The S___ Has Hit The Fan across North Carolina [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The S___ Has Hit The Fan across North Carolina

Maikeli7
04-17-2011, 08:29
April 16, 2011: A line of severe thunderstorms crossed North Carolina bringing with it tornadoes, the likes of which have not been seen for over twenty years. These storms have destroyed and/or damaged hundreds of homes in over 15 counties and have killed over twenty people.
For no other reason than blind luck, there was an empty space in the line of storms, and this empty space went right over my neighborhood. Just 5 miles away, a tornado destroyed everything in its path.
For anyone who questions why to be a "prepper" (as I once foolishly did), this is much more than a very good reason.
Last night, in McGee's Crossroads, my friend's ex-wife lost her house and her two vehicles. With what little daylight she had left, she collected what she could from what was not destroyed, and she ran about the neighborhood searching for neighbors and digging them out. One of her neighbors was crushed and later died when a tree landed on her house. That evening, when it got dark, she and her fiance had to pull their firearms on people in the darkness who were trying to loot her appliances and other belongings. She spent the whole night guarding her property.
Why prep? For exactly what she has gone through.
My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this horrible catastrophe.

Eagle22
04-18-2011, 06:51
Damn

Glad she is alive.

JackMac
04-19-2011, 21:25
How does one join NC Glockers?

kirgi08
04-19-2011, 21:36
I live in wnc,our mountains help shield us from those type storms,we had HIGH wind a trees down but no twisters. :scared:

As ta joining C/glockers,I'm sure there is a thread where one can request a # that correlates with the group.If you can't find the thread pm DJNINER,he's a mod that normally takes care of these things.'08.