Reloading community. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Reloading community.

justinsaneok
04-15-2011, 20:35
I just wanted to say thanks guys for being so helpful. The gun and reloading community is full of the most thoughtful, helpful people out there. I'm glad there are people who are willing to share their years of knowledge to help the growth of shooting sports and us people with a bunch of questions along. Just so you know your creating monsters. My press is lonely. I heard the multiply. But my Dillon wont give my Mec the time of day. Maybe if I get another Dillon say a 650 with a case feeder they will procreate a super 1050. What do you think?

alwaysshootin
04-15-2011, 20:42
If the procreation thing works, please, let use know!:supergrin:

XDRoX
04-15-2011, 21:01
Most reloading forums are not like this one. This one's special.

Boxerglocker
04-15-2011, 21:06

:agree: Great bunch on guys that always give good honest advice. I'll be the first to admit checking in on the GT reloading forum is a everday must do for me. It's like family... the "Waltons" but we got Grampa Jack :whistling:

justinsaneok
04-15-2011, 21:07

This is true. So true.

justinsaneok
04-15-2011, 21:08
:agree: Great bunch on guys that always give good honest advice. I'll be the first to admit checking in on the GT reloading forum is a everday must do for me. It's like family... the "Waltons" but we got Great Grampa Jack :whistling:

Where is he anyway?

XDRoX
04-15-2011, 21:34
Where is he anyway?

It's past 6:30, he's sleeping of course.

fredj338
04-15-2011, 22:51
For the most part, shooters, hunters & reloaders are like a brotherhood. Like any family, there are a few toads, but for the most part, guys will happily share guns, ammo, tips & techniques. I've met some good guys through the forum, hope to meet some more.

Hogpauls
04-15-2011, 23:02

+1000 I bumped around and kicked the tires before settling here. I may not contribute much but I learned and laughed alot.

Zombie Steve
04-15-2011, 23:18
Why is everyone being so nice?

I'm going to the garage to check on my lead. No sudden moves, now.

Jeffbat83
04-16-2011, 02:20
Why is everyone being so nice?

I'm going to the garage to check on my lead. No sudden moves, now.

Feel good friday.. it's over now though.

Agree with OP, this forum made the leap to reloading much easier for me personally. However, it has become somewhat of an addiction, always spend an hour or two a day making calls and searching the net for good component deals.:brickwall:

Kwesi
04-16-2011, 06:36
+1 for the special people that make this forum what it is! I've learned so much in the past 9 months. While I have little to contribute my hope is that I can pass on some of what I've learned to others just starting out.

GioaJack
04-16-2011, 11:04
It is a sad, sad fact of my life that I spend a good deal of time on this forum. To save face I'd like to use the excuse that I hand around because of my current lack of mobility but the truth is I be around just as much if I was able to tiptoe through the tulips or chase women at my previous speed.... well, tiptoe through the tulips anyway.

The last three or so days have brought around a significant amount of improvement toward getting back to the norm. I've been able to spend some short periods of time in the room and actually do more than look around.

I was able to stand long enough to knock out 300 9's on the 1050 then sit on my little stool and supervise the son-in- law while he knocked out 200 more. Also spent several short sessions sizing and lubing bullets but I've got to get the SIL to lift the containers of bullets off the floor for me. Not to the point where I can bend over or lift anything up.

Today I'll supervise the SIL while he knocks out a few hundred .45's for his STI. Tomorrow he's going to drive me down the hill, pick up my little shooting buddy Deak and head to the range. Although I won't be able to stand long enough to do any real shooting it'll give me the opportunity to sit in a chair, do some chrono work and finally sight in the STI's. I'll have to brush off the cobwebs first.

I miss being able to post on a regular basis, (although I'm sure there are many who are rejoicing) but after trying to do relatively simple things during the day by early afternoon I am in need of a couple mother's little helpers.

As much as I thoroughly enjoy screwing with everyone I never, never want to be malicious in doing so and I have little faith in what I might type while under the influence of the pain meds. However, this pesky little condition will pass in time and I will return to my normal mode of being a PITA. It is my life's goal.

As has been mentioned in previous posts, there is something very unique about this forum that other forums can't even approach or hope to duplicate and this old cripple is very grateful for both the forum and for all of you... it sure as hell beats watching Oprah.

Jack

ChrisJn
04-16-2011, 11:47
As much as I thoroughly enjoy screwing with everyone I never, never want to be malicious in doing so and I have little faith in what I might type while under the influence of the pain meds. However, this pesky little condition will pass in time and I will return to my normal mode of being a PITA. It is my life's goal......
Jack

I don't think you need worry, Jack. I was just thinking the other day how pleasantly mellow you were getting in your dotage.