G35 Lone Wolf .40 Barrel [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G35 Lone Wolf .40 Barrel

tlund11
04-17-2011, 00:01
My father gave me a standard-length Lone Wolf .40 barrel for my G35 (because he reloads lead bullets), and today, after about 50-60 rounds the gun blows up in my hand.
Afterward, I found the depressor plunger and spring on the ground, and the extractor was missing (I never found it). I found the primer end of the casing on the ground, but the rest of the casing was mashed in the barrel. Also I had a plug in the handle of the gun and found that it too had been blown out.
I talked to my dad, and while I don't know much about reloading myself, he told me that he does each one by hand and that they're not hot loads. He doesn't really approach the recommended max.
I'm really just wondering if anyone has any insights into something like this?
I figure that Glock won't care because I'm using an aftermarket barrel, and Lone Wolf won't care because it was a reloaded round, so really I'd just like to hear what anyone thinks.
The pictures aren't the best, but this is the casing stuck in the barrel, and the end of the casing. The primer was struck.

Thanks!

JR
04-17-2011, 12:04
Looks like a clear case of over worked brass! Odds are that cartridge has been loaded several times and the webbing at the case head finally let go.
If it was an over pressure load the feed ramp would have ripped
The barrel did its job, you can clearly see it is still together.