wheel weights :crying: [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : wheel weights :crying:

shotgunred
04-13-2011, 16:43
I had to take a company car to the tire shop today. I thought I would try to score some lead while I was there. Last year they were selling lube bucket full of wheel weights for $20. Now they are giving all their lead wheel weights to the battery company for credit on batteries. The tire guy said it was a company wide policy.:crying:

sellersm
04-13-2011, 16:47
so who's the battery company?

bummer.... the times, they are-a-changing.

GioaJack
04-13-2011, 17:11
That's what you get for being mean to me. By the way, I can give your company a good deal on some batteries. :whistling:

Jack

Roering
04-13-2011, 17:38
Anyone ever use dive weights? I'll bet I can get an ample supply of those down here.

fredj338
04-13-2011, 20:19
Anyone ever use dive weights? I'll bet I can get an ample supply of those down here.

Yes, but it depends. If they dent or easily scratch w/ a screwdriver or chisel, then yo ucan use them to make bullets. If they are hard & ring when struck, probably a zinc alloy & not. So it depends.:dunno:

bush pilot
04-13-2011, 22:59
I had to take a company car to the tire shop today. I thought I would try to score some lead while I was there. Last year they were selling lube bucket full of wheel weights for $20. Now they are giving all their lead wheel weights to the battery company for credit on batteries. The tire guy said it was a company wide policy.:crying:

We're in Washington, lead wheel weights were outlawed this year. In 6 months there won't be very many to be found. I'm glad there are 33-5 gal buckets of WWs hibernating in my warehouse :supergrin:

chris in va
04-13-2011, 23:04
We'll all be casting zinc boolits soon, or buying $$$ factory ammo.

fredj338
04-14-2011, 00:41
We'll all be casting zinc boolits soon, or buying $$$ factory ammo.

Yeah, good luck w/ zinc in a good bullet mold. There will always be lead around, yo umay have to pay more for it, but there is always berm mining.:supergrin:

Angry Fist
04-15-2011, 13:59
It was a pain in the ass, but at least it's still possible.