Ever heard of a new-in-box Glock 32 coming with 8.0lb (+) connector? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of a new-in-box Glock 32 coming with 8.0lb (+) connector?

21Carrier
04-14-2011, 23:59
My friend who regularly shoots with me owns a Glock 32. He has long complained of a hard trigger pull, and always said he loved the trigger of my Glock 21SF (stock, but polished internals). I had shot his gun quite a few times, but never really noticed the heavy pull, although both of us were far more accurate with my pistols.

I compared my G21SF with my G29, and didn't really think the polishing made that big of a difference (I actually like my stock G29 better). Anyway, he wanted me to polish his internals. While doing so I thought, maybe this gun has a + connector, and sure enough, it does. However, he bought the gun new-in-box from a reputable dealer here in Bham, AL.

Furthermore, I looked at the stickers on my Glocks' boxes, and noticed they are marked with 5.5lbs, denoting a stock connector/trigger pull. So I checked his, and it too has the 5.5lbs marking. What gives? Have you guys ever heard of such a thing? I'm guessing the dealer put the + bar in it. Why in the hell would they do such a thing?

The only other info that I could imagine being relevant is that his box has a white sticker with the following OVER the normal blue Glock sticker: 2007/2009 GSSF PISTOL PURCHASE PROGRAM, then underneath that is a handwritten HTF 090-040. Any ideas?

NitLion
04-15-2011, 06:12
Some law enforcement agencies use the 8lb connector. Maybe a LEO who is also a GSSF member used his discount to purchase a Glock - and requested a pistol with a connector to match his duty sidearm?? All conjecture of course...

21Carrier
04-15-2011, 12:52
That is exactly what I was thinking. Especially since that particular dealer supplies a lot of the local police agencies around here. As far as the GSSF sticker goes, although I have never bought a pistol from them, I know they require any non-officer to enroll in the GSSF when buying a pistol. Anyway, I think I'm gonna go with my friend up there today and see what they say/do about it. That + (8lb.) connector is no joke. It is like you get right to the point of trigger break and you hit a wall. It is SERIOUSLY stiff.