for bulk buying.
Berry's and X-treme push mid $80's a K.

fredj338
04-12-2011, 00:38

Yeah, not for a few years now. Most plated are priced well beyond bulk MG or PD FMJ. The only reason to use a plated bullet instead is for indoor shooting, even then, the FMJ is almost as good, or for a bullet wt that isn't as cheaply available (ie, 200gr 45).

ducati
04-12-2011, 07:11
Club I shoot at just did a bulk load buy I picked up 124 gr Berry Plated for 63.00 a thousand.

DoctaGlockta
04-12-2011, 13:39
Give LRN's a shot. I was a plated/fmj guy until I woke up to Pb.

MajorD
04-12-2011, 15:34
for all my reloads I go plain lead and YES they can be shot in a stock glock barrel- brush the bore every 200 rounds or so. that's it no worries.