Kudos to those who deserve kudos. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to those who deserve kudos.

GioaJack
04-18-2011, 17:39
For those of you who have no life what-so-ever and occasionally click on one of my threads you may remember that yesterday I mentioned the new 1050 was seating primers unacceptably high. So high in fact that you would need the guidance of a sherpa and an oxygen bottle to climb to the top of them.

Upon waking from my drug induced sleep and gritting my teeth against a level of pain that would most certainly kill a lesser man, (four hours of shooting yesterday was probably not the wisest thing to do), I was determined to solve the conundrum of the high primers.

Armed with copious amounts of coffee and cigarettes I read through the owner's manual. Luckily I found the section that stated, 'if primers are not seated deep enough adjust seating depth'. Sage advice if ever I heard it. Being the trained investigator that I am I knew I was on the right trail.

The trail went cold. A team of bloodhounds would have given up and started licking themselves. Not another word on how to 'adjust seating depth'. Apparently a loader's ex-wife wrote the manual when the alimony check didn't show up.

giving Dillon the benefit of the doubt I figured I simply had not consumed enough caffeine and nicotine so after rectifying that problem I read the manual again. I came to the logical conclusion that it wasn't just some loader's ex-wife that wrote it, it was one of my ex-wives... or possibly all of them working in collusion.

Not to be deterred I turned to our friend, Google. Search engines whirred, sent the search request to clandestine search engines who in turn bounced the request off of satellites who in turn relayed the query to the super Cray computer hidden in the bowels of the Pentagon. An impressive list of responses was revealed, each of which stated, 'if primers are not seated deep enough adjust seating depth'. Perhaps Donald Trump is right, we are living in the middle of a giant conspiracy.

Left with no alternative I utilized the toll free number that connected me directly to the wizards at Dillon. My confidence was buoyed when rather than being connected to a wizard by the name of Dopey, Sleepy, Grumpy or Sneezy I was greeted by a wizard named Eric.

He patiently listened as I explained my problem with the 1050 then calmly asked if I had checked the owners manual. (I have to cut him some slack here since he had no way of knowing that I am a highly trained investigator and would have routinely checked the manual in my quest for an answer.) I replied that I had, not only twice but had checked online to see if perhaps the manual had been updated and that the manual makes no mention of how to adjust seating depth. Although I couldn't swear to it under oath I thought I sensed a brief moment of disbelief on his part. Obviously he has spoken with customers of questionable reading comprehension skills and thought he had been cursed with another one of them.

He very professionally asked me to wait for just a moment whilst he searched the data base for the appropriate section of the manual. I knew he had found it when he said, 'here it is'. He read aloud what I had read silently for the better part of the morning... 'if primers are not seated deep enough adjust seating depth'. There was a pause after that momentous proclamation.

You could have knocked me over with a feather with his next words, 'huh, it doesn't say how to adjust the seating depth'. AH HA... a meeting of the minds!

'Well that really doesn't help you much if it doesn't tell you how to do it'. I agreed whole heartedly. 'Lets check something else, lets see if the part number and diagram of the part shows how to adjust it. Not very likely, the manual lists the part number but doesn't show the actual part. I felt sorry for wizard Eric and started to think that perhaps his ex-wife had written the manual.

It could have been a scene out of a movie because it became very obvious that wizard Eric didn't need no stinkin' manual, he knew how to adjust the seating depth but had been trying to help me find the directions in the manual.

His directions were clear, concise, unambiguous and simple enough that even IndyGunFreak could have made the adjustment.

Kudos to Dillon for staffing the phones with knowledgeable techs and kudos to wizard Eric for being so courteous, polite and helpful... I greatly appreciate.

Dillon techs be warned... Little Stevie is waiting on delivery of a 650, you're going to be getting a lot of calls... you don't have to be nice to him, no one likes him anyway. :whistling:

Jack

unclebob
04-18-2011, 18:11
Hey Jack page 11 of your instruction manual in the middle of the page. Took me about 30 seconds and I donít even own a 1050. I know it is the drugs.:tongueout:

shotgunred
04-18-2011, 18:19
Jack it is easy. You push down on the doohickey with your right hand while at the same time you turn the thingamabob exactly 2 and 1/32 of a turn and with your other hand you tighten up the lock thingamajig.
See easy! I used to work for Microsoft tech support.:cool:

Colorado4Wheel
04-18-2011, 18:23
Dillon techs be warned... Little Stevie is waiting on delivery of a 650, you're going to be getting a lot of calls... you don't have to be nice to him, no one likes him anyway. :whistling:

Jack

Care to make it interesting? 50 lbs of lead perhaps?

