What ammo should I carry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What ammo should I carry

markmjp
04-12-2011, 14:25
:dunno:So I got my ccw here in florida about a month ago I am kinda gating familiar with it. feels acuward some times I gues I might have to look for new holsters its hot here I am a short pants kinda guy dont like heavy clothing anywahy i have to tipes of ammo speer gold dot 124 its not +p and i have golden saiber 124 and this is A +p round shud I carry standerd presure amo or +p I onley practice at the rainge about once a month with standerd presure

carry glock 26 I do have 19 and 17 as well

oh yeah opinions on having a backup mag is it really a thing to think about having on you I am a simple preson dont like mutch stuff on me or is it a must have. I ask this for the confusion of lisning to folks that carry so mutch crap like there rambo is it a must or not
still confused about the no carry laws in some plaices like resturanse that sell alchohol and some other stuff but i gues i am geting a hang of it

Mas Ayoob
04-12-2011, 20:57
Answering the more important questions first:

You definitely want to familiarize with Florida CCW law. There should be a booklet with your carry permit. I would also recommend the book "Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership" by Jon Gutmacher, a defense lawyer from Orlando. Many if not most gun shops there will have it in stock, and you should be able to get it from Amazon.com. Consider joining the Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club, located near the Orange County Sheriff's Academy. Great bunch of folks, with a lot of knowledge to share, and they also run some outstanding matches in IDPA and other disciplines: www.cfrpc.com.

Whether the spare magazine is a "must have" is up to the individual; heck, a lot of folks don't think the GUN is a "must have." That said, I'd strongly recommend carrying one. A tight to the body magazine pouch on the belt or inside the waistband conceals easily in a pair of shorts under an untucked (one size large) T-shirt.

Of the two loads you mention, I'd personally go with the +P. However, you want to shoot both in your gun and make sure you're comfortable with your chosen load's shooting characteristics.

Best,
Mas