USA ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : USA ammo

NHmike
04-14-2011, 08:54
I just ordered 500 rounds or .380 FMJ"s from USA ammo.

I did the research and the cost of the ammo + shipping it still about 2 cents cheaper per round than anything local or anything That I found on the net.

I find it weird that the package left Indiana and went Northwest instead of North East toward me but oh well.

Also, I see that they also make hollow points, not sure if these are carry quality but looks interesting.

Anyone ever order from usa ammo?

TriggerFinger
04-14-2011, 09:55
I considered ordering untill the shipping cost popped up. After factoring the cost of shipping, WalMart ammo cost about the same for factory new, non-reloads and I don't need to get 500-1000 rounds at once.

NHmike
04-14-2011, 12:00
I found shipping to be reasonable. Do you think it is high??

I compared to what I found on ammo engine and the shipping seemed fair.

HotRoderX
04-14-2011, 12:07
I found shipping to be reasonable. Do you think it is high??

I compared to what I found on ammo engine and the shipping seemed fair.

It will depend on where you live I found there shipping to be almost 10 dollars more then the place I go to online.

TriggerFinger
04-14-2011, 12:35
Their shipping prices aren't bad. I guess it's the combination of paying shipping and the price for bullets out of used brass that kinda gets to me when i can find new factory ammo for about the same or less.

I don't buy bulk reloads so going to the local Walmart for 250 rounds of TulAmmo at $14.99 for box of 50 rounds + 8.1% tax is still $12 cheaper than ordering USA AMMO reloads online.

The WWB is factory new and cost about the same as if I were to order USA AMMO reloads.

NHmike
04-14-2011, 15:03
yes, i have got a lot of Tulammo in 9mm and .223

I think I am paying almost $9 for tulammo in 9mm. That makes the usa ammo a bit more but I see the USA stuff being higher quality due to the brass cases, easier in the pistol. Plus I was told not to shoot steel thru the P238. Don't know if that is true.

Don't forget that I bought .380 which is a bit more that 9mm usually.

NHmike
04-14-2011, 15:03
It will depend on where you live I found there shipping to be almost 10 dollars more then the place I go to online.care to share the addy?

nkresho
04-14-2011, 19:33
I just got back from the range putting 200 9mm and 200 .45 of the reman USAAMMO.com stuff. Brass looked great, not dinged up, rims looked good too. A couple boxes had the brass coated in a nickel-type coating. Not sure what that was about. Not all of it was like that.

It was a little dirty but all shot well. I had one light 9mm round that didn't cycle the slide all the way back on my g26. Stovepiped it and I had to pull the mag to clear it.

The .45 seemed to have a little more ash than most ammo I have shot. Had a little bit on my arms after I was done. Guns looked as clean/dirty as usual.

I went through a box of federal champion 9mm afterwards as well as a box of magtech .45 just to make sure I had a good feel for the reman stuff. Felt very similar. I couldn't call one or the other more powerful loads.

Overall, I am pretty impressed with the reman ammo. I only bought 500 rounds of each caliber. Might have to order a thousand of each next time.

HotRoderX
04-14-2011, 21:01
care to share the addy?

sure I go to ammotogo.com

500 rounds of 380 would be 150.05 with shipping.

NHmike
04-15-2011, 06:13
sure I go to ammotogo.com

500 rounds of 380 would be 150.05 with shipping.

Thanks! I will look again!

NHmike
04-15-2011, 06:19
USA ammo was still cheaper for me. Although now I have more sources. Thanks!