WiskyT
04-18-2011, 18:29
Just to get Steve on the right track, I'll give him a heads up.

No pipe wrenches are needed to service or adjust a 650.

PsychoKnight
04-18-2011, 18:33
Dillon Intoxification - happens every so often, some more than others.

kcbrown
04-18-2011, 18:34
You know, you could have saved yourself all that trouble, and saved quite a bit of money at the same time, if you'd just gotten a Loadmaster. The directions for that show you how to adjust the primer seating depth. :whistling:

I've always been a big fan of using the right tool for the job. And it appears that for you, the right tool for the job is the Lee Classic Turret. Fortunately for you, I have one that I'll grudgingly trade to you in exchange for that overly-complex Dillon 1050. As it happens, working with overly-complicated things (computers, in my case) is something I specialize in, so you needn't worry about me being unable to handle the 1050, should you wisely decide to take me up on my generous offer.

:supergrin:

GioaJack
04-18-2011, 18:42
Hey Jack page 11 of your instruction manual in the middle of the page. Took me about 30 seconds and I donít even own a 1050. I know it is the drugs.:tongueout:

Way to go old man... you have cleverly identified what I have twice described as appearing in the manual. That's it, it tells you to adjust that particular part but doesn't tell you what it looks like or even where it's located.

That's why fate led me to the doorstep of wizard Eric. :supergrin:

Jack

GioaJack
04-18-2011, 18:46
Care to make it interesting? 50 lbs of lead perhaps?

That's a bet I'd go out of my way to lose. I would take great delight in paying off the entire fifty-pounds in very small increments at around 850 fps. :whistling:

Jack

StaTiK
04-18-2011, 19:03
He very professionally asked me to wait for just a moment whilst he searched the data base for the appropriate section of the manual. I knew he had found it when he said, 'here it is'. He read aloud what I had read silently for the better part of the morning... 'if primers are not seated deep enough adjust seating depth'. There was a pause after that momentous proclamation.

You could have knocked me over with a feather with his next words, 'huh, it doesn't say how to adjust the seating depth'.

Step 1: admit you have a problem. Check. Now hopefully they fix it.

Although, I can't imagine that you are the first person since 2007 to have this question... perhaps the first to read the manual?

-StaTiK-

Colorado4Wheel
04-18-2011, 19:08
If the primer is not seated properly
(too high or too deep) you will need to
adjust the primer push rod (#12819).
Clockwise turns of the primer push rod
will cause the primer to be seated deeper
while counterclockwise turns will seat
the primer higher.

Page 27 shows you where part # 12819 is located.

But I read all the instructions. Even the last couple pages.

EL_NinO619
04-18-2011, 19:11
Oh no Stevies getting a 650... Cant wait for this one..lol hey I just loaded some glock brass without a hicup. Now that my worries about glock brass are behind me , I think a glock 21 may be in order..

GioaJack
04-18-2011, 19:18
If the primer is not seated properly
(too high or too deep) you will need to
adjust the primer push rod (#12819).
Clockwise turns of the primer push rod
will cause the primer to be seated deeper
while counterclockwise turns will seat
the primer higher.

Page 27 shows you where part # 12819 is located.

But I read all the instructions. Even the last couple pages.

Well of course you would... are you going to tell us the thickness of the page too? :whistling:

(Don't ever try to call Dillon... the word's out, you're on their ignore list.)

Jack

Colorado4Wheel
04-18-2011, 19:40
I read Dillon. I was expecting to see exactly what I found before I even downloaded the manual. It's the way they do their manuals.

unclebob
04-18-2011, 20:39
Way to go old man... you have cleverly identified what I have twice described as appearing in the manual. That's it, it tells you to adjust that particular part but doesn't tell you what it looks like or even where it's located.

That's why fate led me to the doorstep of wizard Eric. :supergrin:

Jack

So go right ahead and blame me for your rookie screw up.:wow:I guess SP never had to use a T.O. when you were the Air Force?:shocked::tongueout:

Glock XIX
04-18-2011, 21:09
Is that you Red ? :wavey: